U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question: My friend is kinda short. Should she go with GA? especially for these big stadium shows? She's probably like 5'3 or something.

Question: My friend is kinda short. Should he go with GA? especially for these big stadium shows? She's probably like 5'3 or something.

Im only 5'4 and the first time I did GA was in the stadium show for Hawaii. Lined up early in the day and got a good spot and had no problem seeing. Your friend should be good!

So when they let you in is it a mad rush for the stage?

Yup sure is.

Be mindful of the 'Walk, don't run!' security peeps (a commonly heard phrase amongst the hardcore U2 concert goers) - these peeps have been known to pull people up and hold them back, give them a talking to and threaten them with ejection, I can't imagine that actually happening though. Dodge the security peeps, and learn to fast walk where you can't dodge them.

It's all a bit like some 80's computer game. :D

Be mindful of the 'Walk, don't run!' security peeps (a commonly heard phrase amongst the hardcore U2 concert goers) - these peeps have been known to pull people up and hold them back, give them a talking to and threaten them with ejection, I can't imagine that actually happening though. Dodge the security peeps, and learn to fast walk where you can't dodge them.

Yes, be careful of these guys!! i went to a UK show back in 2001, and the girl behind me in line was literally *wrestled* to the floor by one of the guards b/c she was running. :eek:

Slane 2001 was also a trip-- they opened the gates, and then let us all run at top speed down a HUGE, grassy, slippery hill to the stage. it was actually pretty fun! :wink:

Yes, be careful of these guys!! i went to a UK show back in 2001, and the girl behind me in line was literally *wrestled* to the floor by one of the guards b/c she was running. :eek:

Slane 2001 was also a trip-- they opened the gates, and then let us all run at top speed down a HUGE, grassy, slippery hill to the stage. it was actually pretty fun! :wink:

Omg! Would have hated to be the one who encountered that guard :yikes:

Entrance to Slane sounds like it was rather entertaining there :wink:

Omg! Would have hated to be the one who encountered that guard :yikes:

Entrance to Slane sounds like it was rather entertaining there :wink:

Heheh yeah, or how about flying to the other side of the world to see them in Hawaii in 2006 only to be pulled up by security as the entrance gates opened and tens of thousands of people flooded in past me (well about 10 people lol, but it felt like 10's of thousands of people I tells ya!) all because I didn't have a stamp on the back of my hand for exiting the queue for a toilet break or whatever because I'd patiently waited in line in the queue for 12 hours without feeling the necessity to leave the queue. The security muppet didn't realise that was what the stamps were for :rolleyes: Thankfully one of the big fella's I was queuing with all day from Montana managed to put him very straight, and I got in. Everyone needs their own big fella from Montana, thank you Ian :up:

We walked SUPER FAST. Everyone for the most part is pretty respectful though from my few past GA experiences. :up:

Heheh yeah, or how about flying to the other side of the world to see them in Hawaii in 2006 only to be pulled up by security as the entrance gates opened and tens of thousands of people flooded in past me (well about 10 people lol, but it felt like 10's of thousands of people I tells ya!) all because I didn't have a stamp on the back of my hand for exiting the queue for a toilet break or whatever because I'd patiently waited in line in the queue for 12 hours without feeling the necessity to leave the queue. The security muppet didn't realise that was what the stamps were for :rolleyes: Thankfully one of the big fella's I was queuing with all day from Montana managed to put him very straight, and I got in. Everyone needs their own big fella from Montana, thank you Ian :up:

Yeah you are VERY lucky that you had someone there to help you out with that! Ahhhh the adventures in GA :wink:

I lost count how many times me and my friends got hollered at for running in Hawaii when the gates opened lol. Had no choice but to do a fast walk once we discovered that it ran downhill to the gates lol.

yeah, everyone is pretty respectful-- and definitely in the States it was usually a fast walk to the ellipse. however, the Slane show was a different matter entirely-- the guards were getting us all pumped up when the gates were opened, and were like "on your mark, set, GO!!!"

i think they got a kick out of seeing all the lame-o U2 fans running for their lives (some of the fans were even still drunk from the night before!). :wink: good times....

Just checked the ticket limit on ticketmaster UK:

" Ticket Limit
Please note: There is a ticket limit of 4 tickets per person and per credit card on this event"

Im hoping that means on general sale I will be able to use my card to buy both london and sheffield, as they are different events? (unlike the Vertigo tour one show limit)

Just checked the ticket limit on ticketmaster UK:

" Ticket Limit
Please note: There is a ticket limit of 4 tickets per person and per credit card on this event"

Im hoping that means on general sale I will be able to use my card to buy both london and sheffield, as they are different events? (unlike the Vertigo tour one show limit)

Yes that should be the case for general sale, so you should be ok I believe, I'm intending on doing something similar.

This policy has been in place since the Elevation tour, I can remember a lot of people being worried back in 2001 when they'd exceeded the ticket limit on credit card bookings. At the time Ticketmaster didn't catch everyone who'd exceeded these limits, but some of those that did found that some of their transactions were cancelled IIRC, and not their preferred choice either. As a 'heads-up', Ticketmaster may well have become a little more sophisticated in the years since and might have systems in place to catch out the people these policies are in place for - namely ticket touts.

YES always.

Yup sure is.

We walked SUPER FAST. Everyone for the most part is pretty respectful though from my few past GA experiences. :up:

OK well I guess I'd better get going on my Wii fit instead of reading these boards...............:wink:

Yup sure is.

Totally! The Palace was the worst for me, that was like running a fuckin gauntlet! Go down this huge staircase, race down a long slippery hallway, around a corner, then down stairs into the arena except every other step is a smaller size and then every 10 steps or so there's a landing so it's impossible to skip down at any rhythm... I can't believe we made it in without breaking our necks!

Question:

I want to go to both Dublin and London shows as well as some US shows. I have 4 tickets on presale. However, with Europe I can only use them on one show but here in America I can use them on 4 different shows.

What should I do? should I just wait for regular sale and then buy the Croke Park and Wembley gigs or use my presale on one of them or what?

What would you guys recommend?

Cheers.

Question:

I want to go to both Dublin and London shows as well as some US shows. I have 4 tickets on presale. However, with Europe I can only use them on one show but here in America I can use them on 4 different shows.

What should I do? should I just wait for regular sale and then buy the Croke Park and Wembley gigs or use my presale on one of them or what?

What would you guys recommend?

Cheers.

If you only need 2 tickets for each gig, I'd be up for swopping 2 of my London tickets that hopefully I get today with my presale, for 2 of your Dublin tickets if you use your presale for those? Send me a PM.

So London tickets are on sale Friday @ 9am according to the site... and I'm in NYC so I guess that's 5am for me.

My guess is I'll just stay up to buy them as I usually go to bed around 3am so why not just stay up right?

my husband has just gone down to the ticketmaster office in Belfast and there is already people queueing up outside for the Croke park concert general sale tomorrow morning at 8 oclock when it opens,

and I was the one telling him not to go down until 9 tonight:ohmy:
lucky he didnt listen to me

^ Oh dear thats got me a tiny bit nervous about my chances tomorrow. Myself and 4 mates are all trying tomorrow, fingers well and truly crossed!!! :hyper::huh:

my husband has just gone down to the ticketmaster office in Belfast and there is already people queueing up outside for the Croke park concert general sale tomorrow morning at 8 oclock when it opens,

Wow!

:lol: holy crap!! That's early! Good luck for your hubby then!

Back
Top Bottom