40?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See what happens when you don't pay attention to setlists? It didn't close the two shows I saw.

Damnitt why do they vary the setlist, now I missed 40!!! :madwife:

My bad, I forgot they brought it back for awhile...

Know one knows if it will end the show, but MOS has had mixed veiws, some say his voice is great which makes it a good closer, some say it just doesn't work as a closer.

I remember last time out when some complained that 40 left people wanting more last time out, sound familar?

Love Is Blindness remains their ultimate closer for me but 40 every now and then would be nice.

40 is my favorite when they played it like they did on lovetown. It was awesome and a great way to close the show. Vertigo's version of 40, is like current versions of WOWOY, it leaves a lot to be desired. I remember after seeing it close several vertigo shows, and then seeing Bad close- that Bad was the best closer I had seen. Bad was just perfect way to end a show. I still don't think they can top that, unless they ever decide to end the show with Bad-Streets.

Love Is Blindness was incredible, and fit ZOOTV perfect. Edge's solo is still one of my all time favorite u2 live moments. It had a very dark feel, not as uplifting as 40 or Bad or Walk On (which at the time was a great closer).

Back
Top Bottom