U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really? I just know that wristbands were used in 2005, at least at European shows.

Same with NZ GA. First in line got in the Bomb Shelter.

I'm sure the circular walk stage that encircles the stage will serve the same purpose this time. I don't know how they would manage it without wristbands, unless the enclosed people have access to their own baths and beer (doubtful).

Mark

My guest would be that if they are saying no wristbands, that would mean lottery, as i am sure i have seen some seating plans with a some sort of fence/barrier infront of the circle.

No the soundboard is clearly on the exact opposite end of the field.

Also, notably those sections I mentioned? They are $97. When in reality they are close enough (distance wise) to be $252. That screams 'obstructed view' to me. I hope not :(

No the soundboard is clearly on the exact opposite end of the field.

Also, notably those sections I mentioned? They are $97. When in reality they are close enough (distance wise) to be $252. That screams 'obstructed view' to me. I hope not :(

that back section you refer to are tickets that are elevated about 15 feet above the floor

that rectangular section may be different stage section for NA, or special VIP section

My guest would be that if they are saying no wristbands, that would mean lottery, as i am sure i have seen some seating plans with a some sort of fence/barrier infront of the circle.

But what happens when people need to go use the bathroom? How will security be able to tell the lottery winners (people with a right to be in the ellipse) from those who should be in the back?

:confused:

that back section you refer to are tickets that are elevated about 15 feet above the floor

that rectangular section may be different stage section for NA, or special VIP section

The greyed out area? That doesn't make alot of sense. The VIP packages are not there, they are in the first and third base 100s (according to someone here who bought 2 for like $900+). The Red Zone is, well, as marked. No, I think this is some sort of structure. Hopefully not an obstructing one!

Same with NZ GA. First in line got in the Bomb Shelter.

I'm sure the circular walk stage that encircles the stage will serve the same purpose this time. I don't know how they would manage it without wristbands, unless the enclosed people have access to their own baths and beer (doubtful).

Mark

I'm trying to remember NZ, but I think I didn't get any wristband to get into the front area but once I was in there got a hand stamp to be able to get in and out.

I'm trying to remember NZ, but I think I didn't get any wristband to get into the front area but once I was in there got a hand stamp to be able to get in and out.

Yep,that's how it worked. You only got your hand stamped if you actually left. I never left the stage, so I never got a handstamp. There was basically no real marker or anything unless you left. And if I recall correctly, there wasn't really any separation of sections of GA until the first section where we were filled up. I could be wrong, though...it seems too long ago!

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while now. I was wondering if anyone knew how getting into the "claw" is going to work on this tour? Is the only way to get in thru the random upgrade/ lottery? Or if you get there early enough will you be able to get inside of it?

But what happens when people need to go use the bathroom? How will security be able to tell the lottery winners (people with a right to be in the ellipse) from those who should be in the back?

:confused:

If there is no lottery (first come first serve), who says you have the right to be there all night? You go to the beer stand - someone else can take your place.

I'm way behind on news, so forgive me if this has been posted. I got an email (google alert) stating:

U2 Confirms Opening Acts, Dates For Fall Shows | KBS Radio (KBS Radio, Canada)

Confirmed North American tour dates for U2 (subject to change):
September 12 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
September 16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
September 20 - Boston, MA - Gilette Stadium
September 24 - New York, NY - Giants Stadium
September 29 - Washington, DC - FedEx Field
October 1 - Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium
October 3 - Raleigh, NC - Stadium
October 6 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome
October 9 - Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium
October 12 - Dallas, TX - Cowboys Stadium
October 14 - Houston, TX - Reliant Stadium
October 19 - Norman, OK - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
October 20 - Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
October 23 - Las Vegas, NV - Sam Boyd Stadium
October 25 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl
October 28 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium

Don't know if this is really confirmed, or if they are reporting the dates that we saw a couple of weeks ago that were yet to be confirmed :shrug: :reject:

<<<back to work :grumpy:

ETA: Nothing on the tour page at U2.com, so I'm guessing the above was just the rumored dates we saw.

^That fits with the information I have regarding the Washington DC show. I can't speak to the rest.

^That fits with the information I have regarding the Washington DC show. I can't speak to the rest.

And this morning ticketmaster briefly posted the Georgia Dome date on their website and Reliant Park in Houston has had the show posted on their website for several days now.

The announcement must be imminent. :drool:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while now. I was wondering if anyone knew how getting into the "claw" is going to work on this tour? Is the only way to get in thru the random upgrade/ lottery? Or if you get there early enough will you be able to get inside of it?

No one knows at this moment. More will be known after the first concert.

Yep,that's how it worked. You only got your hand stamped if you actually left. I never left the stage, so I never got a handstamp. There was basically no real marker or anything unless you left. And if I recall correctly, there wasn't really any separation of sections of GA until the first section where we were filled up. I could be wrong, though...it seems too long ago!

Wow! My memory sucks.:doh:
You're right it was a green marker on your neck in NZ, not a wristband.

Too many Vertigo shows.

Mark---where the hell did I get a wristband?

New North American Dates

For the sakes of humanity... When will the U2 camp release the other dates for this fall? When they released these dates before was it a mistake , or are there some changes going on?
When do you guys expect to see these dates? Maybe, hopefully next week?

Humanity? Really?

I mean, I realize our society is fragile, but I did not realize it all could crumble with the lack of announcement from a musical group.

Patience. They wouldn't want to lie to you. :D

The world as we know it is at risk, dude.

U2 announcing the rest of the tour dates is its own form of economic stimulus. Think of all of the additional airline and hotel reservations that will come out of it.

Personally, I blame gridlock in Congress for the Tour announcement delay.

Mark---and the economic trickle down from Ticketmaster. Those profits make it back into the U.S. economy right? Not just some greedy board members, right? :D

Back
Top Bottom