Vertigo Tour v 360 Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's compare Cardiff to Saitama 3:

Cardiff:

1. Breathe - new song
2. No Line On The Horizon - new song
3. Get On Your Boots - new song
4. Magnificent - new song
5. Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau (snippet) / Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet) - greatest hit
6. Mysterious Ways - greatest hit
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet) - greatest hit
8. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) - fan-favorite
9. Unknown Caller - new song
10. The Unforgettable Fire - fan-favorite
11. City Of Blinding Lights - somewhere between greatest hit and fan-favorite
12. Vertigo - greatest hit
13. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Two Tribes (snippet) - new song
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Oliver's Army (snippet) - greatest hit
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love) - greatest hit
16. MLK - one-verse poem that acts as an introduction
17. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet) - greatest hit
18. Where The Streets Have No Name - greatest hit
19. One - greatest hit
20. Bad / 40 (snippet) - fan-favorite (albeit a well-known one)

encore(s):
21. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) - generally unknown but really amazing fan-favorite
22. With Or Without You - greatest hit
23. Moment of Surrender - new song

7 new songs
4 fan-favorites
1 somewhere between fan-favorite and greatest hit
10 greatest hits.
1 single-verse poem that acts as an introduction and can't really be categorized.

Saitama 3:

1. City Of Blinding Lights - new song
2. Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet) / Sunshine Of Your Love (snippet) - new song
3. Elevation - greatest hit
4. Out Of Control / I Wanna Be Sedated (snippet) - fan-favorite
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet) - greatest hit
6. Beautiful Day / Presence Of The Lord (snippet) - greatest hit
7. Angel Of Harlem / Suspicious Minds (snippet) - greatest hit
8. The First Time - totally unknown fan-favorite (I guess)
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna A Surriento (snippet) - new song
10. Bad / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) - well-known fan-favorite
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday - greatest hit
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet) - greatest hit
13. Miss Sarajevo - fan-favorite
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love) - greatest hit
15. Where The Streets Have No Name - greatest hit
16. One - greatest hit

encore(s):
17. The Fly - somewhere between fan-favorite and greatest hit
18. Mysterious Ways - greatest hit
19. With Or Without You - greatest hit
20. The Saints Are Coming - utterly pointless cover
21. Window In The Skies - new song
22. Vertigo / Pump It Up (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet) - repeat of a new song

4 new songs
1 utterly pointless cover
3 fan-favorites
1 somewhere between fan-favorite and greatest hit
11 greaetst hits

This set does have fewer greatest hits than Vertigo Leg 5 (only by one on these sets, although it varied/varies by night), certainly more fan favorites, and almost twice as many new songs. And it doesn't have Saints or Bullet, for which I am eternally grateful. I would call this much less of a greatest-hits show than Vertigo Leg 5, although I'd also say that Vertigo Leg 5 is less of a greatest-hits show than is often perceived (most of the dropped Bomb songs sucked anyway, and were replaced by fan-favorites, not greatest hits).

Take this as you wish.

I don't think you can compare them after one leg. I still think that they can tweak the 360 stelist a bit to make the show a bit better balanced. Don't forget that they brought back UF, UV and introduced ES (not much). They will also introduce YBR. I'll take those songs over Gloria, The First Time, OTC and ACD/ITH but that's me. :wink:

Why do you compare a Leg1 Show against a Leg6 show from Vertigo???? Why taking a single night show against a 3rd night show??????

As anyone can see even your setup is bullshit and the rest as well so we have to do it again ......

And we take Cardiff as u wished against.....New York both first leg....both single nights.

New York 21.05.2005

1.City Of Blinding Lights NEW SONG
2.Vertigo / Rockaway Beach (snippet) NEW SONG
3.Elevation GREATEST HIT
4.The Cry OBSCURE SONG
5.The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet) OBSCURE SONG
6.An Cat Dubh OBSCURE SONG
7.Into The Heart OBSCURE SONG
8.Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet) GREATEST HIT
9.Miracle Drug NEW SONG
10.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own NEW SONG
11.Love And Peace Or Else NEW SONG
12.Sunday Bloody Sunday GREATEST HIT
13.Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet) OBSCURE SONG
14.Running To Stand Still OBSCURE SONG
15.Pride (In The Name Of Love) GREATEST HIT
16.Where The Streets Have No Name GREATEST HIT
17.One GREATEST HIT

encore(s):

18.Zoo Station OBSCURE SONG
19.The Fly / The Jean Genie (snippet) GREATEST HIT
20.Mysterious Ways GREATEST HIT
21.Original Of The Species NEW SONG
22.All Because Of You NEW SONG
23.Yahweh NEW SONG
24.Vertigo NEW SONG

9 NEW SONGS
8 GREATEST HITS
7 OBSCURE NONE SINGLE TRACKS

Cardiff:

1. Breathe - new song
5. Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau (snippet) / Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet) - greatest hit
6. Mysterious Ways - greatest hit
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet) - greatest hit
8. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) - Single Track
9. Unknown Caller - new song
10. The Unforgettable Fire - Single Track
11. City Of Blinding Lights - somewhere between greatest hit and fan-favorite
12. Vertigo - greatest hit
13. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Two Tribes (snippet) - new song
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Oliver's Army (snippet) - greatest hit
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love) - greatest hit
16. MLK - one-verse poem that acts as an introduction NONE Single Track
17. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet) - greatest hit
18. Where The Streets Have No Name - greatest hit
19. One - greatest hit
20. Bad / 40 (snippet) - NONE SINGLE TRACK

encore(s):
21. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) - NONE SINGLE TRACK
22. With Or Without You - greatest hit
23. Moment of Surrender - new song

7 NEW SONGS
11 GREATEST HITS
2 SINGLE TRACKS
3 NONE SINGLE TRACKS

This is how it counts and not "fan favorite" thats bullshit how can you say "fan favorite" fans allways have different choices. You have to select them are they Singles or None Singles!!!!! Anything else is stupid without a sence!!!!

And as a result we have MORE New Songs on Vertigo Tour played less Greatest Hits and more NONE Single Tracks wich gives the concert more value!!!

1:0 for Vertigo Tour without a doubt!!!

And don´t forget you have choosen Cardiff because it had Bad in the setlist if you have choosen anyother single night from 360 the result would be even worser, because they hadn´t Bad!!!!!

@LoveTownTourist – exactly, if you really want to do the (funny nonsense) of a track to track showdown between Vertigo and 360, that is how it goes: A single night from Leg 1 (where you in deed can chose New Yoek City) and a single night from 360.
You will learn, that the band in '05 showed more courage to play new tracks and more 'obscure tracks' from their past – while the 'Greatest Hits' package still existed. That is a fact:
- New York '05 has 14 album singles (including the many HTDAAB singles!) versus 10 non single tunes, even 11 if you'd count "Jean Genie" as a separate tune in this 25-song-setlist.
- Cardiff '09 has 16 album singles (including the few NLOTH singles!) versus 7 non single tunes (with 'Bad' being a lucky addition that night, otherwise you are here in 6 non single tunes ...) in this 23-song-setlist.

Apart from the choice, the flow, the 'rockier' impact and the more energetic indoor performances – which I do rank a way higher in '05 than in '09 – the concert pattern in 2005 guaranteed everybody in the house not only to hear tunes, everybody knows or loves (Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, Where The Streets Have No Name, One, Beautiful Day) – but also songs, that were no singles at all, that were re-discovered, especially from the very early times.
This in '09 really can be said only for TUF and UV in comparison, with the first being a single, too. So, for me, it is nice to see the band in '09 –but the current set pattern does not concince me that much. It is too safe, too much autopilote ...

No, I feel the 360 tour isn't about visuals or special effects, the only thing that's really "big" here is the stage. Apart from that, the music is in the center. And it's not a greatest hits show at all.
Sorry, but you are completely wrong: Take the above quoted European setlist:

1. NLOTH: You have 7 new songs, 3 of them already are singles.

2. From the album before, HTDAAB, you play two tracks: Vertigo and COBL. Both of them are singles.

3. From their 'comeback':D album ATYCLB, U2 played on a regular basis five tunes. First IALW, which was a non-single but not by chance was taken out of the setlist from the 2nd half of the leg on. The other four tunes (BD, Elevation, SIAMYCGOO, WO) are all – singles!
The inbetween ATYCLB and HTDAAB tune, Electrical Storm, which unfortunately was too seldom performed by the way was a single, too.

4. From POP you again show no courage to play even one tune ...

5. From ZOOROPA you only play one tune: It is called "Stay" – and it was the album's lead single!

6. From ACHTUNG BABY you play, apart from the regular exceprion UV and the much rarer exception UTEOTW only the hit-singles: One, MW

7. From RATTLE AND HUM, the band first went to play, now you should really have guessed the 360 pattern:D:D:D, two singles: Desire and AOH – only to be thrown out of the later European setlists.

8. From TJT, we get the first three tunes – which were all singles, by the way.

9. Apart from the rare "Bad" and the snippeted "MLK", the regular choices for TUF are the title track and "Pride" – which are all, yes, singles.

10. And the last album to date to be played looking back is WAR, with SBS and NYD being the known Greatest Hits singles.

Now, please, I do NOT want a discussion, if the band "has to play Greatest Hits" or not (it is up to their own decision, in the end). All I want to show here, @unicorn, is that your statement "360 is not a Greatest Hits tour" is wrong. In 2009 U2 consciously have a heavy, heavy concentration on album singles, which in U2's eyes is a way of "Greatest Hits". They simply want to play more known staples and war horses, less 'obscure songs'. You, @unicorn, might appreciate this road, I do not.
I do wish for more courage, for more artistical vision, for more conviction, for more real passion not choreography – and the will to bury some of the staples, they only play for the masses, but not for themselves anymore. Is this 360 tour the beginning of the end? I do hope not, but one might fear ...

Setlist-Vertigo by far with the exception of UF and UV which are great additions off course. To hear Gloria, EC, OOC etc was just unreal again

Stage- 360, hands down
Band- Vertigo, they sounded tighter and rockier which the exception of the two aformentioned songs
Bono- Tie
Edge- Vertigo
Adam- 360
Larry- Tie
Style of dressing- 360
Overall atmosphere-Vertigo. Had more feel to it and it felt more emotional yet more rock 'n roll

"winner"- Vertigo.

13.Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet) OBSCURE SONG
One line snippet changes it from warhorse to "obscure song"?

24.Vertigo NEW SONG
If it's played at the beginning, I really don't think it's considered new 2 hours later.

16. MLK - one-verse poem that acts as an introduction NONE Single Track
So one line snippet counts as "obscure", but the rules change here?

Yeah, you didn't stack that in your favor at all.

One line snippet changes it from warhorse to "obscure song"?

yeah, that bothered me too, for the rest I agree with tourist but the bullet is obscurestuff is ridiculous.

Still the Vertigotour had the better set. With the acception of the disgrace of Vertigo(x2) it was fantastic and yes, better IMO than 360 which is one of the lamest tournames of all time by the way(and that is saying something)

Cardiff:

1. Breathe - new song

If it's played after 3 weeks on tour, I really don't think it's considered new. :hyper::applaud:

@ BVS

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::

While lovetowntourist obviously has the last laugh – and the only credible argumentation (facts, friends ...) – let us turn to "Bullet The Blue Sky". Indeed it is from the casual concert fan's perspective a tune, you simply do not know. It is not a single from TJT, nor has it been promoted ever as a 'Greatest Hit' by U2 themselves. So, following the argumentation it indeed is a kind of 'obscure song' from U2's past for casual fans. While, of course, more die hard fans do know, that U2 decided to play this non-single-track on every tour since TJT – with the exception of 360's 1st leg at least.
By the way, if you play "Vertigo" on the 1st leg in 2005 one time or ten times an evening – it always remains a 'new song', because it is from the (then) new album HTDAAB. You may get the point, won't you?

The thing with all these setlists from different tours and different legs is that for every opinion you can find a setlist to match your arguments, without looking at context, etc. Here's another one to be compared with the Cardiff setlist. This is Lisbon, 14 August 2005. This was the final show on the 2nd Vertigo leg. Why this show? Not because it was also a European gig, but because this was the first outdoor leg of the Vertigo Tour. Since they are different environments (size, shape, etc.) a stadium gig will often be different from an arena show. So here is a stadium show to consider:

1. Vertigo NEW SONG
2. I Will Follow GREATEST HIT
3. The Electric Co. NON-SINGLE TRACK
4. Elevation GREATEST HIT
5. New Year's Day GREATEST HIT
6. Beautiful Day - Sgt. Pepper's - Here Comes the Sun GREATEST HIT
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For GREATEST HIT
8. City of Blinding Lights NEW SONG
9. Miracle Drug NEW SONG
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own NEW SONG
11. Love and Peace or Else NEW SONG
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday GREATEST HIT
13. Bullet the Blue Sky NON-SINGLE TRACK
14. Miss Sarajevo GREATEST HIT
15. Pride GREATEST HIT
16. Where the Streets Have No Name GREATEST HIT
17. One GREATEST HIT

Encore(s):
18. Zoo Station NON SINGLE TRACK
19. The Fly GREATEST HIT
20. With or Without You GREATEST HIT
21. All Because of You NEW SONG
22. Yahweh NEW SONG
23. 40 NON SINGLE TRACK

7 NEW SONGS
12 GREATEST HITS
4 NON SINGLE TRACKS

Not much different from a 360 show, I'd guess.
:shrug:

Not even going to put up an argument, i preferd 360 cardiff to vertigo mancheter, so shoot me.

