Who's Risking The General Sale? Non-Prop Members?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it too late to join for a pre-sale now? Would definitely consider it, if only for the peace of mind. To be honest, I only really want GA tickets for the Dublin show, that's it (and I know that more will be added).

Actually, as an aside, would it be possible to buy the tickets for the Dublin show at a Ticketmaster in California? I'm on a year abroad thing here, and I really don't want to have to chance the website (had a horrible time last tour), so just being able to queue and buy a ticket would be nice...

Actually, if they go on sale back home at about 9am that's gonna be 1am here... are there any 24 hour ticketmasters?

If they decide to come to Brazil... I'll be on general sale. I can deal with the folks from here, and after all... I know people. :sexywink:

Ive always got tickets through the General Sale since 1993 and on the last tour got tickets for Cardiff and Manchester,i personally think the band get enough money of us fans without handing over more to subscribe to the official website which as we all know is not the best!!

For those panicking over getting tickets in the UK remember to sign up with Live Nation and also keep checking SeeTickets and also Ticketline.co.uk.

Good luck on the day

Ste

I am. I could have bought tix the last minute to the side of the stage in tampa as they dropped tix once they were finished putting the stage up. I also did that during the popmart tour, but than again that tour did not draw well at all & the band took a loss on that. I have not been with since Propaganda since the early 90's & I'll risk it again this time, I caught the band numerous times in the 80's when I was younger & the band was easier to get to, so no big deal if I have to skip the show.

I always do the renewal for U2.com each year before mine expires, so it's $32 instead of $50 like this year. I almost never use their website, but my main reason for resubscribing is for the annual CD. To me it's irrelevant that the CDs are frequently just the audio from a DVD that I already own. I'm a completist, so if they released each of these CDs in stores for $20 or so, I would end up buying them anyway, so it's very easy for me to justify spending the $32 to resubscribe. I have all 5 of the previous fan club only U2 albums and am looking forward to the new one, to finally own these songs on CD as I am not a fan of downloads. To me, it's a nice bonus to be able to also use the presale code, making my membership even more justified.

Halup, I always said you were a purist!

BTW, I talked to Greg today!

Im pretty sure Livenation leads to Tickemaster when you go to buy them.

That almost certainly won't be the case with the U2 shows . . . unless the Live Nation and Ticketmaster merger is approved before the on-sale (which is unlikely).

Live Nation didn't give U2 all that money just so another company can make the profit off of the shows.

They always seem to have tickets available the day of the show (as well as a few weeks ahead on Ticketmaster). I was waiting in line to get tickets to an Anaheim show on the Vertigo Tour and they had tons of GA tickets available that day. It varies from venue to venue though. I think the primary reason to join the paid membership to U2.com would be for a chance to get GA tickets for this tour. I signed up again but I'm in the 2nd group (Breath group) to get tickets during the presale.

My take on joining u2.com now is as follows:

The fan site is not going to have enough GA's for everyone who has joined as members. With the revealing of this tiered, seniority system, joining now means you only get a crack at whatever pre-sale tickets are left on the middle of day 2 after all the other fanatical members have bought up the good tickets. Do you honestly think people in the "C" group are going to be pulling up GA tickets? U2.com is going to be given a set amount of tickets in different sections b/c they want the general sale to have GA tickets as well. So it comes down to this -

1. Paying $50 extra bones for merely a shot to compete in group "C" and hope the remaining GA u2.com tickets are left on day 2 of the presale in the afternoon vs.

2. Competing for free against the rest of the general public for a wider number of GA tickets.

I am going with option two. I've never been a member of u2.com and I've been inside the heart or ellipse THREE times. Perhaps I've been lucky and I won't be so lucky this time to land GA's. However, I'm not going to blow $50 to not get GA's either. There are always tons of ways to get tickets after the general sale. I've been to every sporting or music event I've wanted to be at over the past 10 years. If you hustle enough online, you'll find the tickets you want for a reasonable price. Also, if you're willing to wait closer to the date of the event, prices dramatically drop. With the shape of the U.S. economy, I think you'll see plenty of tickets available.

I know I'll get tickets(I'm doing GA). It's just that I would prefer not to pay 3-4X above face value.

Oh I never paid above face value. If you wait till a little before showtime they don't charge extra. Once the show is about to start they just want to make their money back.

Back
Top Bottom