Why no house lights for Streets????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyJB

Refugee
Damn you U2, why don't you know when you have a great thing?? After seeing the Youtube clips of Streets I'm dismayed to see that the big house lights moment has once again been left out. Streets is the one song over all others that I cannot wait to see for the first time this summer, I think I will probably faint from excitement, but the only thing that can make this song reach the euphoric heights it never fails to reach - is the big light-up-the-stadium intro.

Edit: I don't normally like to moan about the band's actions, I normally agree/like whatever they do, but this is one thing I do feel strongly about!

Are we sure it actually never happened? the clips i seen showed the lights changing to white, and nobody who has been to the concert mentioned a lack of the white light.

Sorry Mikey, but they actually did make an attempt at it - watch some of the clips on youtube and you'll see the spire is completely lit up... i agree that they should have some more lights on the claw itself switched on.. but i think the effect is still similar to what it used to be... watch some of those clips - you'll see what i mean :up:

They did light the audience for Streets. Maybe it didn't come across in the YT clips.

I agree with Mikey from the pics of rehearsals we can see v bright lights all over the claw
I think they should all light up and make the song seem like an explosion when Larry smashes the cymbal!!!
I know the tower lit up but it didnt seem to give off much light, maybe it didnt come across on youtube but it looked alot less impressive than the Streets intro did on the Elevation and Zoo Tv tour, and even the middle section of the tune on the Vertigo tour

Yeahhhhh I'd like it to resemble the 'blinding lights' like Zoo TV did... whenever I show that DVD to friends and it gets to that part, they're blown away :applaud:

from under the claw the light wasnt enough. All I sam illuminating was the bottom of the spire. Bright yes but if they used the screen to blast out light then it would have been perfect. Lighting the whole claw would have blinded us. small price to pay, , , , ,

Well this is one of the tradeoffs with a 'full 360 view' stage with no back...to truly blind the GA circle crowd you need a set of lights in behind the band...that would be an obstruction to everyone behind..it's just the way it is. Far as I know this is the first tour tho, it did in fact happen during Streets last tour, later in the song.

Same goes with beautiful day, the way they used the lights on the elevation tour gave it that more hype, sadly the last 2 tours beautiful day doesnt seem to be sang with that emotion and hype.

YES that video is what I want to see, and that does indeed settle the issue. Thank god for that! :D

Same goes with beautiful day, the way they used the lights on the elevation tour gave it that more hype, sadly the last 2 tours beautiful day doesnt seem to be sang with that emotion and hype.

i actually like this version of BD...i like the organ lead-in.

-dan

Back
Top Bottom