What exactly is GA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dward1

The Fly
I see all kinds of posts about GA tickets (I know it stands for general admission). I am thinking about getting tickets for the first time in this upcoming tour and want of course as all people do want the best tickets I can get for a reasonable price. Can someone run down where exactly a GA ticket will be during the concert and what the cost will be? Thanks a lot and I'm sorry if this info is available somewhere I couldn't find it.

Standing room on the field of the stadium for this tour.
Likely a lottery system to have a shot at getting in the closest area to the stage.

I see all kinds of posts about GA tickets (I know it stands for general admission). I am thinking about getting tickets for the first time in this upcoming tour and want of course as all people do want the best tickets I can get for a reasonable price. Can someone run down where exactly a GA ticket will be during the concert and what the cost will be? Thanks a lot and I'm sorry if this info is available somewhere I couldn't find it.

prices for GA +- around 50-60 euros...

Standing room on the field of the stadium for this tour.
Likely a lottery system to have a shot at getting in the closest area to the stage.

yeah wonder how its gonna feel like if me or my wife gets the winning ticket for the "inner circle" ... whos gonna go? will we split for the evening?

tricky call. but think we would handle it... :)

yeah wonder how its gonna feel like if me or my wife gets the winning ticket for the "inner circle" ... whos gonna go? will we split for the evening?

tricky call. but think we would handle it... :)

They will allow at least one other person to go with whoever's ticket gets scanned into the circle. That's what they did for the Vertigo tour, so I have a hard time believing they would change that procedure.

how many people win the lottery seats and if you don't win how close are you? Is it just whoever gets there first for the remaining seats?

first come first serve. if you want to be close be prepared to stand in line all day.

it's soo worth it though

GA on the Vertigo Tour Europe was first-come first-served. Is that changing in Europe this time around?

GA on the Vertigo Tour Europe was first-come first-served. Is that changing in Europe this time around?

Yeah, that was New Zealand, too. Was it like 1,000-1,200 people in the ellipse (or bomb shelter)?

It's hard to tell how big or what the hell is going on with the 360 set up as far as the number of GAs goes.

Mark

$250 supposedly gets you the best reserved seats in the stadium.

That's what they're telling us, anyway. :)

Take a baby or a Kid with you and you will get in. Lottery my arse. Bring back the first come first served. :wave:

I saw some burd with a feckin baby crawling around the Elipse in LA.

I just received an email from U2.com regarding the purchase of a website membership in order to get a presale opportunity. Do you guys think it would be necessary at this point to sign up if one would want a shot at GA tickets? I kind of figured that by this time even if you signed up you wouldnt get a shot at presale but now that you can I have a feeling those ticket agencys will be signing up and grabbing all the GA tickets (I see they sell for the most money on at least 1 site $200 more than any other ticket actually and as high as $600+) Do you think that once the tickets go on sale to the public there will still be enough (any) left? I would be looking at the Boston show and possibly another one close.

Do you guys think it would be necessary at this point to sign up if one would want a shot at GA tickets?

From the experience so far, you will get GA tickets if you sign up for U2.com, even if you get in the "Boots" group. I wouldn't take the chance, scalpers go way higher than just 50 dollars extra!

I can't decide if I want to go for the GA tickets this time. I had GA tickets for one of the Boston shows last tour and was lucky enough to get scanned in. I was in shock!:hyper: I don't know if I should go with GA this time or the $250 seats. Anyone know which sections of Gillette Stadium will be the $250, $90 etc. seats?

I highly doubt all GA tickets will be sold out to pre-sale - I managed to get them "fairly easily" in 2005.

I really had no trouble getting GA last time around...I got GA to Chicago, Philly, NYC and Cleveland. I used my presale code for the first leg Chicago show and the rest was general sale. My nerves didn't fare so well though despite my luck.... :crazy:

I have never done GA for U2. I am hoping to do it this time around.

I have never done anything else than GA for any concert in my life :) (Oh well, I remember a Rolling Stones concert when I was a kid where I was sitting...) Anyway my strategy is to arrive about 2-3 hours before the concert, so I can get a good spot (not in first few rows, but close enough to see things happening on the stage). For a U2 concert I would arrive much earlier though :)

At the Vertigo tour in Vienna (my first and only U2 concert until now) I was really close to the stage because I arrived there before the gate opening and I could rush in with the crowd. But I remember being squeezed before the gates were opened (although I didn't stand in front at all...) It was quite a scary experience :doh: But the concert was good :D

Back
Top Bottom