U2 to play secret street gig in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And if it follows suit, then there will be proshot video. :drool:

Irving Plaza and Brooklyn Bridge were longer shows.

"The gig will take place at Upper Regent Street near Oxford Circus between 6pm and 6.15pm."

If it's in the middle of Oxford Circus, chances are it will be pretty short, maybe 3 or 4 songs if we're lucky.

Not sure I can do much re: recording, all I have is a cheap digital camera :reject: I'll try to take some mini-videos if I can though.

If it's in the middle of Oxford Circus, chances are it will be pretty short, maybe 3 or 4 songs if we're lucky.

Not sure I can do much re: recording, all I have is a cheap digital camera :reject: I'll try to take some mini-videos if I can though.

i don't know. people thought the same thing about the Brooklyn Bridge show, and they played 10...11 songs i think.

i think they will play around 4 songs, too. c'mon, this is oxford circus, they can't be there for like one hour! i hope i will manage to find it before they finish :lol:

True, but this is really in the middle of downtown, at peak rush hour... it will be chaos! :hyper:

But I'm all for a longer gig, for sure... just don't want to get my hopes up too much. I mean, this is still just a rumour...

the Brooklyn Bridge concert was on MTV around the release of Bomb, i think anyway. Although i doubt they'd have time to air this one on MTV in between "Room Raiders" and "Parental Control" :rolleyes:

This is the gig that everyone has been talking about and it was thought it would be at Bush House(BBC World Service location) but it didn't make sense as there isn't much space there and the building is 8 floors high.

Upper Regent Street makes more sense as it's where BBC Broadcasting House(BBC HQ) and is located it's a very short walk on the same street to Oxford Circus. I reckon the gig will be in the space between All Souls church and Broadcasting House. Here is the location on a map -

Google Maps

There is alot of building work being done at this location at the moment so it's unlikely it will take place between the two buildings unless they are driving a cement mixer!! Langham st is basically a building site.

Damn. I think they should come play the Embarcadero again this tour :drool:

But, awesome for u all in London! HAVE FUN! :up:

There is alot of building work being done at this location at the moment so it's unlikely it will take place between the two buildings unless they are driving a cement mixer!! .

Hey, they've played on trucks before!

u2-brooklyn3.jpg

:lol:

I live in the north west & i'm seriously tempted to jump on a train, especially if more concrete details are announced. I don't know London well at all so out of interest which would be the best train station to go to (incase i feel the need to book tickets :reject:)?

I live in the north west & i'm seriously tempted to jump on a train, especially if more concrete details are announced. I don't know London well at all so out of interest which would be the best train station to go to (incase i feel the need to book tickets :reject:)?

Victoria, Waterloo or Paddington would all bring you reasonably close, but you'd have to make a few stops on the tube from there.

But...you know this is just a rumour, right? It could turn out not to happen, or to happen at another location...

Victoria, Waterloo or Paddington would all bring you reasonably close, but you'd have to make a few stops on the tube from there.

But...you know this is just a rumour, right? It could turn out not to happen, or to happen at another location...

Euston is closest from North West

Ok cheers. Don't think I would go unless something more substantial is revealed, although it is still tempting...

U reckon this will be broadcast live on Radio 2 as chris evans has been saying all week we have a very special event happening with U2 on our show this Friday between 5 and 7

I'm working that day :angry ::doh :

I was going to just reply call in sick but BD and loads of other got there first. :lol:

Call in sick :shifty:

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner that i love London so :whistle :

A secret gig with like thousands blocking Upper Regent Street :lol :

It'll be like Streets all over again :drool:

I love London and i'm from the northwest. :p They should do things like this in Manchester sometime though. Would make a change. Though not ever likely. :lol: :wink:

Oh Man I think I have a sore throat coming on, practice that line for tomorrow at work:cute:

Poor Anji. :sad::hug:

Back
Top Bottom