Who are you going with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hubby isn't going. He likes them, but not enough to put in the work for a GA experience. I demand enthusiasm and no complaigning while on U2 quests, so it's better for everyone if he skips it. :)

HAHAHA I hear ya!! My Huby has been with me for a few shows and it is not as enjoyable, as he is not a fan...he just goes A) to try to be nice...or B) to make sure I stay out of trouble! hahaha...so for this tour, so far...I have 2 tickets to Tampa, which I am going with Hubby's best friend, while his wife and my Hubby go fishing...SEE YA HUBBY!!:wave::wink:

:lol: U2 is my favorite band and because a friend can't go doesn't mean I should have to miss out too

Agreed. There was a time I wouldn't go to the movies alone, much less a concert. But I started doing both and sometimes it's better that way. I mean you aren't really alone, you are with fans all around you.

More than likely me, myself, and I...

I figured it would be easier to get a ticket that way, plus my girlfriend listens to opera, and my brother(I'm staying at his place in Houston) listens to nothing but Phish...

awww eeen.

Last time I did my first show with a casual-fan friend (mistake, we were GA, got there around 7 and were 7 people back off the outer rail), 4 alone and one with my mom.

This time, count so far is 7 with various interferencers (only people crazy as me...), 1 with my mom, 1 with a good friend/medium fan who was so happy to accept my ticket offer that he agreed to camp out for GA (and conveniently has access to a shower a 5 minute drive from the stadium), and 2 alone.

Hear, hear...

I'll be flying solo to all my shows until I meet up with people from here and Zootopia. A friend of mine was going to join me in Boston 1, but when she heard I was going GA, her hubby wouldn't let her go. :|
what is this, afghanistan?

Hear, hear...

I'll be flying solo to all my shows until I meet up with people from here and Zootopia. A friend of mine was going to join me in Boston 1, but when she heard I was going GA, her hubby wouldn't let her go. :|

You can hang with me. Did you get GA?

Im going with my mum to both shows .. she's not really a fan but she's agreed to go. Well, i had to beg her to go to the first show and bribe her with a night in her favourite hotel (i think that might have swung it). As for the second night, she refused so i told her i was taking my best friend with me (who likes about 4 U2 songs .. and absolutely hates Bono!) but she thinks he's trouble, which i guess is understandable considering he left me stranded one night in Belfast, i guess she was afraid id end up alone in dublin. But she finally agreed to go to make sure i was "safe" .. Im just glad i dont have to listen to my friend going on about how much of a wanker Bono is all night

Doing GA CHI1 with hubby and maybe my 15 and 13 yo sons. If I don't decide to take them I will have 2 extra ticks and will find someone that needs them. Hubby and I Boston1, and plan on seeing them as they come back across hopefully MN and KC

I will be going solo to Boston 1 and 2, GA
I went solo to Vertigo in Boston and had the best time. In the past, I would go with friends who were casual fans and I once actually left them at Dodger stadium in the nosebleeds while I went to the floor. This was before cell phones and they could not find me for a long time, I think we were the last cars to leave. So anyway, people are now hesitant to go with me. I have a friend who is a fan but not diehard. she has expressed interest in doing GA but not waiting in line overnight. I am unsure what to do because I want to go with her but not feel badly about the long GA line, etc.

I usually go with my brother, but he go married 2 years ago and since there not playing Philly he can't travel and can't really afford the tickets right now too.

I'll be going to one Gillette with my mom :heart:, we support each other's U2 obsession. Hopefully I'll be going to the other Gillette show with my two best friends, also :heart:.

I'm flying solo for Giants Stadium.

Since I met my bf through the local Toronto U2 fan club, we'll be going to all shows together; his bro and cousin will be joining us for the Toronto shows as they're fanatics, too. In fact, that whole extended family is :lol:
But I hope to meet up a lot of people from here along the way!

As for going alone, I think out of the 25 times I've seen them in concert, only 4 or 5 were with other people.

NJ1 I will probably be with a longtime U2 fan pal waiting in the GA line, for NJ2 a somewhat new pal from my neighborhood who is primarily a Radiohead fanatic but wants to experience a U2 show, and right now I'm flying solo for Vancouver in GA although there will be at least one person around that I know so maybe I'll hang with them.

going with my u2 friends here and else where to the US shows, also hubby and kid are going to the DC show with me. Hubby and me to the dublin shows meeting up with other interferencers there too.

TO1, GA with my wife and 2 friends TBD
TO2, Section 119 with my wife, a friend, my brother in-law and his gf

my wife is willing to wait in line, but we've never done the whole day in line stint before...not sure what to do there :hmm:

DC and Charlottesville with my dad. LA and Vegas alone.

I prefer to go by myself, actually.

Back
Top Bottom