VIP Packages + (RED) Zone Auctions - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so the winning bid for Ams 1 was 155 euro (for the one side at least). So can someone explain how exactly the auction aspect of the RED zones work? There is one bidder setting the price, but aren't there many tickets (100?) being sold in each RED zone?

So is the price of each RED zone ticket then 155 euro for Ams 1? Or if my max bid was only 120 euro during the auction, but there were still tickets left after the higher bidders' orders were filled, then I would get my tickets at 120 euro? I guess in that case I'd better be in the top 25 bidders (assuming they all bought 4 tickets each).

OK, so the winning bid for Ams 1 was 155 euro (for the one side at least). So can someone explain how exactly the auction aspect of the RED zones work? There is one bidder setting the price, but aren't there many tickets (100?) being sold in each RED zone?

The lowest winning bid was 155 euro - anything less would not receive tickets. If someone bid 1000 euro, that person pays 1000. If someone else bid 155 euro, that person pays 155.

And it looks like each venue has a variation on the Red Zone/VIP thing. For Dublin, people can bid on the Red Zone seat including backstage tour or the Red Zone seating alone. The one with the backstage tour is 255-275 euro, and the seat alone is only 95 euro currently.

All this talk of bidding, auctions, tierd pricing etc leads me to wonder whether U2 might consider issuing shares/stocks and going public on a stock exchange? Now that would be something!!!!!! :D

Seriously though, has anyone read anything about how they've been affected by the global credit crunch and falling stocks?? They must be feeling it on their balance sheets.... Aren't they involved in numbers projects/invesments around the world?... Do they hedge tour revenues against exchange rate fluctuations? I'm guessing that a 50.000 seater stadium show would bring in around 3,5 million EUR gross just in ticket sales. So they would loose/gain serious money on daily exchange rate fluctuations.... Just out of interest, anyone know how much it costs to hire, say, Wembley for the night....??

Not a very rawck-n-rawll post this, sorry :wink:

For Dublin, people can bid on the Red Zone seat including backstage tour or the Red Zone seating alone. The one with the backstage tour is 255-275 euro, and the seat alone is only 95 euro currently.[/QUOTE]

where do you see the bidding for Dublin?

ALL the UK/Ireland shows are currently only £95 minimum for the basic (RED) zone package.

They do have nearly a week to run though.

I'll be keeping an eye on them.

got it thanks- i tried to put in a bid (a low one for the hell of it), and it wont allow me to change my country from ireland to usa- i guess this auction is only for irish residents
i take it u2 and ticketmaster dont want to fleece the yanks on this show

I don't know. This is sounding kind of good to me. I may not be able to stand for GA on this tour because of a disc problem, yet I still want to be close. This would be a way to do it...:hmm:

Any word if there is a (RED) auction for Paris? Not seeing on Livenation or Ticketnet.

Chorzow has a Red Zone, too, but no auction... you just have to pay 1125 Zlotys and the ticket is yours:

U2 - (RED) ZONE PACKAGES

1125 Zlotys equals about USD$327

The Polish red zone should be great, full of government officials, oligarchs, mafiosi and their 19 year-old girlfriends.

Fuck it, if the zloty crashes 50% against the dollar over the next four months, I'm buying one of those tickets, I'm jealous :hyper:

If the auctions aren't too high I wouldn't mind doing this. I wish the amount given was more transparent, but it seems like a good option to do instead of spending my whole day waiting for GA and at least something goes to Red.

I think Red Zone tix sound like a pretty good deal if you can get them for around the price of the most expensive seats.

The comments alluding to the elitism of this are somewhat misguided. Getting a good spot in "regular" GA costs a lot more than the face value of the ticket, too. If a fan has an hourly job that pays, for the sake of argument, $10/hour and they line up for 10 hours to get a good GA spot, then they're paying a premium of $100 on top of the face value of the ticket. The same is true of a salaried person who is taking a vaction day - that vacation day has a cash value of a day's pay.

Being that close to the stage has a market value - you pay in money or in time. I think U2 has been very thoughtful in terms of giving more than an average number of options for seeing the show up close (lower priced if you've got the time, high priced if you've got the money).

Being that close to the stage has a market value - you pay in money or in time. I think U2 has been very thoughtful in terms of giving more than an average number of options for seeing the show up close (lower priced if you've got the time, high priced if you've got the money).

That's especially true for weekday shows, which many of the US ones seem to be so far. And a $50 u2.com membership is also not needed.

ok, so let me get this straight if you win the RED zone tickets you don't have to queue up all day they just let you in at alloted time?

thanks..:D

There's a special Red Zone entrance/gate with a predetermined door time. So, no, you don't have to queue up all day to get a very good spot. Of course, if being on the rail is important to you, you may still have to queue up, but you can waltz in at door opening time or maybe even a little later and still get a very good spot in the red zone without having to wait. If I had to guess, you could probably show up 1 to 3 hours before door time and get a great spot in the red zone vs. waiting all day for a great spot with regular GA.

the back stage Wembley is £505 at the moment for a single ticket- the bog standard is £95- they will go much higher than that though

frankly I'd rather pay £50 for a ticket than £100

the back stage Wembley is £505 at the moment for a single ticket- the bog standard is £95- they will go much higher than that though

frankly I'd rather pay £50 for a ticket than £100

Frankly I'd rather pay the £100.

You're not just paying for the ticket. You're paying to not have to queue for hours to MAYBE get to the front where you will have to stay stood up, in a crush of people until U2 appear.

Even queueing for hours doesn't guarantee you spot near the front, or a wristband (if they even operate a wristband system for this tour). Those of us who endured the debacle of Manchester 1 on the Vertigo tour will attest that getting there early can be a horrible experience sometimes.

I'd gladly pay £100 to avoid it.

I don't know. This is sounding kind of good to me. I may not be able to stand for GA on this tour because of a disc problem, yet I still want to be close. This would be a way to do it...:hmm:

I did GA in Hawaii 6 weeks after disc surgery, which I mention not to brag, but to illustrate how dumb some people are!

bottom line - take care of your health. I actually think all the GA concerts I did on the Vertigo tour helped to cause my issue. my surgeon asked if I played basketball (and being 6'4" I did) since he often sees my issue in those who are doing a lot of repetitive jumping off their toes. hello, bounce much in the heart/ellipse?????? now I get it.
:doh:

Red Zone question for croke park

I am thinking of bidding on a red zone ticket for croke park and have 2 questions if anyone can help me please

If I bid 400 and the final price is 300, do I pay 400 or 300

Also how many red zone tickets are therre per gig please

I heard it might be 150, so does that mean 75 each area, or is it more than 150?

Any help please

And looking at the croke park diagram there are some better positions for the general standing tickets, although I queued for 13 hours for vertigo and I got about 5 feet away from the stage I would love to save those 13 hours

Do you think the inner elipse normal standing tickets are better than the red zone tickets which go along the stage rather than inside it, plus you get seats in the red xone while you are waiting for u2 to come on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom