Who's going to a concert solo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEVERLY56

Refugee
My husband is not a fan. I bought him a ticket ($200!!!!) and he went to Cleveland with me. We got right up against the stage, 1st row, under Edge. He had earplugs in the whole show. Needless to say, I will not be buying him any tickets this round.

That being said, I am curious how many of you are planning to see shows by yourself this tour? Maybe we can all meet up. I am hoping to see all 4 shows that my presale code allows me to buy.

If anyone has any experiences they can relate (good or bad) it might help make some of the other people planning to attend alone more comfortable. I spent the night in line in Pittsburgh alone and had a great time, and I would say to anyone thinking about doing it...JUST GO. You won't be sorry.

I might. :hyper:

But I think it's better when you go solo... you get the chance to meet new people and also wander on your own. The stress of clutching onto someone in GA area, crowds, and in lines... :rolleyes:

.. :reject:.. sorry if that sounded mean...

I can understand him wearing earplugs, hes just being carefull afterall.

If he was being a crabby git though... :tsk:

Seriously, if I could tell people one thing: WEAR EARPLUGS. I went to the Boston show in May of 05 and ever since I have had tinitus - a condition that is ringing in the ears. ALL THE TIME. It's a permanent condition. Ever since then I have had to be a lot more careful with noise.

Wearing earplugs at concerts makes it sound *better* in my opinion. You get a clearer sound and it really makes a big difference. You can still hear it clear as day (which is scary because that's how loud they are these days!).

Please, do not look down on anyone that wants to save their hearing. I wish I had been sufficiently warned before that Vertigo show.

I went by myself to both San Diego Vertigo shows. Went to Las Vegas with 2 friends but they didn't have tickets so I went to that show by myself and met my friends again at night. The nice thing about Las Vegas is that I was making line for the floor with other fans that were friendly. We paired up to increase our changes to scoring a place inside the bomb shelter.

My cousin will confirm if he can go with me to Dublin, Ireland. If he doesn't then I guess it will be another show I go to by myself.

He worked for many years in a very loud auto shop and wears a hearing aid in one ear (well, he's supposed to wear it anyway, but seldom does.) He just generally does not like U2 music and would prefer not to go.

I am going to Chicago for sure, probably wait until the next leg after that. I am hoping for some places a little closer to home on the next go 'round.

Going to Paris and Amsterdam solo!! Can't wait for a great hostel experience in Amsterdam!

I went to several shows solo on the last tour, but hung out with some friends who were ahead of me in the GA line. I prefer to enjoy watching a concert with people I know, and for the three shows where I ended up "alone" inside the arena, twice I was able to enjoy the show next to or at least near people I knew.

I may end up buying only one ticket to the Vancouver show, but hopefully can hook up wtih some fellow fans, especially if I get really brave and go with GA. :)

He worked for many years in a very loud auto shop and wears a hearing aid in one ear (well, he's supposed to wear it anyway, but seldom does.) He just generally does not like U2 music and would prefer not to go.

I am going to Chicago for sure, probably wait until the next leg after that. I am hoping for some places a little closer to home on the next go 'round.

Bev, It's Kevin...Weren't we in line in Pitt together? How the hell are you!?!

I went to the last LA Vertigo shows by myself as well as Omaha. I actually met a guy from on here coming in from NZ (helllllo Andrew!), hung out for the day, then we scanned into the ellipse! one of my best concerts on that whole tour. I was on Kanye's flight from STL to Omaha, met him and hung out with the orchestra gals (helllllo Nicole!) who were super cool. Going solo opens you up for some great experiences and meeting new friends.

I'll probably be solo for Vegas and LA unless my usual concert buddy can get a weekend pass. However it works out, it'll still be great.

I went solo last time - and had the time of my life!! :applaud: Met a lot of other crazy/fantatic U2-fans and had a blast. I think it's much better going alone instead of someone who is: Well, I kind of like With or Without you and that Bono-guy he is a great performer .... Nahhh...

This time around I probably won't be going solo - but I wouldn't mind though ....:)

I don't know anyone in "real life" that likes U2 :lol:

Last tour, I just flew/drove to the shows and planned to meet up/share hotels with fellow Interlarnders. I've always had a blast and unforgettable times doing the GA thing. Except for that crazy April girl....she's just trouble with a capital T. :wink:

I might have to, I've never been solo to a concert ever!! I don't know enough people who are willing to pay $$$ to see U2.

:wave:

Are you a fellow Ohio person? I'm planning on going to the Chicago show, with my husband and fellow Interferencer 2orangecats and her hubby--the more the merrier!
I always check the Ohio thread in fan meet-ups, but I'd love to meet with others in Chicago!

:wave:

Are you a fellow Ohio person? I'm planning on going to the Chicago show, with my husband and fellow Interferencer 2orangecats and her hubby--the more the merrier!
I always check the Ohio thread in fan meet-ups, but I'd love to meet with others in Chicago!

I am -- Akron. My hubby is originally from Chicago, he will make the trip with me to visit his family while I'm at the concert. We were just there over the weekend. We definitely need to meet up in Sept!

I'll probably go alone to at least one or two shows on this tour but hopefully will meet up with some fans I met in Tokyo. I went to a few shows solo on the Elevation tour. It's kind of nice to just have to worry about yourself in the GA fray.

I went to an LA show solo, cause I had to buy scalped tix and no one wanted to pay $200. It was the best experience. I met cool peeps in line, and ended up in the Ellipse right in front of the boys from Entourage! I can actually see myself in that particular episode.

I should be attending this concert with a friend, but since we'll be doing GA I think I might end up in the line by myself for a while since I plan on getting there super early. I say go for it because it's a great place to meet cool U2 fans!

I go to concerts by myself a lot. I've never had a bad experience. Some shows have been better than others, but a lot of times I end up meeting and talking with people I'd never talk to if I were with someone else.

Back
Top Bottom