What day/time in the US is the Barcelona show? Where in forum for setlist party?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to do setlist parties in the general tour forum as we did last time, or put them in the setlist forum where they may perhaps be more appropriately located?

what time australian eastern standard time does it start?

It's going to be a bit brutal for us. I was under the impression U2 would take the stage for most European gigs around 9pm. For continental Europe, 9pm = 5am Australian eastern! It's only mildly better for the UK and Ireland, where 9pm = 6am Aussie eastern. :crack:

Thank god I'll actually be IN Europe for most of the tour. But I'll be getting up really fucking early to follow the Barcelona, Churzow, Zagreb, London, Glasgow, and Cardiff gigs from here in Melbourne ...

6 30 or 6am suits me brilliantly...

It means I get up 30 mins before I usually would for work, so I can watch for 30 mins, get read, and then finish the party from my desk!

The LoveTown and the ZooTVTourist would like to meet you in Barcelona on the 29th at the stadium Axver!!!!:wave::hug:

I will be on the 29th at the Stadium round about at 12o´clock, the ZooTVTourist will folow a bit later, maybe we can join together the dressrehearsel :love::hyper::love:

If the general thread is where we did setlist parties in the past, why not keep them here for this tour?

Do we have people co-ordinating the posting of songs to the setlist party directly from the show or how does that work anyway?

If I recall, we somehow managed to stream some of the early shows live last time. Will that be the case this time?

I imagine the setlist party for opening night will be huge for the site, so let's figure this thing out!

I will hardly be online between now and then but am making plans to share the show with my Interference friends as I did with the first night of Vertigo tour in 2005.

Are we going to do setlist parties in the general tour forum as we did last time, or put them in the setlist forum where they may perhaps be more appropriately located?

I agree.. the setlist parties should be in the setlist forum and that's where I think I would like them to be this time.

A new thread is usually started for each date/party.

over on U2start's twitter account they are going to be twittering the setlist live along with photo's and (if what i've heard is true about wi-fi in the Cam Nou) live streaming video aswell for a few songs.

There are so many more resources these days.. I think we'll have information so much faster. :up:

over on U2start's twitter account they are going to be twittering the setlist live along with photo's and (if what i've heard is true about wi-fi in the Cam Nou) live streaming video aswell for a few songs.

That will be amazing, unless they sabotage it by saying they performed Acrobat when they perform Pride.

You just beat me to it Diane!!! :wink:

timtam.jpg

Any predictions on how many threads we'll go thru for opening night? :giggle:

Are setlist parties generally active and fun even on "normal" nights when the setlist is generally predictable?

The LoveTown and the ZooTVTourist would like to meet you in Barcelona on the 29th at the stadium Axver!!!!:wave::hug:

I will be on the 29th at the Stadium round about at 12o´clock, the ZooTVTourist will folow a bit later, maybe we can join together the dressrehearsel :love::hyper::love:

I would love to join in, but I'll still be in Australia then. :(

My first shows are the Paris ones. Can't fucking wait. I'll also be at Amsterdam and Dublin. What about either of you?

I agree.. the setlist parties should be in the setlist forum and that's where I think I would like them to be this time.

A new thread is usually started for each date/party.

Sounds good to me.

I'd really love to make the first thread for opening night in Barcelona ... I'm thinking of starting a kind of "pre-party" quite early; I imagine the band will soundcheck that day and we'll have reports of that to discuss anyway.

Yeah, definitely. I'll probably tweet the setlist of the shows I'm going to, I know u2setlists.com will be doing so for several (most? ;) ) shows too.

Yeah, we're going to try for some pretty comprehensive coverage on U2setlists/U2gigs. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Axver will bring the Tim Tams. :wink:

Awww yeah.

Speaking of which ... I totally didn't just eat a couple for breakfast. :shifty:

Are setlist parties generally active and fun even on "normal" nights when the setlist is generally predictable?

Yeah, they can still be rather fun, though ... not necessarily due to the focus on sets. The European leg of Vertigo had some great jokes during the predictable static shows. Then during the parties on the second US leg, timothius and I had a hilarious Wellington vs Auckland battle that was my fondest Interference memory for a long time.

Yeah, they can still be rather fun, though ... not necessarily due to the focus on sets. The European leg of Vertigo had some great jokes during the predictable static shows. Then during the parties on the second US leg, timothius and I had a hilarious Wellington vs Auckland battle that was my fondest Interference memory for a long time.

Sounds... umm... exactly how I would expect it to be on Interference. :D

Axver/Timothius - ah...memories :love:
That was hilarious. Do you ever hear from him anymore? If so, say hello for me!

Can't believe how many shows you are going to Axver! Can't wait to get these parties started!!! I may have to call in sick on June 30th, LOL (I'm my own boss, hehehee).

Digitize - the setllist parties were great & lots of fun, most times. Always some bitching of course... And they can move VERY fast!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom