Where is best place to see U2 in North America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far it's been Washington DC for me...but that might be pure luck. I saw them during Elevation and Vertigo in DC and both shows were emotional and magical.

I was so hyped up to see them at MSG in NYC and both shows I saw I kind of went away like "meh, no big deal". i mean, i've never been to a bad u2 show, but it wasnt as good as DC.

Saw them in Philly and Chicago too - Chicago was great. I was at the show where the Vertigo DVD was filmed.

Miami is usually good (was great for Vertigo 2). There usually are a lot of fans who travel from Brazil and other South American countries to Miami to see them and they're always up for a good time and the band really responds to that. Guess we'll have to wait until Leg 3 for Miami though.

Pasadena is pretty good from what I have heard but I know nothing of Toronto. It depends on what you like I guess, Do you like a dessert look? Go to Phoenix, Like the beach, which theres a given for many of those, like the East NYC, Boston, DC, stuff along those lines. It all Depends on what you like as well :)

What are Toronto and Pasadena like as venues?

Skydome (now Rogers Centre) is a big concrete behemoth, cool when it first opened, but kind of fell out of favour quickly. Pros - it's one of the smallest stadiums on the tour, and given the shape of it, you'll be a lot closer to the stage than you will be in many stadiums. I've never seen a concert there before (I've gone to tons of baseball games, though), but I hear that the acoustics aren't great with the roof closed. However, from what I've heard of the quality of U2's sound system this time, that might rectify the poor sound quality problem.

Apologies, I meant Vancouver, not Toronto. If I go it will probably be at the end of October. I meant to ask Vancouver or Pasadena. At complete different ends of the continent, who thinks up these tour schedules anyway??:lol:

Vancouver is a great city, although the Pacific Northwest can be very gray and potentially rainy that time of year. (Thankfully, the Vancouver stadium has a roof.)

But pipe up if you make it over - I'll be at that show as well. Despite the many things I disagree with you on, would love to meet you. :)

Gray skys and rain wouldn't bother me, will definitely let you know if I do end up going.:up:

Apologies, I meant Vancouver, not Toronto. If I go it will probably be at the end of October. I meant to ask Vancouver or Pasadena. At complete different ends of the continent, who thinks up these tour schedules anyway??:lol:

So we won't be getting Financeguy in Toronto? Alas. It'd be nice to put a face to the name that I argue with on a fairly regular basis. :lol:

I can't say for sure since I've not been any but if I were going I'd be thinking of the following places:

Toronto, Chicago, Boston, New York

I can't say for sure since I've not been any but if I were going I'd be thinking of the following places:

Toronto, Chicago, Boston, New York

Yeah, I forgot Boston.

From what I've heard (I've never been, myself - hopefully that'll be rectified next year), Montreal is supposed to be amazing, too.

I mean, where else can you see a bride in full wedding garb running across the street carrying a giant alcoholic drink in a glass shaped like the Eiffel Tower?

Not in Toronto, I can tell you that!

U2 doesn't love the west coast :sad:

And ramblin rose has been to a few shows. She should know :) Plus she called me from Boston, and I can attest to the :love: via her phone/blackberry :memories:

October 23rd. Vegas, scarily, might fit my schedule. This could get messy. Hopefully, it will.

:up: I'm going to that show, too!

Have you been to the States before, financeguy? If not, just be sure to prepare yourself for quite an interesting sea of humanity and ridiculous sensory overload that is Las Vegas, and try not to judge the whole country and the brain-numbing things you see there. :wink:

:up: I'm going to that show, too!

Have you been to the States before, financeguy? If not, just be sure to prepare yourself for quite an interesting sea of humanity and ridiculous sensory overload that is Las Vegas, and try not to judge the whole country and the brain-numbing things you see there. :wink:

Ok, I was thinking the Breeders Cup was on Oct 25th (which is in Santa Anita, California this year) but they seem to have moved it to Nov 7th, which is inconvenient for Vegas.

Although a completely decadent two and a half week tour also sounds appealing.

Yes I have been to the US before - 'just' Chicago and NY.

Back
Top Bottom