U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Please use this thread for general discussions about the tour that do not fit in any existing thread.

Previous thread:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f304/kiss-the-future-tour-now-named-u2-360-tour-194832.html

You can find Tour Dates and Pre-Sale Information here:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f308/official-tour-dates-updated-march-14th-194998.html

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...2-com-general-discussion-and-info-194879.html

Pre-Sale Dates:
http://www.u2.com/tour/index/

You can also discuss specific tour dates in the Tour Dates forum:

Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings - U2 Feedback

Please use the appropriate threads/forums.

Damn, I won't be able to go see them this time as all the stadiums are too far away. :|

so, for the first page, will somebody sum up how pre-sale will work and wht's happened as of yet?

you've really only missed me whining and venting because i decided to to not renew my subscription for a couple years and then just signed up again on Friday and now i'm probably screwed even though i was a member of Propaganda and U2.com for many years and i'm also pissed that i don't have an email yet so i don't even know if i'm getting screwed or not.

Im kinda depending on trains, or at least buses to get to wherever I get tickets for (if any!).

Im hoping to hell theres a train from gatwick to wembley/glasgow equivelent. :huh: Ive never been to Glasgow or London so I havent a clue where to start to make any sort of map.

Shouldnt count my chickens though, I havent even got tix yet. :lol: And I might not!

Assuming that they keep the dates that were announced and later retracted, these are, in my opinion, the best and worst venues on the tour in North America (which is more of a concern for people sitting in the upper stands):

BEST:

180px-UNLVSamBoydStadium.jpg

Sam Boyd Stadium (small college football stadium that seats <40,000, no suites in the seating bowl)

300px-Scott-stadium.jpg

Scott Stadium (60,000 seats, very few suites in the seating bowl)

rose-bowl-field.jpg

Rose Bowl (large capacity, but very narrow rows; no suites in the seating bowl)

WORST:

rogersmain.jpg

Rogers Center (stadium is very wide because it accommodates baseball; has many suites within the seating bowl)

fedexinside.jpg

FedEx Field (the largest stadium in the NFL; many suites within the seating bowl)

Cowboys-seats.jpg

Cowboys Stadium (equivalent of 5 levels of suites within the seating bowl)

Not all stadiums are alike, and it's too bad that the band didn't seek out more intimate venues in some cities where alternatives are available.

you've really only missed me whining and venting because i decided to to not renew my subscription for a couple years and then just signed up again on Friday and now i'm probably screwed even though i was a member of Propaganda and U2.com for many years and i'm also pissed that i don't have an email yet so i don't even know if i'm getting screwed or not.

U2.com > No Line On The Horizon Tour Pre-Sale

do you see a code on the side/left?

I saw Pink Floyd at the Rose Bowl years ago - not a bad venue for stadium concerts but two gripes:

1) parking is absolutely HORRENDOUS - get there early, carpool, take a cab (but don't count on getting a cab back)

2) if you have seats in the stands, it can take a good 45 minutes roundtrip for a trip to the restroom/beer - the tunnels leading out to the concessions get jammed and I don't recommend them for anyone who's claustrophobic

:twocents:

I remember U2 not selling out some stadiums during PopMart.

I hope they find some dinky stadiums like where they have badminton championships or something.

<>

I saw Pink Floyd at the Rose Bowl years ago - not a bad venue for stadium concerts but two gripes:

1) parking is absolutely HORRENDOUS - get there early, carpool, take a cab (but don't count on getting a cab back)

2) if you have seats in the stands, it can take a good 45 minutes roundtrip for a trip to the restroom/beer - the tunnels leading out to the concessions get jammed and I don't recommend them for anyone who's claustrophobic

:twocents:

That's a good point. Much of the original stadium is literally an earthen "bowl," so it can take a while to exit out of the tunnels, depending on where you are sitting.

My GOD stadiums are HUGE. :scream: :sad:

Yup. :hyperventilates: When I went to go see Madonna in our stadium last October, our seats were pretty damn far back. I'm terrified of heights, and I had a few panic attacks because we were so high up. :yikes: I cannot do seats that are way far back in the nosebleeds, no matter how close to the front you are.

I'm going to be doing my damnedest to get seats that are closer to the floor. I do NOT want to be having panic attacks while seeing U2! :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks the 360 name is awful? :sad:

Luckily, I can live with that and in the end all that matters is the show. :applaud:

But it is awful imo. :sad:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom