U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know. :shrug:

:hug:

Nicv, personally I prefer the first come, first serve.

That way you are guaranteed if you put in the work of getting there at the buttcrack of dawn, right? On the flip side, you wouldn't have to get in there at the bc of dawn....or do you still need to get there early?

btw, thanks for your info, this is my first U2 concert :hyper:

On the last tour, sometimes they let you bring more than one person with you into the Ellipse. I guess it was up to the whims of the ticket-scanning people.

I benefited from the lottery, still don't like it. :angry:

Yeah i prefer first come first serve aswell and i got in scanned in at all Ga shows i did except one.

If you had a GA ticket, they used a scanning gun to scan the barcode of your ticket. If it beeped and "Vertigo" flashed on the screen it was connected to, you and the person you were with got into the ellipse.

On the last tour, sometimes they let you bring more than one person with you into the Ellipse. I guess it was up to the whims of the ticket-scanning people.

:yes: Some people got to take in more than 1 person.

i sure hope so. i'll be in a group of 3.

With it being a stadium and so much room i doubt there will be problems with taking 2 people in.

If I get scanned in, I may pick someone else to go in with me besides the person I'm with. I'm not too fond of her. :p

:ohmy: Oh, sounds like there's a story........

If I get scanned, I will be making someone's day next to me, since I am probably going solo, so I would pick some random person that was nice to me in line.........or is really cute :D

If I get scanned in, I may pick someone else to go in with me besides the person I'm with. I'm not too fond of her. :

:madwife:

:lol:

I didn't even realise i had been scanned the first time. Ruff was like "OMG!OMG!OMG!":hyper::hyper: It was just like "What?". She had to tell me i got scanned. Must have been the jetlag. :lmao::reject: After she told me the 3 of us were :hyper::love::hyper:

:combust::faint:

That way you are guaranteed if you put in the work of getting there at the buttcrack of dawn, right? On the flip side, you wouldn't have to get in there at the bc of dawn....or do you still need to get there early?

btw, thanks for your info, this is my first U2 concert :hyper:

Well I'm still going there early, because you never know how many people are allowed in the ellipse, and how many people show up. If you're up front you can at least be sure that you'll get a try rather than get told the ellipse is already full.

nicv said:

This is what happened last time. It seems they, or some people, thought that people would queue later because of the lottery system. Being first in line would not guarantee you a spot in the ellipse, so why wait all day, right? WRONG! People queued even earlier b/c we were then queuing to guarantee a spot on the outside rail, since you couldn't assume you'd be in the ellipse. So instead of queuing to be say the first 200 or so in the ellipse, people were queuing to try to guarantee being one of 50 people or so along the outer rail, and if you got in the ellipse, all the better. One of the shows I attended I got in line about 11pm the night before (we were at a show, ran out and got straight back in line since the line nazis did not allow writing your name down if you were going to the shw that night). I was 43rd in line and Phil and I squeezed into the last spots possible on the outside rail the next night when we were not scanned in. So that's almost 24 hours of waiting in and we were a few steps away from not even being on a rail, let alone in the ellipse.

I actually didn't mind/don't mind the lottery system, but it most certainly did NOT deter hardcore fans from queuing so early.

My Grandpa heard on 700am WLW (Cincinnati AM talk radio station old men listen to) that U2 is coming to Cincy in 2010. Makes sense I suppose. Could draw in fans from KY, Indy and Ohio. I doubt they would play in Cleveland if they also plan on playing in Detroit and Pittsburgh.

My Grandpa heard on 700am WLW (Cincinnati AM talk radio station old men listen to) that U2 is coming to Cincy in 2010. Makes sense I suppose. Could draw in fans from KY, Indy and Ohio. I doubt they would play in Cleveland if they also plan on playing in Detroit and Pittsburgh.

yay for grandpa

first come, first serve as far as I'm concerned..... IMHO the lottery thing for getting into the ellipse is an American thing...

wow, when was the last time they played Cincy? The Boy tour? Usually it's Cleveland and/or Columbus get the Ohio shows. Then again, it makes sense, as I would assume that the Bengals' stadium is smaller than the ginormous Ohio Stadium in C-Bus and (like you said) Cleveland is so close to Pittsburgh.

Needless to say, if it's true, I will be coming home for that one!

you've really only missed me whining and venting because i decided to to not renew my subscription for a couple years and then just signed up again on Friday and now i'm probably screwed even though i was a member of Propaganda and U2.com for many years and i'm also pissed that i don't have an email yet so i don't even know if i'm getting screwed or not.

Hey Mikal you will probably be screwed like me. I didn't purchase a renewal for a few years (was there really a need to?) although I had one in 2004 when they converted from Propaganda and used to be a Propaganda member but it seems to not matter any more. All they care about is have you been paying your U2 bill annually. poop on that crap.

I'm a Boots presale. Hopefully I'll get SOMETHING (I want Vegas and Rose Bowl).

Is it the Rose Bowl for sure??

I'm trying to remember where I saw that...apparently it was on the site briefly then taken away or something. Does anyone actually know the story behind the missing September and October U.S. tour dates?

I had seen these:

"Date - Venue - City - State - Country - PUBLIC ON-SALE
20 June 2009 Camp Nou Barcelona ES Wed. 25 March
07 July 2009 San Siro Milan IT Fri. 13 March
11 July 2009 Stade De France Paris FR Fri. 20 March
15 July 2009 Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann Nice FR Fri. 20 March
18 July 2009 Olympic Stadium Berlin DE Fri. 27 March
20 July 2009 Arena Amsterdam NL Sat. 14 March
24 July 2009 Croke Park Dublin IE Fri. 20 March
31 July 2009 Ullevi Stadium Gothenburg SE Fri. 13 March
03 August 2009 Veltins-Arena Gelsenkirchen DE Fri. 27 March
06 August 2009 Slaski Stadium Chorzow PL Fri. 20 March
10 August 2009 Stadium Makimir Zagreb HR Fri. 27 March
14 August 2009 Wembley Stadium London US Fri. 20 March
18 August 2009 Hampden Park Glasgow GB Fri. 20 March
20 August 2009 Don Valley Stadium Sheffield GB Fri. 20 March
22 August 2009 Millenium Stadium Cardiff Wal. GB Fri. 20 March
12 September 2009 Soldier Field Chicago IL US Mon. 30 March
16 September 2009 Rogers Centre Toronto ON CA Mon. 30 March
20 September 2009 Gilette Stadium Boston MA US Mon. 30 March
24 September 2009 Giants Stadium New York NY US Mon. 30 March
29 September 2009 FedEx Field Washington DC US Mon. 6 April
01 October 2009 Scott Stadium Charlottesville VA US Sat. 4 April
03 October 2009 Stadium Raleigh NC US Mon. 6 April
06 October 2009 Georgia Dome Atlanta GA US Mon. 6 April
09 October 2009 Raymond James Center Tampa FL US Sat. 18 April
12 October 2009 New Cowboys Stadium Dallas TX US Mon. 20 April
14 October 2009 Reliant Stadium Houston TX US Mon. 20 April
19 October 2009 Oklahoma Memorial Stadium Norman OK US Sat. 4 April
20 October 2009 Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Phoenix AZ US Mon. 20 April
23 October 2009 Sam Boyd Stadium Las vegas NV US TBD
25 October 2009 Rose Bowl Los Angeles CA US Mon. 6 April
28 October 2009 BC Place Stadium Vancouver BC CA Mon. 6 April

but now part of that is missing.

There are WAY too many threads to research if this has been answered. Does anyone know if there were shows and dates posted and then they disappeared?

So, um, I don't know for SURE the Rose Bowl date is on, but it was posted, briefly. Hoping it's accurate because it's almost in my backyard!

I think the scanning system is better than first come first serve. Because then you have to get there at the butt crack of dawn, or even the night before just to be guaranteed to get in there. Also you get more line jumpers or cutters trying to make it before the 'cut off' mark.

I was with a group of 4 pretty much for Vertigo, me and April and my bf and Diemen. Neither me nor April scanned but by bf did. He then quickly traded tickets with me so that I could go in with April. :love: You have to have a plan ahead of time though because you cant dilly dally there where they're scanning and letting people in.

There are WAY too many threads to research if this has been answered. Does anyone know if there were shows and dates posted and then they disappeared?

Yes the last of those dates were up briefly then disappeared. They probably dont have the plans squared away yet to post the dates.

Back
Top Bottom