Okay, though it is absolutely not logical to compare a final night of a 2nd leg with a final night of a 1st night with far less shows on the back, I'll try to do it: On both nights you have 23 tunes, which is a fair comparison pattern:

1. Breathe vs. Vertigo: (boring) non-single against (rocking) single: 0:1
2. NLOTH vs. IWF: (boring) non-single against (rocking) single: 0:2
3. GOYB vs. TEC: (debatable) single against rocking non-single: 1:2
4. Magnificenct vs. Elevation: (good) single against rocking single: 2:3
5. BD vs. NYD: (rocking) single against (rocking) single: 3:4
6. MW vs. BD: (rocking) single against (rocking) single: 4:5
7. ISHFWILF vs. ISHFWILF: single against single: 5:6
8. Stay vs. COBL: single against single: 6:7
9. UC vs. MD: (midtempo) non-single against (midtempo) non-single: 6:7
10. TUF vs. SYCMIOYO: (ballad) single against (ballad) single: 7:8
11. COBL vs.LPOE: single against non-single: 8:8
12. Vertigo vs. SBS: single against single: 9:9
13. IGCIIDGCT vs. BTBS: single against non-single: 10:9
14. SBS vs. MS single against non U2-single (obscure!): 11:9
15. Pride vs. Pride: single against single: 12:10
16. MLK vs. WTSHNN: non-single against single: 12:11
17. WO vs. One: single against single: 13:12
18. WTSHNN vs. ZS: single against non-single: 14:12
19. One vs. TF: single against single: 15:13
20. Bad vs. WOWY: non-single against single: 15:14
21. UV vs. ABOY: non-single against single: 15:15
22. WOWY vs. Yahweh: single against non-single: 16:15
23. MOS vs. '40': non-single against non-single (outside Germany): 16:15

Now, 2009 you have 16 singles, and 7 non-single tracks. But from these 7 tunes, you have to detract Breathe, NLOTH, UC and MOS, which are all from the new album. Only 3 tracks remain from the pre-NLOTH era, that were no singles: MLK, UV and the (very rare) Bad.

In 2005 you have 15 singles, and 8 non-single tracks. But from these 8 tunes you only have to detract MD, LAPOE and Yahweh – so 5 tracks remain non-single tracks from the pre-HTDAAB era: TEC, BTBS, MS, ZS and '40'.

Even with this (rather boring) Vertido standard setlist of the 2nd leg (with the exception of the closer), you see that Vertigo '05 is still in advance, regarding the mixture of single tracks and non-single tracks (='obscure') – with the far superior and more balanced setlist in general, of course.

Okay, though it is absolutely not logical to compare a final night of a 2nd leg with a final night of a 1st

Well, I would say it's just as logical as comparing an arena show to a stadium show. :wink:
14. SBS vs. MS single against non U2-single (obscure!): 11:9

You're getting quite nitpicky here, qualifying Miss Sarajevo (a big hit when released) as a non-single. Yes, it wasn't by U2 technically, but as I said, it was a big hit when released. I'd also consider it a single.

Now, 2009 you have 16 singles, and 7 non-single tracks. But from these 7 tunes, you have to detract Breathe, NLOTH, UC and MOS, which are all from the new album. Only 3 tracks remain from the pre-NLOTH era, that were no singles: MLK, UV and the (very rare) Bad.

In 2005 you have 15 singles, and 8 non-single tracks. But from these 8 tunes you only have to detract MD, LAPOE and Yahweh – so 5 tracks remain non-single tracks from the pre-HTDAAB era: TEC, BTBS, MS, ZS and '40'.

Again, when considering Miss Sarajevo a single the picture changes a bit. Because you then again have 16 singles and 7 non-single tracks. Actually, make that 17 singles and 6 non-single tracks (as 40 was released as a single :) ).
In that light, the setlists don't differ that much.

:wink:

I have an issue with calling The Fly a greatest hit... at least in the United States, I doubt a majority of any given audience will know of its existence.

