Who should U2 take on tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Morgoth321 said:
In 2005, I got to see Snow Patrol, who are a good band (although their sound was truly awful that night.)

i've heard their sound is awful pretty much anywhere :huh: i saw StarSailor open for U2 in Cardiff during the Vertigo tour and the sound was a fucking atrocity, everything just ECHOED round the whole stadium! :(

BonoManiac said:

Agreed. :yes:

Best opening act I've ever seen, of any concert I've ever been to, was Arcade Fire. :rockon:

That was the first time I saw them live.

:rockon:

How about The Verve? I'm sure they could use the exposure, now that they've reformed...and no way they could sell out an arena on their own. Plus their sound is massive.

Last edited:
Dalton brothers are a mighty fine band that u2 would find hard to follow.

There is a old act still doing the circuit called Macphisto who is a good song and dance man.

.......Henry Rollins.....?

I could be wrong but aren't their opening bands only bands who also appear on the same record label? If so, that might narrow the list quite a bit...

tomtom said:
How about The Verve? I'm sure they could use the exposure, now that they've reformed...and no way they could sell out an arena on their own. Plus their sound is massive.

+1

One of the greatest bands ever. Too bad they had a lot of internal problems, but there songs were definitely collosal.

ladywithspinninghead said:
I could be wrong but aren't their opening bands only bands who also appear on the same record label? If so, that might narrow the list quite a bit...

That doesn't matter...

if a newer band- the killers, the arcade fire, the secret machines

as long as its not damien marley.....

I'd love to see Pearl Jam and U2 again :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
But I doubt thatll happen

Headache in a Suitcase said:
meh... unless it's a major act i'm just skipping the opener for more booze time anyways so who cares.

Gotta love being drunk at a concert so you won't even remember it....

Pablo Sandoz, listen to Fleet and Menara in the Jukebox in the media section on the site. They use alot of acoustic guitars together with electronic sounds, the term Bono use for the new album :) The song Menara got a Morocco feel and Fleet is a very feel good song.

The adress is : www.pablosandoz.org

They should take me or Axver on tour – so there would be somebody competent for setlists & song suggestions (duck down all ya 'Greatest Hits' nerds ...)!

I wasnt thinking bands i was thinking Rock orchestra, but i suppose the logistics and costs could spirral.

mikal said:
Mute Math

They are my favorite recent band of a few years ago. These guys are great live and there album is one of my favorites :D

(below u2 of course...) hehe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom