U2's secret show on March 6 is at Fordham University

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How dare U2 hold an event that I cannot go to. How dare they. This is a fuckin' outrage.

Man, U2 should make all their promo concerts 40+, so that their main fanbase with all the disposable income for the tour can attend. :cute:

ok here's the deal... my guy who works at fordham tells me that they aren't going to let anyone on campus who doesn't have a fordham ID, student or staff. he says they plan on being very strict about this.

just wanted to let anyone know who thought they were coming from out of state (or further) to show up at your own risk because odds are you'll get as close as the front gate... which may be close enough to hear a muffled sound, but that's about it.

Apparently, the University announced today that the alumni cards, which give alumni access to the campus all year round will not be honored before 10am tomorrow. They are really clamping down on who can attend this event.

I hope there's at least a few industrious Fordham students who know how to competently tape this stuff and share it with the internets.

:whistle:

I'm confused. I just struck a deal with this Fordham student off of craigslist. He said he was "in line" to get a guest pass - which I agreed to buy for $100. This was 11 AM EST. I'm only supposed to pay him when we meet, so I find it hard to see how he could think I could be scammed...

I'm confused. I just struck a deal with this Fordham student off of craigslist. He said he was "in line" to get a guest pass - which I agreed to buy for $100. This was 11 AM EST. I'm only supposed to pay him when we meet, so I find it hard to see how he could think I could be scammed...

i have a friend who works in the athletic department and a former student who's a freshman there right now... i've been in contact with both of them. be very suspicious of any guest passes for tomorrow as you pretty much need to know someone to get one.

students are being told that guest passes will not be honored prior to noon tomorrow. so anything you get off of craigslist or e-bay, buy at your own risk.

on top of that guest passes are issued by student's RA's, so he should have to be waiting in a line for anything.

You mean he shouldn't?

Hmm. Does sound suspicious. It's weird though - it's hard to see how he could scam me when we're only supposed to meet outside the venue and walk in together. Short of an actual mugging....

Based on what you're saying, though, even a guest pass wouldn't suffice, right? Based on the 12 noon limit, that is.

Damn, I'm confused.

sent out last night to fordham staff

2_image.gif

You are invited to a very special, televised performance of Good Morning America (GMA) featuring U2 on Friday, March 6, 2009. We are very lucky to be co-hosts and want to show our thanks with a strong Fordham turnout.

Only Fordham students, faculty, staff and Board of Trustee members will be able to attend. You will need to show your Fordham ID card to be admitted to the campus that day.

SCHEDULE of EVENTS:
5 - 6:30 a.m. Good Morning Fordham! Breakfast at McGinley Marketplace
5:30 a.m. Edwards Parade will open at 5:30 a.m rain or shine.
6:30 a.m. Everyone in place on Edwards Parade
7 a.m. Good Morning America begins showing live shots of fans on Edward's Parade.
8 a.m. U2 will begin their set and perform at various intervals until the show ends at 9 a.m.

Dress warmly; you’ll be standing outside for more than two hours.

Classes for the first two sessions have been canceled at both Rose Hill and Lincoln Center for Friday morning. More information about the event and classes will follow.

No alcoholic beverages, backpacks, briefcases, packages, bottles or signs will be allowed in the performance area.

Only those with a parking garage permit will be allowed to park on campus. There will be no additional parking on campus or in the A Lot that day.

Again, we encourage you to use public transportation to come to campus. The links below may be helpful in planning your trip.

Public Transportation

Metro North Railroad Schedule
http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm <http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm>

New York City Subway Map
http://mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm <http://mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm>

New York City Buses
http://mta.info/nyct/bus/index.html

Fordham students obtaining guest passes do have to line up -- they're distributed in a limited number by an office in each dormitory, and they are in very high demand.
If he is meeting you outside the campus and walking in with you, you should have no problem. Make sure he is walking in with you and vouching for you though -- people with guest passes must be accompanied by their student host to get into Fordham!
Also they are still giving out guest passes today..!

Here are some snippets from an e-mail I received today:
1. The entrances will be open at 5:30am on Friday March 6. All students are invited to the Good Morning Fordham Breakfast that will be served in the Marketplace beginning at 5 a.m.
2. Students who have secured guest passes may have guests on the campus beginning Thursday evening and these guests may accompany hosts to Edwards Parade for this event. Students without passes may not bring guests onto campus or for the event.
5. Remember—this is the Good Morning America broadcast featuring U2. There are likely to be pauses in the music for commercials and other breaks.
6. Please wear warm clothing, warm boots or shoes and lots of layers! Depending on when you arrive, you may be standing on Edwards Parade for more than two hours.

I will be with friends at 5am, waiting for the entrances to open. We are most likely are going to pull an all-nighter... We are beyond excited!

I am a Fordham UG student; open to PMs if you have any questions :)

So if we get onto campus - will they then check our ID's? I want to go so badly but don't want to waste my time as well...or get arrested by CAMPUS COPS!!!! oh no! But seriously - if we were to get there and sneak onto campus around 5am would anyone be the wiser?

The Fordham campus is entirely gated (we are located in the Bronx after all). There is a security booth next to each entrance, and in order to get onto campus, you will need to show identification. Security tomorrow morning will be extremely, extremely tight.

I'd say IDs will probably be checked again before you can access the field where U2 will be performing. However, if you do get onto campus without an ID (the odds really aren't good considering how tight security is likely to be), you obviously would still be able to watch the show -- just not from the ideal location, which is the field in front of the stage.

I guess my guy was legit then. Too bad the Fordham Dean called him and warned him with disciplinary action if he went ahead and sold his pass. WTF? It was a free pass and no one else was interested in going, so what was the harm in me buying it off him???

God damn. I'm super disappointed. So close, but yet so far.

:ohmy: I am truly the lady with the spinning head. :hyper:
:lol:

WOW, jcos!

I'll admit to some jealously b/c all 27 -28 yrs I've been a fan I've never, ever seen them up close in Concert......
.....and the Powers KNOW I've been trying since '83 (i missed seeing them in 80/81 by acccident :grumpy: ) which is 26 yrs!! :huh: :mad: :lol:

I know you'll have an ***incredible time*** !!!:hyper::hug:

I WANT detailsssssssssssssssss, girl!!! :lol:

Outside. Saw them setting up today. Quite a big production for a quick set on GMA. Which means to me, they will be doing a full set like they did under the brooklyn bridge. If I don't get in, I will be listening and viewing from behind the gates.

Outside. Saw them setting up today. Quite a big production for a quick set on GMA. Which means to me, they will be doing a full set like they did under the brooklyn bridge. If I don't get in, I will be listening and viewing from behind the gates.

O---M----G!!!!
THANKS for the info!

I'm SOOOO going!!!!!:hyper::love:

:giggle:

i know the area & pass the campus on the way to the NYBG for decades! and was on campus 2x's as well.

From the map I just looked at the side by the NYBG seems the best to be at? what do you think??

Back
Top Bottom