Who's going to a concert solo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just moved 500 miles from my U2 friends in Ohio so unless I can convince one of them to travel to New York for the concert I will be going alone. I won't let that stop me though!!!! I would much rather be alone than to miss out!

I went to a show solo once (mainly cause it was cheaper..but also cause I didn't want to be hinder by my parents...who went with me to one Vertigo show and two Elevation shows) and I had a good time.

I'm doing it again when they come to Chicago again...again cause it's cheaper (hopefully).

:reject: More than likely I will be doing this. It will be my first time ever going to a concert solo, but I am actually looking forward to it. I am looking forward to enjoying the freedom of getting lost in the music and meeting other fans. I would love to be able to meet other Interferencers :D

I went to an LA show solo, cause I had to buy scalped tix and no one wanted to pay $200. It was the best experience. I met cool peeps in line, and ended up in the Ellipse right in front of the boys from Entourage! I can actually see myself in that particular episode.

I should be attending this concert with a friend, but since we'll be doing GA I think I might end up in the line by myself for a while since I plan on getting there super early. I say go for it because it's a great place to meet cool U2 fans!

Yah sounds fun I did that for Elevation and it was a great experience.

I'm not GOING alone. But I seem to be the only one of my family that wants to do GA so I'll most likely be on the floor level alone. I don't mind, I wanna try and get as close as possible. :rockon:

I had no inentions of going alone but I will. If it's true you can only purchase a total of four titckets for all four NA shows durring the presale I guess I'm going alone. That's stupid if that's how they are doing it. We should be at least allowed two tickets per show.

I saw 4 shows by myself, and had a great time. Once the show starts, you're not alone any more :cute: It would be nice to have a concert buddy, but if I don't find one thats okay too.

It doesn't bother me either because I talk to everyone and once the show starts it doesn't matter.

I saw 4 shows by myself, and had a great time. Once the show starts, you're not alone any more :cute: It would be nice to have a concert buddy, but if I don't find one thats okay too.

I think you miss my point. I'm travelling from Calgary with a friend to see these shows. If we both can't get tickets then whats' the point in the other person even coming. Just so they can hangout and do nothing the night of the U2 concerts? Oh well. There's bigger issues in life. I just think it sucks they set the ticket limit at one. If I lived in Chicago and Toronto it'd be no big deal but I don't so.......

I had no inentions of going alone but I will. If it's true you can only purchase a total of four titckets for all four NA shows durring the presale I guess I'm going alone. That's stupid if that's how they are doing it. We should be at least allowed two tickets per show.

Why can't you just buy two tickets to the one show and then another two to another show? To my knowledge they're not specifying how to distribute the four tickets you're allowed to buy. Split them however you want. The only limitation is that in total you can only buy 4 tickets.

If you want to go to the four shows then buy presale tickets for two of the shows and the other tickets in the general sale.

On the vertigo tour, I went alone to all of them. If you're in GA, you're not alone. You will have been in line with people all day and maybe even multiple shows in your city/region.

I had side stage seats for Elevation and didn't wear earplugs and the level was fine, I don't even think my ears rung afterwards. So for the 1st vertigo show I was at, i was on the rail outside the eclipse. I covered my ears for Kings of Leon since it was so loud. I just thought it was them, but then when U2 went on, by the encore I couldn't even understand the words, my ears were absolutely shot. I wore earplugs to every show from there on out.

I do have one bit of advice. Don't buy the cheap foam earplugs. They drop the sound by 30db and muffle the sound. I think it took away from the experience. For the last show I went on the tour, I discovered hearos earplugs that reduce the volume slightly but not enough to muffle the sound
http://hearos.com/earplugs/products-00211.html

But since this tour is outdoors, If you're far enough away from the speakers, I don't earplugs will be necessary.

I'm definitely going to LA alone, and maybe Vegas too. I sort of prefer to be on my own, and I don't have any friends who are willing to commit to a full day in the GA line anyway (and I can't blame them, because I wouldn't do it for any other band).

For Vertigo, I went to Philly and DC on my own. If I am able to go to 360, I'll be on my own too. I have a few friends that like U2, but not enough to pay for a ticket.

Debbie

I don't have a lot of friends that like U2 that much to go to a show. I will go by myself if I have too. I would not miss my favorite band because I have to go by myself

first NZ show on the vertigo tour i went to alone, and trust me: you dont leave alone :)

Hey Bev - Julie here
Great to talk to you again. Your hubby was the bomb in Cleveland with the heater!
I'll probable go to at least one or two shows alone. Hubby will probably go to one though I don't think I can get him to do GA unless I'm saving his place and I know that is a no no.

I'm pretty sure i'm not going alone (haven't talk to my other 'sorta U2 fans' friends but even if I had to go alone to Vancouver concert and since it's GA, it will be still be cool.But it's always still cool to share it with others.

Back
Top Bottom