VIP Packages + (RED) Zone Auctions - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Zone auction will be separate - look for it around the general sale time. I will probably end up doing it for one or two shows.

Thanks for covering this and keeping on top of Europe's prices for us here.

I may look to do this for a show. I NEVER would have assumed this was at all affordable.

Mark---I would think that these could be at least as good as most $250 seats.

Just spoke to someone at Ticketmaster Canada and LiveNation has not provided them with a venue map outlining where the various priced tickets are located. No one could confirm for me what a $252 ticket will get me versus a $32 ticket. No one at Ticketmaster can confirm the what the other ticket prices are and where they are located either.

This guy even went so far as to imply that $252 might not even get you an asigned seat - but simply a closer spot in a GA area. He did a lot of checking for me - and Ticketmaster have NOTHING in advance of tomorrow. The best advice he could give me was to make sure my account info was good - and be ready for the pre-sale.

I doubt this guy was trying to get rid of me cause he spent almost 20 minutes looking things up. If he wanted me gone - he could have told me they didn't have a clue right from the start and hung up on me.

This seems really poorly planned. How does anyone know for sure what the ticket prices will be and where you get to sit before you buy them?

What's the deal in Europe? Does anyone know where the equivelant $252 ticket puts you? Is it likely to be different in North America?

^ Unfortunately your don't. It doesn't surprise me at all that tickemaster has no information....thanks for checking and posting what you found. Your lucky you actually got to speak to a human!!!

What about Europe? For those who bought top tier tickets, where does that put you in relation to the stage? As best as you can tell - of course. Also - is that an asigned seat or is it just a more expensive GA ticket where you'll have to line up the night before?

What's the deal in Europe? Does anyone know where the equivelant $252 ticket puts you? Is it likely to be different in North America?

$252 is equal to 185 euro. The highest price in Europe I have seen so far is about 150 euro ($204), which gives you category 1 seating (no GA) - on the lower left and right side near the stage in most of the (soccer)stadiums.

bottom line - take care of your health. I actually think all the GA concerts I did on the Vertigo tour helped to cause my issue. my surgeon asked if I played basketball (and being 6'4" I did) since he often sees my issue in those who are doing a lot of repetitive jumping off their toes. hello, bounce much in the heart/ellipse?????? now I get it.
:doh:

I wonder if it would be worth investing in 6-inch heeled platform shoes for those of us who are under 6 feet tall??? :)

You know, on the last tour, I bought a good seat for one show, and I was sitting next to people who'd bought VIP tickets (who were completely trashed and annoying, though that's another story entirely). This was maybe about five rows up in one of the sections that was even with the tip of the ellipse (a ticket broker who was bugging me while I was walking from my hotel to the arena left me alone after he found out where my seat was, because he said he couldn't find me a better one). I'm wondering if VIP tickets will be in the first few rows of of the best of the $250 sections.

I think the (RED) auction will be something completely different, off to the sides of GA, as indicated on the seating chart somebody posted for Foxboro.

What about Europe? For those who bought top tier tickets, where does that put you in relation to the stage? As best as you can tell - of course. Also - is that an asigned seat or is it just a more expensive GA ticket where you'll have to line up the night before?
For Paris at Stade de France, the top price tickets were for the Red Zone 275 Euros. I didn't buy those because I didn't have the map handy to see what the Red Zone was. Instead, I bought the top price "normal seat" which is side stage in the seated section.
Having been to Stade de France last year, the view is excellent. This section is mere yards away from the Red Zone on the pitch.
I understand the Red Zone tickets are being AUCTIONED in cities like London??????????
I wonder why Paris simply had them for sale - one click and you're in. :hmm:

Has anyone gotten the VIP tickets on past tours? I'm wondering if the experience is worth it for that price. For that much money, I'd want the boys tending the open bar themselves :wink:

And yet, the thought of snagging one hasn't been completely ruled out :crack:

The people I was sitting next to had black leather-bound journals with U2 etched in one corner. They didn't seem like anything special. If you're planning on eating and drinking until you burst and really don't want to deal with parking I guess it might be worth it, but it seems ridiculously overpriced to me.

Thanks for the info. I hardly drink, and I can't imagine a buffet would be all that great. But I'm a nervous 'Boots' member, and I'm very nervous about what I'll end up with.

Does anyone know if the VIP tix will be available for presale and for the general on-sale? My mom is interested in VIP (I'd prefer the Red Zone or GAs), but she wants seats and doesn't want to use the presale code for VIP tix if she doesn't have to. I'll use the presale for GAs and let her get VIPs during the general on-sale if she's able to. I wish the stage setup and ticket prices were more clear. This is so confusing!

Just checked the updated stadium map for Zagreb and I see that there the red zone looks as if its up against the outside perimeter of the stage on each side (rather than with a crowd between it and the stage like other venues) which is great, but tickets are 2000KN or 267 Euros or (gulp) $363. I had hoped Zagreb might be a bit cheaper than the likes of London or Paris but no, the GAs seem to be the most expensive so far at $91 each! before any booking charge. Maybe cos the stadium does not hold so many as other venues and they are working on a gross per stadium basis?

Anyways I've booked my ticket and accommodation to get there now I just need to decide which seat is best. Is it gonna be worth selling my body to buy the Red Zone tickets?

Redzone

Hi
I just won one of these for Wembley for £145. I think thats really great value as they are less than the top price seats!
Scott

Just checked the updated stadium map for Zagreb and I see that there the red zone looks as if its up against the outside perimeter of the stage on each side (rather than with a crowd between it and the stage like other venues) which is great, but tickets are 2000KN or 267 Euros or (gulp) $363. I had hoped Zagreb might be a bit cheaper than the likes of London or Paris but no, the GAs seem to be the most expensive so far at $91 each! before any booking charge. Maybe cos the stadium does not hold so many as other venues and they are working on a gross per stadium basis?

Anyways I've booked my ticket and accommodation to get there now I just need to decide which seat is best. Is it gonna be worth selling my body to buy the Red Zone tickets?

Really? The plan says 500 kn for GA, which is approx. 65 euro.

I'll try to get one of the seats behind the stage if I don't manage to get GA, but I'm afraid there won't be many available because the stadium isn't that big. What are the chances of there being a second show in Zagreb?

Just won 2 Red Zone tix for sheffield! Don Valley Stadium "seating" is terrible. The Red Zone is literally 100 yards closer than most of the £150 seats.

I'd really recommend going for the Red Zone auction for your gigs - I expect it will cost less than you think.

Got Red Zone at Sheffield for £105 ! Auction finished at the starting price - £95, but I wanted to be double sure I got tickets so put in a bid of just over the minimum bid raise (£5)

Amazing ! And no booking fees - I'd heard they were 45 euros for the Amsterdam Red Zone tickets.

VIP tickets purchased: I got 2 for Toronto, 113C row 7. Came out to $936 in US dollars. :crack:

Last edited:
I got 2 for Toronto, 113C row 7. Came out to $936 in US dollars. :crack:

Huh? How did you do that? It says the auction doesn't begin until tomorrow 12 Noon EDT!! :huh:

AUCTION STARTS IN: 1 day, 1 hr, 33 mins
Auction Start Wed, 03/25/09 12:00:00 PM EDT
Auction End Wed, 04/01/09 12:00:00 PM EDT To place a bid and/or view the auction status, please return when the auction begins on Wed, 03/25/09 12:00:00 PM EDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom