U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually find it weak that they showed us dates, and then yanked them away. If they didn't want us to see them, then why were they announced on March 9th?
Me and about 6 other friends are trying to make plans for this tour. Less time of notification gives us less time to plot and plan.
No problem they don't want us to know the "other" shows previous to the four "big" shows being sold this and next week, just why the tease on March 9th?

Yeah I am bummed too because I am waiting for the Vegas date but I guess they had their reasons. Maybe they need to confirm with the venues/dates etc. Hopefully we will get an announcement soon.

I just got an e-mail from livenation that they're selling the tickets for the Foxboro show in the general sale on Monday. I thought ticketmaster was.

:crack:

It is not uncommon for Live Nation to direct buyers to their site for tickets, and, guess what? When you click on "buy tickets", the site redirects you to ticketmaster. The ONLY venues I'm aware of where Live Nation has used their own ticketing system thus far are Live Nation owned venues (i.e. the sheds). I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain that Ticketmaster will be the only outlet.

It is not uncommon for Live Nation to direct buyers to their site for tickets, and, guess what? When you click on "buy tickets", the site redirects you to ticketmaster. The ONLY venues I'm aware of where Live Nation has used their own ticketing system thus far are Live Nation owned venues (i.e. the sheds). I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain that Ticketmaster will be the only outlet.

I agree that Live Nation is probably just going to redirect you to Ticketmaster. If you click around Live Nation's site, you'll see that alot of concerts on there redirect you to Ticketmaster (or other ticket sites).

I actually find it weak that they showed us dates, and then yanked them away. If they didn't want us to see them, then why were they announced on March 9th?
Me and about 6 other friends are trying to make plans for this tour. Less time of notification gives us less time to plot and plan.
No problem they don't want us to know the "other" shows previous to the four "big" shows being sold this and next week, just why the tease on March 9th?

They may just want to wait and see how well their three strongest U.S. markets sell. If they don't sell well or sell-out within a couple days, they may not play all of the other cities previously listed.

what are the uk U2 stadium gigs like, coz ive been to a few stadium gigs of various bands and at some you get people throwing beer and other stuff from plastic glasses wondered what it was like last time round?

Yeah I just went to buy tix for another show this morning via Live Nation and it re-directed me to Ticketmaster.

idea!

imagine if a huge, thin curtain hung over the canopy, like a huge cylinder, and you see the bands silhouttes stroll around inside? and then, bam, a wind machine lets it flutter up and away:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Is that vomit?

Confused about this statement

If this question has been answered before just point me in the right direction! On the Ticketmaster site, for the North American shows atleast, it has the following statement.

Please note that best available seating is determined by ticket price and not section/area. If requesting a specific area, such as Floor, please specify in your ticket request.

I'm a little confused by this. In the past, I always believed that selecting best available meant that Ticketmaster would search and the closest available seats to the stage the site could find would be what comes up. According to this, that isn't true (if I'm reading it right).

So, if it goes by ticket price, does Ticketmaster assume the cheapest seats to be best available (as in best available value) or the most expensive seats?

For example, if we pretent that I'm the only person in the world buying tickets to a particular show on the new tour and I select best available, what seats will Ticketmaster pull up as the best available?

Best available doesn't mean squat in my opinion. Ok so maybe I'm just bitter because I chose best available for another band's show yesterday and it most definitely did not give me the best available tickets :grumpy:

I would just go ahead and choose floor if that's what you want, and if you want seats, that's when you choose best available. Even though it doesn't always actually seem to give you the best available. But supposedly best available is supposed to refer to the 'best spot'. Most likely it should be pulling up the most expensive tickets that are available. I dont know, its pretty confusing to me as well.

Another question: now that my non obsessive friends know I have tickets, they want me to try to get some for them. I assume the general sale ticket limit is totally separate from the U2.com presales? Thanks in advance.... :hyper:

Best available doesn't mean squat in my opinion. Ok so maybe I'm just bitter because I chose best available for another band's show yesterday and it most definitely did not give me the best available tickets :grumpy:

I would just go ahead and choose floor if that's what you want, and if you want seats, that's when you choose best available. Even though it doesn't always actually seem to give you the best available. But supposedly best available is supposed to refer to the 'best spot'. Most likely it should be pulling up the most expensive tickets that are available. I dont know, its pretty confusing to me as well.

Yeah, I kinda figured that it would probably be pulling up the $250 tickets first. It's all a matter of opinion because, to me, GA tickets are truely the best available tickets. :hmm:

stadiums are huge, but then again, the claw, etc looks huge, so it probably takes up some much more space then it seems in the pictures, thus GA will still be cool like arenas in my mind...

I was thinking that one of the benefits of a stadium show would be increased rail space, but it looks like the Red Zones take up a good 2/3rds of the rail, bringing us back to the typical arena amount of rail space.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I was just curious about this red zone auction.

How is seating assigned?
I've been told you actually get a seat, but since it's just an auction, which seat do you get? Do the highest bids end up closest? Or what? Do you still have to line up?

And further, the zones are big, so how many spots are there? How many bids do they accept?
I'm slightly confused.

To me it looks like there will be a catwalk between the GA and the RED/VIP sections. So more people will have Bono/Adam/Edge walk by than what it looks like at first sight.

Back
Top Bottom