Zurich Presale/General Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulrg

Refugee
Thought I'd start this thread now the venue - Stadion Letzigrund and date - September 11 are confirmed. See Good News Productions AG for info from local promoter until u2.com is updated.

Presale is scheduled to start in one week (Thu Jan 28) at 8am local time. That presale is I believe for VIP members of the local promoter's club (Ticketcorner.com - details of U2 show not yet up there). However in German presale can be used to mean general sale so check website for more info. Will be interesting to see what u2.com presale arrangements will be. I guess the main public onsale date will be Fri Jan 29 but it remains to be seen.

Prices v. similar to remainder of Europe (note that 1 Euro = 1.48 Swiss Francs CHF)
Seats cat 1 CHF 230 --
+18.60 pre-sale fees

Cat 2 seats CHF 150 --
+18.60 pre-sale fees

Admission Cat 3 CHF 85 --
+11.80 pre-sale fees

Patio Cat. 4 CHF 45 --
+7.00 pre-sale fees

Red Zone Category 5 General Admission CHF 380 --
+14.30 pre-sale fees

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you a week behind? TODAY is 21 January. :wink:

The public sale is 8am on Thursday, 28 January.

Are you a week behind? TODAY is 21 January. :wink:

The public sale is 8am on Thursday, 28 January.

Sorry - you are absolutely right Axver - the 28th it is and it is too late to edit my post now. The excitement got the better of me - I'm sure you understand!

from u2.com:

22 January 2010
The Zurich 360° show will take place on September 11th at Letzigrund Stadium and tickets go on public sale next Thursday, January 28th. A presale for U2.com subscribers opens on Monday and runs till Wednesday.

We'll be emailing our subscribers with presale details this weekend. Click here for dates and onsales of 2010 shows.

Here's the presale times for our different subscriber groups. (Please note:you can check what subscriber group you are in by logging in.)

Horizon - Presale Opens 10pm January 25th
Breathe - Presale Opens 3pm January 25th
Boots - Presale Opens 10am January 26th
Magnificent - Presale Opens 3pm January 26th
(all times local)

Just wanted to say hats off to U2 for controlling pricing on this tour. I'm certain the local promoter would and could happily charge a minimum of CHF 100 (near enough $100) for the cheapest seats for the Zurich show. Instead the cheapest are in line with other European venues at CHF 45.

By way of comparison a Black Eyed Peas and a Muse concert both announced this week in Switzerland have minimum ticket prices of CHF 80 and CHF 102 respectively. Quite amusing that you have to pay double the U2 price to see one of the support bands from the last leg of the tour!

Yes, my sweetie paulrg:heart: is right, thanks to U2 the Swiss promoter cannot charge as much as they would normally. They really wanted to charge CHF 100 for the cheapest tickets.:shifty: I read in the Swiss evening paper that the local promoter sort of complained about that. I guess that is why it took them so long to announce/fix the concert. Apparently the promoter thought they could have sold for CHF 550,000.00 more but for U2. So genuine fans have the band to thank. Italians/French or Germans certainly do not earn as much as the Swiss but might want to come here. Thanks to our U2 :hug:, the fans actually can afford this nice concert as well as....bankers. :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Letzigrund is the venue of the Zurich golden league athletics competition right ?

The press here are reporting huge interest in the U2 gig. We didn't want to leave it to chance in the public sale so krisi83 joined u2.com and we got 2 GAs in the pre-sale for the latest 'Magnificent' members. Strong rumours of a second show most likely on the 11th. If so would probably be announced Thursday or Friday if/when the first show instantly sells out.

The press here are reporting huge interest in the U2 gig. We didn't want to leave it to chance in the public sale so krisi83 joined u2.com and we got 2 GAs in the pre-sale for the latest 'Magnificent' members. Strong rumours of a second show most likely on the 11th. If so would probably be announced Thursday or Friday if/when the first show instantly sells out.

I was thinking (too late ?) to do the same.
Do you know if I can still get presale access if I suscribe tonight to U2.com ?

I was thinking (too late ?) to do the same.
Do you know if I can still get presale access if I suscribe tonight to U2.com ?

Unless you want Redzone or the 467 EUR per head VIP package I wouldn't bother. I have seen several reports that that is all that is available in the u2.com presale now. Ticketcorner.com (who are handling the main sale) are apparently allocating separate tickets to their VIP members which also go on sale 08:00 Thursday. This membership costs CHF49. It says on their website "Members, who have signed up their membership after the 26.1.2010, midnight, are not entitled to order U2 Tickets from the exclusive Member allocation." Whether this means midnight just passed or midnight to come is unclear. They are a vague bunch.

Oh the joys of sourcing tickets. Good luck.

Zurich general sale sold out in under an hour. Although I still see 3 top price seats and 13 Red Zone tickets available! Second show (probably for Sun Sep 12) almost guaranteed now.

GA tickets being bid over $400 on local auction site!

I guess the general sale is called "presale", and what we call the presale is called the "pre-presale".

Yes it is something confusing in the German language. For anyone still wanting tickets keep trying the official seller ticketcorner.com. They keep releasing small amounts of tickets in most price categories. Possibly these are the result of cancelled multiple orders from over-enthusiastic punters.

I like that Ticketcorner website: simple design, good English language translation, no Captcha words, fast credit card processing, instant email confirmation - well done Zürich

:applaud:

It's cool that the website also announces that CHF 295 of every RED-zone ticket (CHF 380) will be donated.

I don't remember if this was also known for previous sales?

Presale/General Sale information for 2nd show.

HORIZON GROUP
Tues. 2 Feb. 10AM local

BREATHE GROUP
Tues. 2 Feb . 10AM local

BOOTS GROUP
Wed. 3 Feb. 10AM local

MAGNIFICENT GROUP
Wed. 3 Feb. 10AM local

The presale begins Tuesday February 2nd at 10am and runs until Wednesday February 3rd at 5pm (local time). Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday February 5th at 8am.

Anyone received their tickets yet? I know its still early but apparently they started sending out tickets for the first show from Ticketcorner on Wednesday/Thursday of last week. I have not - neither from Live Nation nor from Ticketcorner.

Back
Top Bottom