In that light, the setlists don't differ that much.
:wink:
Yep,
- if you count '40', that only was released in Germany as a single (a fact, which outside nobody cares a cent for ...) :doh:
- if you even count the successful, but still rather obscure MS as a full valid U2 single (which even the band itself rejects ...):doh:
- if you find it fair to compare a boring standard of Vertigo with a rather exceptional setlist for 360 standards :doh:
- if you find it logical to compare show #25 (Cardiff '09) with show #61 (!) (Lisboa '05) of a running tour :doh:

if, if, if ... – at least you get at its best the same balance between singles and non-singles, and you really have to bend a lot, until you arrive there. Too much, in my opinion. And still there is a better setlist in a pretty standard '05 show than in the rather exceptional 360 concert. And this says it all ... Vertigo:up:, 360:down:

It's stupid to categorize songs only based on if they were a single or not. I guarantee you that Bad and UTEOTW, non-single fan-favorites though they are, are more well-known than A Day Without Me, Fire, and Mofo.

I agree.. until you've seen the show you can't make a comparison. 360 is much better in my view and my mates (I saw 5 Vertigo shows on 3 legs). Songs that seemed tired on the last tour have a renewed gallop this time. This tour has taught me (maybe reminded me) that youtube and bootlegs only tells you some of the story. A great U2 show is of course fundementally about the music but the other things really do make a difference too.. I've seen 3 360 shows and they beat Vertigo on all levels. And I wasn't a huge fan of the setlist at all when I first saw it.. but it just works. I also think there is more jeapordy on this tour, i.e. the gap between a great night and an good night is potentially bigger...certainly no mediocrity!

the last leg of the vertigo tour was pretty crap in terms of setlists I guess but for me I didnt even notice as I was so memorized by Bono voice on that leg. But stricktly regarding the first leg of both tours vertigo was def more interesting - so I guess we will have to wait and see what the do or dont do on the next leg of 360

It's stupid to categorize songs only based on if they were a single or not.

Thanx for the flowers. What is "stupid" or not, is to be judged from the individual brain's perspective or capacity. The (nonsense) discussion above is at least logical – which can not be said about all of the postings here:wink:

It's only your perspective, that you think to know, the casual/one-off ticket buyer knows "Bad" or "Until The End Of the World" better than "Mofo".
But on the contrary to the listings above – it is just guessing, not knowing. A theory, by the way, I will not follow.
I think, you are wrong … knowing this from many people around me, who are not U2 fans, but people, who go there to see the event. They have not an insight idea in U2's work nor are they interested in this – they know the big sigles aka hits and just want to have a great event, a nice evening. That's all and that is ok ... But try to ask them about, whether they know "Bad" or "UTEOTW":lol::lol::lol:

@Jim – that is okay, it is just a matter of taste here. Really great, if you liked 360. I just do feel the contrary, putting any Vertigo show – even with the most 'standard' setlists – way above the most 360 gigs I witnessed, with Dublin 1 and London 2 being the only exceptions. These gigs at least were fine, not extraordinary, but fine.

@Jdelbove: "The last leg of Vertigo tour was pretty crap in terms of setlists". Again facts, please: During 13 shows, half (!) of the amount than 360 in Europa, U2 went for 35 (!) different own/recorded tunes to be played, one more than in 2009. We talk about:

- The Saints Are Coming (12 times played) - a cover song live premiere, that discovers U2's roots again ...
- Window In The Skies (4 times played) –a fresh new U2 song premiere ...

- Vertigo (14 times played)
- City Of Blinding Lights (13 times played)
- Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (13 times played)
- Love And Peace Or Else (9 times played)
- Yahweh (2 times played)
...3 singles from the then already 'old' album HTDAAB were still in the setlists, plus rarer still 2 non single tunes ...

- Beautiful Day (13 times played)
- Elevation (13 times played)
- Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (3 times played)
- Walk On (4 times played)
- Kite (8 times played)
... 2 singles from ATYCLB were regular in the set, the remaining two 2 singles were rare special performances, sometimes even played in a bare acoustic arrangement in the middle of the crowd. Another re-invention goes for "Kite" being an elaborated, guitar solo driven tour de force closing some shows in an astonishing way, new musical instrumentation included ...

- Miss Sarajevo (13 times played)
... remained in the setlist as the 'obscure' non-U2-single track with its important message spreading further ...

- The First Time (4 times played)
... another even more 'obscure' choice ror the occasional (!) acoustic slot in the middle of the crowd. Another live premiere for the Vertigo tour, a beautiful ZOOROPA non single track in perfect renditions ...

