What to expect from the last European show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thornton

The Fly
I have seen U2 many times but never at the last show of a leg of the tour. Do they do anything special?

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. The shows at the end of an entire tour are usually a safe bet to get something interesting; the shows just at the end of a leg can be a bit hit and miss.

As far as Europe goes, on Vertigo the last European show had one of only three performances of 40 on that leg, and no Vertigo x2 (thank god).

I'll be at this show but I'm not expecting any surprises, though it would be nice.

"Here's a song we haven't played in a while... if we get it wrong - well, tough *laughs*. This is Even Better Than The Real Thing"

I wouldn't be surprised if Rill Thang makes its debut in Europe, but it seems a little too late. As far as the Cardiff show, I'm expecting SHF, Stuck, and maybe Desire again.

If they played Bad I would be :drool::drool: Not holding out much hope though :(
Knowing its U2, when i'm there I wont care what they play - its just that certain songs will leave me in higher states of bliss than others :love:

They should have a shout-out to JK Rowling in Glasgow, even though she lives in Edinburgh.

radio broadcast sheffield

hoping that if the show is being broadcast live, the band will be stepping up to the plate and giving the tightest performance possible.

with that in mind, i don't see them varying the set too much for sheffield and therefore no new songs!

i think it would be special if Bono lost 40 pounds and acts like he has some energy for once. Also, it would be nice if they played for 3 hours and it was a completely new setlist from anything they have played thus far. Also, if its not too much to ask, maybe the band will dress up as transvestite aliens and blow up the stage/stadium/crowd after the 4th encore. Now that would be special :sexywink:

Since all of these shows are "single" shows I don't expect any revolutionary changes to the setlist. I found it strange if they premiered new songs now for one of their last European shows. But, of course, it's not impossible. Overall I think with this tour U2 should play two dates everywhere, because it seems like a huge effort setting up the stage for only one show, and the band is always best if they play two shows in a row at the same place.

However, I'm sure, regardless of what they will be playing, these will be very good shows and people will enjoy them. To everyone who's going, have a great night!

At least it means we should get some decent bootleg audio from Sheffield.

looking at tonight's glasgow setlist, it would imagine sheffield will get a london 2-esque setlist due to the broadcast, and cardiff will have one very similar to glasgow/london 1.

Since Sheffield is being broadcast, I imagine U2 will stick to the script for that show. Cardiff being the last show of the tour, as well as the 5th show in the UK, might have a slight, SLIGHT shake up.

Back
Top Bottom