U2's secret show on March 6 is at Fordham University

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have to remember that since there were violent situations at colleges across the country,security already is an issue. They will be strict. I am sure especially with any strangers wandering around without proper ID.
:|

im sure GMA probably was going to do it the same way they usually do these things, but then U2 came in and changed plans and didnt have anything finalized until less than a week before the show, which is a little ridic

we all know u2 isn't the most organized camp around when it comes to these things

the date and location have been set for over 2 weeks.

i understand being frustrated that you might be close by and unable to see the band, but i don't understand the sense of entitlement to see what is essentially a private staged television appearance. everyone will get a fair chance to see them play a concert in nyc in the fall that will be 120 minutes instead of 15.

Seconded.

Hell, the ABC website only says "might", anyway.

I've still seen nothing that precludes the possibility of contests for members of the public to gain entry. And hey, at least it's something that can be watched on TV if you can't get in.

It would be nice to see U2.com do giveaways for this show and the other promo shows for members, kind of like they did for the book signing a few years back.

if you all noticed in that radio announcement... they are giving away tickets to the GMA show

That is so ridiculous :rant:

I don't understand why everybody is getting so worked up about this. It's a 15 minute performance. It's not like it's a full concert, and it's not anyone from the U2 camp said fans were going to be able to get tickets. GMA even said it was only a possibility. I can understand being disappointed, but be disappointed and go back to being excited for the album Tuesday, instead of trying to find out what shuttles run to campus and what entrance the band is going to use.

Hopefully everybody who isn't associated with Fordham will stay away from the campus that day, so security can do its job keeping the band and the crowd safe and not have to be distracted by people trying to sneak or sweet talk their way in. Let them have their moment with U2. Many people here have already had theirs, and, for people like me who haven't, hopefully you'll get your chance.

It may only be 15 minutes, but when you've been looking forward to seeing them live again for 5 years and then you think you can see them in a week perform on a morning show in the city which you live in (a show that is ususally very easily accessible to see ANY of their music acts), and then find out you can't even get near the performance, it's incredibly disappointing.

Yes I'm excited about the album on Tuesday, yes I'm excited about the tour announcement next Monday. This doesn't take away from that. And those do not take away from the disappointment of not being able to see a performance I thought I could. At least with Letterman you can't expect you'll get in. It's a lottery right from the start. Though I am still hoping to get the call! This is different.

It may only be 15 minutes, but when you've been looking forward to seeing them live again for 5 years and then you think you can see them in a week perform on a morning show in the city which you live in (a show that is ususally very easily accessible to see ANY of their music acts), and then find out you can't even get near the performance, it's incredibly disappointing.

Yes I'm excited about the album on Tuesday, yes I'm excited about the tour announcement next Monday. This doesn't take away from that. And those do not take away from the disappointment of not being able to see a performance I thought I could. At least with Letterman you can't expect you'll get in. It's a lottery right from the start. Though I am still hoping to get the call! This is different.

:up:

well said. And I am sure all here feel this way. I live in MD and want to be up there for some of this but can't due to personal reasons.

I don't understand why everybody is getting so worked up about this. It's a 15 minute performance. It's not like it's a full concert, and it's not anyone from the U2 camp said fans were going to be able to get tickets. GMA even said it was only a possibility. I can understand being disappointed, but be disappointed and go back to being excited for the album Tuesday, instead of trying to find out what shuttles run to campus and what entrance the band is going to use.

Hopefully everybody who isn't associated with Fordham will stay away from the campus that day, so security can do its job keeping the band and the crowd safe and not have to be distracted by people trying to sneak or sweet talk their way in. Let them have their moment with U2. Many people here have already had theirs, and, for people like me who haven't, hopefully you'll get your chance.

Any band that's been around for that long would be soooooooo honored that anyone gets "SO WORKED UP"! I hope you never forget that's what Rock and Roll is all about!:sexywink:

Hopefully everybody who isn't associated with Fordham will stay away from the campus that day, so security can do its job keeping the band and the crowd safe and not have to be distracted by people trying to sneak or sweet talk their way in.

I hope people saw that this was the real crux of BonoIsMyMuse's comment. It bears repeating.

It makes sense logistically to limit it. If it were open to the public, they'd have to play in Central Park or something.

Back
Top Bottom