- One (13 times played)
- The Fly (12 times played)
- Mysterious Ways (9 times played)
- Until The End Of The World (7 times played)
- Zoo Station (4 times played)
- Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (1 time played)
... ACHTUNG BABY also was heavily performed, with most of the fine choices played more than on 50% of the concerts. And even the astonishing non-single-track ZS was to be caught statiscally on every 3rd night. And thanx to a fan, U2 jammed also another album single on their final night as a surprise ...

- Angel Of Harlem (12 times played)
- Desire (5 times played)
- All I Want Is You (2 times played)
...in good LoveTown tradition even 3 of the RATTLE AND HUM singles made it into the setlists, with AOH being a fine performed staple (with new blues harp arrangement!) and the other two being rarer surprises ...

- Where The Streets Have No Name (13 times played)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (7 times played)
- With Or Without You (13 times played)
- Bullet The Blue Sky (13 times played)
- One Tree Hill (4 times played)
...as usual (<->360 tour) at least four of THE JOSHUA TREE were performed, including the non-single protest tune BTBS. ISHFWILF was re-invented, too – with a longer snippeted coda. Even WOWY had a few inpired, above standard versions (e.g. Melbourne 1) – and the big 'surprise' here, of course, was the resurrection of the full band OTH full of atmosphere and intensity.

- Pride (In The Name Of Love) (13 times played)
- Bad (4 times played)
...apart from the lead single, even "Bad" was played rather regular, on every 3rd night, somtimes even as the set's center song.

- Sunday Bloody Sunday (13 times played)
- New Year's Day (8 times played)
- Party Girl (2 times played)
...A good package from the earlier days – here 1982 – was performed. Not surprisingly the 2 big WAR singles, rarer the outing of the celebratory B-side ...

- I Will Follow (6 times played)
- Out Of Control (1 time played)
...even their roots were not neglected (<-> 360) with the big single IWF to be performed, but also a one-off outing for their very first EP-track

So @Jdelbove, you might call this "crap" – I'd call it perfect and a dream for a U2-song-pool to build the setlist upon!

Miss Sarajevo GREATEST HIT

Question: Where was that a greatest hit??? In Dubrovnik????:hmm:

Go out on the street an ask every person you meet if they heard about that tune.....i promise they will ask you if U2 is a submarine or something like that!!!

Does that looks like a GREATEST HIT when it only reached No.1 in LATVIA??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I mean come on when i was No.1 in Bangladesh or Tibet would it be a GREATEST HIT as well?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hey it didn´t even reached BILLBOARD CHARTS in the US or any other CHARTS in the US but its a GREATEST HIT......WOW.....lets get to No.1 in LATVIA and we have a GREATEST HIT.....poor band would that be!!!

LADY GAGA has more No.1 Singles in other Countries than this single ever could reach!

Chart (1995) Peak
position
Australian ARIA Singles Chart[7] 7
Austrian Singles Chart[7] 22
Belgian (Flanders) Singles Chart[7] 5
Belgian (Wallonia) Singles Chart[7] 3
Dutch Mega Top 100[7] 5
Finnish Singles Chart[7] 5
French SNEP Singles Chart[7] 8
German Singles Chart[8] 11
Irish Singles Chart[9] 4
Latvian Airplay Chart 1
New Zealand RIANZ Singles Chart[7] 23
Norwegian Singles Chart[7] 10
Swedish Singles Chart[7] 35
Swiss Singles Chart[7] 10
UK Singles Chart[10] 6
End of year chart (1995) Position
French Singles Chart 90

Thanx for the flowers. What is "stupid" or not, is to be judged from the individual brain's perspective or capacity. The (nonsense) discussion above is at least logical – which can not be said about all of the postings here:wink:

It's only your perspective, that you think to know, the casual/one-off ticket buyer knows "Bad" or "Until The End Of the World" better than "Mofo".
But on the contrary to the listings above – it is just guessing, not knowing. A theory, by the way, I will not follow.
I think, you are wrong … knowing this from many people around me, who are not U2 fans, but people, who go there to see the event. They have not an insight idea in U2's work nor are they interested in this – they know the big sigles aka hits and just want to have a great event, a nice evening. That's all and that is ok ... But try to ask them about, whether they know "Bad" or "UTEOTW":lol::lol::lol:

I honestly can't figure out what you're trying to say here.

I could care less anymore how predictable and repetitive the setlists have been for the last 20-25 years, nor do I care if U of PHX Stadium is half, three-quarters or completely sold-out...I'll be dancing my big fat ass off on Oct. 20, that's all I know!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom