wouldnt want this seat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's still not even that bad. obviously some seats would be in the way of the legs, or vise versa rather.

Someone posted a picture in the set list post (I couldn't find it) of a lower level seat that completely obstructed the entire claw structure because of the over hang of the upper level. I'm sure they were $250 seats too. I'd rather have the seats in that video..

Someone posted a picture in the set list post (I couldn't find it) of a lower level seat that completely obstructed the entire claw structure because of the over hang of the upper level. I'm sure they were $250 seats too. I'd rather have the seats in that video..

According to a report on u2tour.de, the top rows of level 1 weren't sold because of the overhang. Whoever took that photo, it was probably taken at first sight of the stage area, before they took their seats.

As for the image posted with the claw leg in the way.. if you press the 'play' button, you'll notice that Edge is in view nearly the entire length of the video. It appears Larry is obscured by the claw, but he's certainly visible on the screen (and possibly when his riser rotates him into view?). The claw leg obstructions have been discussed to-death on here. It's obvious they would obscure portions of the stage, but as stated so many times before, the guys move around. Nobdody - not even someone in the first row - will have a view of every band member at every moment of the concert.

I can see the screen just fine. Bono, Edge, Adam are almost always moving around. Sounds pretty good.

A U2 show is more about the sense of community than visibility anyway. U2 never said it would be a perfect solution for all in attendance. Advantage of more people in the audience and SLIGHTLY cheaper tickets outweigh this nuance. They should have either gotten tickets sooner somehow or did the simple geometry on the seating chart to see there would be an obstruction. Hey, at least they are AT a U2 show!! (My sympathies to the Aussie poster. :sad:)

You mean a 30 dollar ticket and one person is obstructed for part of the show?

OH NOES!!! A lot of seats are going to have some obstructed for awhile...

But you have one of the best views of the light show so not bad for $30.

I would want it. Living in Aus we may get no shows, so I have to say, let's put this in perpective: id take it

mate i wouldnt count us completely out of the running to get them here. our dollar value is doing alright ;)

Think claw does get in the way...

Guess this is a 30 buck seat no edge or Larry in view...
I say claw is a eyesore from here.

I think the obstructed seating issue is going to be more of a concern in American football stadia, which tend to be narrower.

In some of the American venues, the claw will be directly in front of some $250 seats:

lg_lasvegas.jpg

European soccer stadia tend to be wider, so the obstructed seating won't be "as obstructed" in regards to individual sightlines:

lg_paris.jpg

I would want it. Living in Aus we may get no shows, so I have to say, let's put this in perpective: id take it
exactly :up: i'll probably see a couple shows and i still don't see what's so bad about it. if you're that far back, chances are you'll be looking at the screens anyway, not the band. or at least i do when i'm that far back. so to me it'd be like oh no, i can't see something i'll only occasionally glance at anyway. :shrug:

You mean a 30 dollar ticket and one person is obstructed for part of the show?

OH NOES!!! A lot of seats are going to have some obstructed for awhile...

But you have one of the best views of the light show so not bad for $30.

That seat was not purchased for $30 dollars. It was purchased at least for 30 EURO'S. At the current exchange rate that is about 45 DOLLARS not including any service charges. The lowest price seat in Barcelona is 30 Euro which is about 45 dollars. But there are some seats in the upper level at Barcelona that were sold at the 85 Euro price or $120 dollars.

I got a $90 seat in the upper deck for Vancouver. Looks like it's going to be pretty much in line with one of the claws legs like the one in the video. I'm just happy to be going though! If they all move around a bit it should be fine. :up:

Well, look outside your window and look at a tree, or a lightpole that's far away and tilt your head a little bit and look at the tree or lightpole and see how much behind it becomes visible. Not much really.

Back
Top Bottom