Who should U2 take on tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would coincide nicely with the new decemberists album! They're made for stadiums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

My (non-U2 fan)friend thinks Barry Mannilo should open for them in Vegas :lmao: She wants to see him, I want to see U2, she thinks it would be a great trip. Oh lordy.

Interpol. this would be super cool!

and oh yes, Simple Minds in Glasgow or anywhere... that would be fantastic. :)

Openers

first choice:
Daniel Lanois

and somehow talk Brian Eno into touring again, bring David Byrne along so Eno/Byrne can do songs from their new album. If not at least take out Lanois he's an amazing musician and performer. His influence is all over this new record.

if not:

Bell X1 (fellow Dublin heros) * on Letterman tonight 3/17 actually.

or great choice (esp for Europe)
A-Camp
(Nina from the Cardigans band w/ her husband Nathan from Shudder To Think .. amazing new album coming out soon here already out in Europe)
they also tour with singer Emm Gryner in the band (who Bono said once had "one of the best songs of the last 20 years with "Almighty Love" from her forthcoming album (not yet released).

or other choices:
Gemma Hayes
Hot Chip
MGMT
Broken Social Scene

-gs
Second Motion Entertainment | HOME

How many and which support acts have been confirmed so far? I know Snow Patrol will open a couple of shows and Glasvegas in Dublin and UK. Any more?

How many and which support acts have been confirmed so far? I know Snow Patrol will open a couple of shows and Glasvegas in Dublin and UK. Any more?

It's Elbow at Wembley, according to the ads in the press yesterday.

I've never given a stuff before about who supports U2, but now that it's been confirmed that the Pixies will be in Europe in June I'm praying it could be them - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

I've just seen that Glasvegas are confirmed for Glasgow and Cardiff, but that's all so far.

Glasvegas + Elbow + U2 would be superb.

I've never given a stuff before about who supports U2, but now that it's been confirmed that the Pixies will be in Europe in June I'm praying it could be them - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

The Pixies are playing together again? :ohmy:

I still haven't gotten to see them. I had fifth row center seats for a show in Syracuse on their reunion tour, but they canceled it to go play in Boston for a show that was released on DVD. :madspit:

. . . but now that it's been confirmed that the Pixies will be in Europe in June I'm praying it could be them - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

The Pixies are playing together again? :ohmy:

I still haven't gotten to see them. I had fifth row center seats for a show in Syracuse on their reunion tour, but they canceled it to go play in Boston for a show that was released on DVD. :madspit:

Pixies

:drool: :drool: :rockon:

I don't think that will happen. I understand the Pixies did not have a good time opening on the Zoo TV tour.

Back
Top Bottom