Why didn't U2 tour Montreal, Canada this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muldfeld

Refugee
Montreal is a major city and U2 has visited it every tour in the past until this one. Why? It's much more culturally integrated and organic than Toronto, which has bad areas all of a sudden next to safe areas and is very artificially structured (Yorkeville, for example).

Okay, snob appeal aside. Montreal has a stadium, too, and many U2 fans exist there; it's 6 hours drive from Toronto. Why didn't U2 stop there? Any ideas, folks?

This tour is hardly over... Montreal will almost certainly get a show or two next year.

Muldfeld, I actually read this post in its entirety because it's uncharacteristically short for you. I suggest you edit while there's still time, and type at least 600 more words. Otherwise, I'm to suspect that you've been hacked! :wink:

Muldfeld, I actually read this post in its entirety because it's uncharacteristically short for you. I suggest you edit while there's still time, and type at least 600 more words. Otherwise, I'm to suspect that you've been hacked! :wink:

I know, not one mention of Isreal, politicians, corporate U2 sell out, no sexism... what the hell? :wink:

U2 also didn't play a lot of other big NA cities on this leg too. Philly, Denver, Miami, Oakland/SF, Seattle

This tour is hardly over... Montreal will almost certainly get a show or two next year.

I thought they might have assured the good people of Montreal that there would eventually be a show, but it seems mostly to be European stuff. I fear Montreal has suffered from pro-Toronto propaganda. I turned into a U2 fan -- as did my big brothers before me -- when I lived in Montreal, so I feel badly for its residents.

Montreal is a major city and U2 has visited it every tour in the past until this one. Why? It's much more culturally integrated and organic than Toronto, which has bad areas all of a sudden next to safe areas and is very artificially structured (Yorkeville, for example).

Okay, snob appeal aside. Montreal has a stadium, too, and many U2 fans exist there; it's 6 hours drive from Toronto. Why didn't U2 stop there? Any ideas, folks?

U2 probably realized that nobody in their right mind plays at The Big Owe.

I thought they might have assured the good people of Montreal that there would eventually be a show, but it seems mostly to be European stuff.

That's because they're doing the European announcements and sales before the North American ones.

Because:

A)The pylon doesn't fit under the roof
B)The acoustic is crap....(And i'm polite with the word "Crap")

I'm hoping for a Montreal show in 2010, but given that the only stadium there that is large enough in terms of capactiy - Olympic Stadium - is crumbing to pieces and the stage likely wouldn't fit under the roof, I'd say it is unlikely....

They will come play here...I know they will...or at least I hope...:wink:

And U2 don't hate Canadians or Montrealers during Vertigo Bono was joking U2 was going to move to Montreal..:lol:

THE ROOF AT THE STADIUM HAS A DODGY HISTORY . SAFETY IS A BIG CONCERN .

as for some of the other cities : miami , new orleans etc

has anyone ever heard of the NFL?

u2 and the nfl butted heads over scheduling . i heard that getting the Boston date was a challenge.

the NFL cities passed over this year will get a show next year .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom