Whats The Biggest US Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How much does it cost to park at whatever stadium everyone here has gone to/is going to (for a concert)? In an actual stadium lot. I'm just curious because there are so many complaints about $40 for Gillette.

preferred parking for the rose bowl is $68

:huh::angry::down::shifty::madspit::censored::tsk::grumpy::yuck::yell::shame::fist:

-dan

Does anyone know the parking situation at FedEx field in DC? I've heard the lot isn't as large as needed and that fans often park in neighboring garages for football games. I also thought I remembered parking fees being included in the price of my U2 ticket. Anyone have some insight on this?

Stadium lots are huge - there are also a couple of satellite lots, but a long walk away

Many people will be taking Metro - parking fees were already paid with your ticket, so parking should be *relatively* easy

Stadium lots are huge - there are also a couple of satellite lots, but a long walk away

Many people will be taking Metro - parking fees were already paid with your ticket, so parking should be *relatively* easy

Thanks Beershack. I'm hoping to enjoy a little time tailgating before the show.

How much does it cost to park at whatever stadium everyone here has gone to/is going to (for a concert)? In an actual stadium lot. I'm just curious because there are so many complaints about $40 for Gillette.

well im expecting to pay $40-70 at Jerryworld, depending on where i park, so your $40 might not be that bad. Then again at Norman i will probably pay half that, if any at all. I know Norman like the back of my hand so im sure i can work something out there for free.

Actually that is not true. FEXEX FIELD is larger than the Rose Bowl by 568 seats.

Here are the 20 largest stadiums in the United States with maximum seating capacity listed for a sporting event. U2 360 adds capacity to this with the GA section on the field. Many of the largest stadiums in the United States are located in rural college towns and not ideal locations for Rock Stadium shows since they are not near a major city or Metro area. U2 360 is visting 3 of the 20 largest stadiums in the United States:

1. Beaver Stadium, State College Pennsylvania - 107,282
2. Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor Michigan - 106,201
3. Ohio Stadium, Columbus Ohio - 102,329
4. Darrel K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin Texas - 100,119
5. Neyland Stadium, Knoxville Tennessee - 100,011
6. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles California - 93,607
7. Sanford Stadium, Athens Georgia - 92,746
8. Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge Louisiana - 92,400
9. Cotton Bowl, Dallas Texas - 92,200
10. Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa Alabama - 92,138
11. FEDEX FIELD, Landover Maryland - 91,704
12. Rose Bowl, Pasadena California - 91,136
13. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville Florida - 88,548
14. Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn Alabama - 87,451
15. Kyle Field, College Station Texas - 82,600
16. Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee FL - 82,300
17. Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Norman OK - 82,112
18. Memorial Stadium, Lincoln Nebraska - 81,067
19. Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame Indiana - 80,795
20. Camp Randall Stadium, Madison Wisconsin - 80,321

List of stadiums by capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually Michigan stadium has the largest attendance of all football stadiums and is usually around 109,000 to 110,000 for a football game (this is when you count every person that is in attendance IE press, bands, etc..). It is temporarily down to $106,000 "official" capacity during the renovation that is going on right now. I think the Rose Bowl can hold over 100,000 for a football game but its official capacity is obviously lower.

After next year Michigan Stadium will be the largest again, most likely permenantly.

Michigan Stadium Capacity to Max Out at 110,000+, Later Drop to 108,000+ | Michigan Sports Center

GO BLUE!!! :)

Current capacity of Maracana in Rio is 88,992 for a sporting event, but with the field, they may be able to add another 15,000. There are some seats in the stadium that are blocked off by the stage and mixing desk so the capacity would be lower than 104,000. Probably the maximum possible would be about 100,000.

U2 are probably going to play the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City which has a capacity of 105,000 for sporting events, and could probably fit about 115,000 people for a 360 concert.

The MCG in Melbourne Australia could probably fit about 110,000 since it has a seating capacity for sports events of 100,012.

List of stadiums by capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mexico City in 2010?
September 21, 2009
While in Toronto, U2 manager Paul McGuinness reportedly told fans that U2 will play two shows at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City in May, 2010. He also said these will be the only shows in Mexico, according to emails we've received. (Thx Max.)
source U2tours.com it gonna be sould out for sure!

It cost us $45/day to park in Chicago, and we could not leave and come back. The lot opened at 5am though so that was nice for GA-ers. The lots under Grant Park were cheaper ($19/day?), but that's a walk if you're having to drop off all your GA gear eventually.

The main complaint about Chicago was how long it took to get out, but honestly I've waited longer to leave 4th of July fireworks downtown in my hometown which is considerably smaller. We did notice driving back to our hotel that mobs of people had walked and gotten back much sooner (but again, we needed the van for GA stuff, plus we parked otherwise free all weekend since we stayed with someone downtown who owns two parking spots).

How early are you getting to the Rose Bowl to line up?

Honestly I haven't decided yet. I don't want to stand in line all day and I'm encouraged to NOT stand in line all day by the many reports thus far that it isn't necessary.

However, this is the only show in California so it could get busier earlier.

Does anyone know if the Rose Bowl capacity is so much higher than the other stadiums (other than Fed Ex) due to the # of seats, or due to a larger GA floor?

got an e mail few days ago warning people going to the Rose Bowl show about how congested the surrounding area is going to be...that there are going to be 96,000 people+ there, the largest concert attendance int he history of the bowl etc. etc....BRING IT ON! :rockon:

Honestly I haven't decided yet. I don't want to stand in line all day and I'm encouraged to NOT stand in line all day by the many reports thus far that it isn't necessary.

However, this is the only show in California so it could get busier earlier.

Does anyone know if the Rose Bowl capacity is so much higher than the other stadiums (other than Fed Ex) due to the # of seats, or due to a larger GA floor?

The listed seating capacities are based on seats only. Its still unknown how many people will be allowed on the field at each venue. In addition, there are some seats in the stadium behind the stage that can't be used as well as the entire lower level section behind the mixing desk which can't be used. So there are some seats that need to be subtracted from the regular seating capacity and then the number of people allowed on the field, still not known, would be added to that total to arrive at the capacity for each show.

With the Rose Bowl show being the only show in California, it is soldout at attendance of 96,000+.

I am not sure how many they will allow into FEDEX FIELD for the show, but that show is not soldout although it is getting closer.

Back
Top Bottom