Unknown Caller at Sheffield.. Bono miming?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheonwonbang

Babyface
I have downloaded and listened to the gig at Sheffield. Does anyone else think that Bono's singing on Unknown Caller sounds remarkably like the album version? At about 4:08 his voice changes slightly and he starts obviously singing live. Could he have mimed the main part of the song?

yeah, he definitely mimed UC at Sheffield, I heard it on the recording.

Good catch, hope you stick around here.

Wow, Bono live sounds like Bono studio. You'd think they might be the same singer or something.

Real U2 fans secretly know that Bono's voice is shot, and so he needs to mime in order to keep up, like Britney Spears.

This is indeed a very sad day in U2 Land to have Bono's cover blown in such an embarrassing fashion.
Damn you cigarettes, damn you!

Bono is sounding like Bono? :sad:

Of all the songs he could mime, he's doing Unknown Caller, a song that's easy to sing and he has almost all of the lyrics practically displayed there :lol:

Um no, if he was miming, he wouldn't make so many mistakes. His voice has sounded like that for all the tour. He's a singer, he can change the tone of his voice during a song and has done this quite often.

at 3:56 actually
just to take you totally seriously for a moment, not a chance that performance is mimed. it's in the little details like different speeds on other parts of the song that makes it obvious it's live.

like i said earlier, a very nice attempt but you needed to build up some posts first so that your attempt at winding us up could have been taken a bit more seriously.

but, on the plus side i got a reason to listen to unknown caller live. fuck, brilliant.

I'm not trying to wind anyone up.

I'm not sure you had even listened to the song before you replied to my original post.

I'm not trying to wind anyone up.

You register on a U2 forum and the first thing you do is claim that Bono was miming. Don't tell me you're surprised that people think you're just trying to wind the forum up.

Unknown Caller is the new Miracle Drug.

People thought Bono was singing Edge's verse in 2004, so maybe this is about the "sunshine sunshine" start of the song, also sung by Edge ? :hmm:

Sigh..I've no interest in winding anyone up.

I'm a U2 fan for a long time and have heard a fair few live recordings of theirs in my time. I'm just curious as to what people think about this live version of Unknown Caller.

Unknown Caller is the new Miracle Drug.

People thought Bono was singing Edge's verse in 2004, so maybe this is about the "sunshine sunshine" start of the song, also sung by Edge ? :hmm:

:lol: THat was hillarious indeed! So many threads with people's first post being OHNOEZ BONO MIMES MIRACLE DRUG.

No dude, that's Edge singing.

NO ITS BONO AND HES MIMING!

:love: gotta love the meaningless discussions.

And yeah, Bono obviously mimes. Still I can't figure out how they changed the studio versions with bad lyrics so it would seem Bono's actually singing live. :hmm:

He definitely messed the lyrics up to the first verse at Wembley, so he wasnt miming there.

Who's U2? :scratch:

It's more of a 'what', than a 'who'. As far as I know, it's a model of plane. I doubt that the music it makes are of that high quality, since all it can do is make frequent wooshing noises.

I've never heard an aircraft mime before, I can tell you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom