Who should U2 take on tour? - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 AM   #341
Refugee

Local Time: 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
I wouldnt be entirely shocked if this was true. The energy that Zack and boys bring is insane. I'm truly jealous of those of you that got to see this show. Unfortunately this was at a time when concert hopping was impossible for me

If you like RATM's music, you need to see them live, if they ever tour the States again. Truly awesome shows.

I'd seen them in 1996 in Golden Gate Park, and thought they were good, but that set they did opening for U2 in Vegas turned me into a big fan of theirs.

I'm hoping U2 fans give Glasvegas a chance, I just wonder how the band will handle that gigantic stage and not being allowed to move around the catwalk

Old 03-25-2009, 03:19 AM   #342
Refugee

my roommates love glasvegas. the european shows sound like they have great openers so far. I'm also jealous of those that are gonna get to enjoy the Kaiser chiefs They're fun to watch.

I REALLY wanted to see Rage at Coachella in '07 but it sold out The closet I've been to seeing them live (well 3/4 of them)was when audioslave played that free show on hollywood blvd some years ago.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:22 AM   #343
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2Play View Post

I'm hoping U2 fans give Glasvegas a chance, I just wonder how the band will handle that gigantic stage and not being allowed to move around the catwalk
are the opening bands really not allowed to use the catwalk? I always assumed it was more of a "courtesy" or "respect" thing. Hmm...I remember Eddie vedder practically stumbling on the runway...but then again ...he's eddie vedder
Old 03-25-2009, 03:25 AM   #344
Refugee

Quote:
I REALLY wanted to see Rage at Coachella in '07 but it sold out
Rage at Coachella was amazing, simply because I couldn't believe they had actually reunited. The fans up front were totally insane, I think that was the worst crush I've ever seen at a concert, pretty dangerous actually.

The only problem with Rage that night was the entire left bank of speakers blew out after the first song, so they only played at half volume. Didn't seem to bother any of the maniacs in the pits, though.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:28 AM   #345
Refugee

Quote:
are the opening bands really not allowed to use the catwalk?

You're probably right. Flag Man (from Marley's band) walked around the ellipse every night waving his flag, so I guess U2 don't necessarily forbid it. Glasvegas are stuck behind their guitars, though, so I think they'll be planted in one spot for their set.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:45 AM   #346
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Glasvegas for 24 July in Dublin!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:44 AM   #347
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:20 PM
I saw Rage at Lollapalooza, fuckin' tight as hell. Zack had to keep telling people to step back because everyone in the front was getting totally crushed. I found myself a comfortable spot where I could rock out without suffocating. i had to jump up and down to see anything, but that's how it goes. Here's hoping I'm at least on the rail for U2...!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:20 PM
MUSE, oh my God, I want to see them, too
Old 03-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #349
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
are the opening bands really not allowed to use the catwalk? I always assumed it was more of a "courtesy" or "respect" thing.
I remember an interview with Gwen Stefani where she said Bono told her she could use the heart as much as she wanted on the Elevation tour. She said she felt weird doing it, like that was U2's and she was trespassing, so she said she only went out on it during No Doubt's last song of the night.

I guess it's a respect thing. Kudos to Gwen for that.

Tags
opening acts