U2 Tour Logo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2-360-tour-logo.png

Discuss.

I want it as a Key Chain thingy bobby with stuff in the middle that spins!

Excuse me for wanting to show people a little respect.

Oh, and if you think I'm overreacting...well, my feelings about this and other things have not been triggered solely by a couple replies in this thread. It goes way beyond that. I am getting extremely tired of seeing so many mean, snotty, snarky (and whatever else you want to call them) posts all over Interference. I don't know why it's gotten so hard for people to treat others nicely.

I've been about a bit and back on Blue Crack today, but it does seem like you are over-reacting to this particular topic. Hmm, it does seem a bit aggressive to get a concert logo tatoo and I do not think a "bat shit" reference was meant to imply anything beyond "are you serious" -- it certainly does not appear to have meant "he or she is seriously mentally ill" which is indeed, a serious topic.

Perhaps this person should embrace this a bit and post a picture of it come along for the fun -- he or she is certainly not the only person to get a little U2 crazy on this site.

Shit, 17 years ago I had 1,000 petions signed and and sent six three ring binders to variious U2 types, managers and so forth, even Barry Fey in Denver (he of concert promoting fame) to get U2 to Omaha for Zoo TV, it never panned out. Yes, I WAS Bat Shit and damn proud of it.

I've been about a bit and back on Blue Crack today, but it does seem like you are over-reacting to this particular topic. Hmm, it does seem a bit aggressive to get a concert logo tatoo and I do not think a "bat shit" reference was meant to imply anything beyond "are you serious" -- it certainly does not appear to have meant "he or she is seriously mentally ill" which is indeed, a serious topic.

Like I said, my feelings are not just in response to some replies in this thread. That person and her tattoo have been ripped on multiple times in multiples forums here, and it's just getting very ridiculous.

That being said, I really do want to end this debate/discussion, as I really feel like it was derailing the thread topic at hand, and I don't want to do that. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you sharing your opinion nicely, I respect that. But I really want to let the thread move forward. :)

i keep coming back to this thread thinking that something cool is going to be written :tsk:

alas, what cool and new comment can be made of a simple logo change?

alas, what cool and new comment can be made of a simple logo change?

Probably none would be my guess -- nearly 100 posts on the topic is probably enough. However if someone could turn this new logo into a Key Chain FOB thingy bobby, I would buy one.

Since you did ask, I'll try for "new" -- does anybody know what or who inspired the change? I saw both versions for awhile, but am assuming the one with the raspy saw-blade like edges has been put out to pasture and shot dead?

So, who said, "change that mofo logo, it be Ugly!" :wink:

PS if this has already been asked and answered, sorry (-:

So, who said, "change that mofo logo, it be Ugly!" :wink:

My guess is someone at LiveNation didn't think it was cutting edge enough. Plus from a usage standpoint, the new one has cleaner edges which I would think will be more easily adapted to 3D animation applications, like for commercials and whatnot.

The logo looks suspiciously similar to the Queensryche tour logo
Queensryche.jpg

I find your suspicion to be a stretch a very big s____t______________r___________________e______________________________t____________________________________________c_______________________________________________h

My guess is someone at LiveNation didn't think it was cutting edge enough. Plus from a usage standpoint, the new one has cleaner edges which I would think will be more easily adapted to 3D animation applications, like for commercials and whatnot.

Good call -- I see you working the Flash / animation angles.

I wonder when we'll see the first BlackBerry commercials noting the tour -- if I'm BB I want to use this for a product kick off or something BIG -- I don't think the CEO green lit this cuz his 27 year old daughter wants to meet Bono and help build a well in Africa; though it would be cool if she did.

Thank you, and because I'm bored at work:

u2360i.jpg
incorporated into the old "Wire" tag style that folks used to wear at shows and

u2360a.jpg
the equal sign incorporated into it. Not a big fan of this but, as I said, I was bored.

That is so much better...

Tour logo looks like....

Anyone else (besides me?) notice that the new tour logo looks like an upside-down goat?

}:)~

~:){

Hee hee hee....

goat

Last edited:
So, I've seen some pics of the tickets and they're using the "older" logo on those...

I don't have tickets yet, are they all using the older logo?

Back
Top Bottom