U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
another ticket question.....

Its boring I know

sorry if its been brought up before or if its posted somewere.

how can i get tickets without being a u2.com subscriber? can i just line up and wait the day of the show? will there be sales at the GA? can anyone direct me on a good way to get them! thanks

I can't figure this out -- When are the Presale dates?

I understand the U2.com website has a list of "on-sale to the public" dates. But when do the PRE-SALES start for each show?? Thank you.

I understand the U2.com website has a list of "on-sale to the public" dates. But when do the PRE-SALES start for each show?? Thank you.

We should be getting an email soon from U2.com announcing the presales this week for Paris, Dublin 1&2, Chorzow, London, Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff.

We should be getting an email soon from U2.com announcing the presales this week for Paris, Dublin 1&2, Chorzow, London, Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff.

OK, so the pre-sale announcements come periodically as the concert dates approach. Not ideal but good to know. Suppose we should monitor this forum every day in case our e-mail is being slow!

Its boring I know

sorry if its been brought up before or if its posted somewere.

how can i get tickets without being a u2.com subscriber? can i just line up and wait the day of the show? will there be sales at the GA? can anyone direct me on a good way to get them! thanks

You can try to get tickets through the General Sale which is after the presale.

Day of the show? slim chance only if they release tickets that day.

They are not selling all of the tickets during the presale.

When are the sale dates for the general public (U.S)? Anybody have any idea...you guys are pretty good at predicting these kinds of things! LOLO

Live Nation also states "more info coming soon" for UK gigs

I hope it goes on sale on a Saturday as Live Nation is blocked at my work and I dont want to take a days holiday just to get tickets!

Last edited:
Live Nation also states "more info coming soon" for UK gigs

I hope it goes on sale on a Saturday as Live Nation is blocked at my work and I dont want to take a days holiday just to get tickets!

Initial announcement said Fri 20th March. I know that's been taken down now, but Friday's are custom & practice for the UK. I don't expect it to be anything but Fri 20th.

A Pretty Dumb Question...but a question nevertheless

If one is not a member of u2.com and is a regular concertgoer what would be the best chance at purchasing tickets for this upcoming tour?

-Computer?
-In person?

I know it's a stupid question but I'm staying with a gal in Vancouver whose never seen the band and really wants tickets.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any idea of the exact date that the tickets for the Vancouver show will be going on sale?

Thanks.

Day of the show? slim chance only if they release tickets that day.

Unless Livenation is very different from Ticketmaster in this respect - I disagree. Due to Ticketmaster's idiotic method of holding back many of the best seats, I've scored some great tickets to many shows with high demand(U2 included) by checking online a few days before, or the the day of, and specifically the 3-4 hours before showtime when it goes offline and the venue box office opens up. With all these (U.S.) $250 tickets and a huge number of GA's for each show, I'm hopeful people won't have too difficult a time getting what they want.

If one is not a member of u2.com and is a regular concertgoer what would be the best chance at purchasing tickets for this upcoming tour?

-Computer?
-In person?

I know it's a stupid question but I'm staying with a gal in Vancouver whose never seen the band and really wants tickets.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any idea of the exact date that the tickets for the Vancouver show will be going on sale?

Thanks.

I would say online is the best way to go.

Keep checking u2.com on the tour page to find out when the sales will be. Also we will be updating this thread in the Tour Dates forum:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f308/official-tour-dates-updated-march-14th-194998.html

U2 360 Tour Presented by BlackBerry Opening Weekend Performances Sell Out!

U2 360 Tour Presented by BlackBerry Opening Weekend Performances Sell Out!

312,000 tickets sold over 2 days

2ND SHOWS ADDED Gothenburg; Milan; Amsterdam

Additional show confirmed for Dublin

Tickets on sale this week in the UK; France, Ireland, Italy and Poland

LOS ANGELES, March 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- With sales of over 312,000 tickets in 24 hours, U2 fans worldwide are ready to "get on their boots" as U2 360 Tour, presented by BlackBerry(R), announces complete sell-outs in Gothenburg, Milan and Amsterdam this weekend.

Friday morning, sales in Gothenburg were so brisk, that after 30 minutes a 2nd and final show (August 1st) was added with 56,000 tickets per show completely sold out by end of day. Amsterdam broke that record Saturday with the July 20th ArenA performance selling 60,000 tickets within 15 minutes of going on sale. A 2nd performance July 21st was immediately announced and put on sale and is also now sold out. Milan's 80,000 capacity San Siro was also completely sold out by Sunday evening and tickets for a 2nd performance July 8th in Milan will go on sale this Friday, March 20th.

In Dublin, reaction to last week's world tour announcement was so strong that a 2nd performance at Croke Park was confirmed prior to tickets even being put on sale. Tickets for both the July 24th and 25th performances will go on sale this Friday, March 20th. Additional on-sales this week include: Paris & Nice; Chorzow Poland, and London, Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff in the UK.

In keeping with their long-standing tradition, U2 will welcome a number of different support acts to the tour including: Snow Patrol (Milan, Nice, Gothenburg); Glasvegas (Dublin, Glasgow, Cardiff), Elbow (London, Sheffield), Kaiser Chiefs (Paris, Dublin), and Black Eyed Peas with additional artists to be announced.

U2 360 Tour follows the release of their 12th studio album "No Line On The Horizon" which debuted at #1 in over 30 territories.

The U2 360 tour is sponsored by BlackBerry(R) and produced by Live Nation Global Touring.

VISIT U2.com > Welcome FOR THE VIRTUAL CONCERT EXPERIENCE!

EUROPEAN TOUR SCHEDULE:

Special Guest: On sale:

30-JUNE BARCELONA, SP NOU CAMP
07-JULY MILAN, IT SAN SIRO Snow Patrol SOLD OUT!
08-JULY MILAN, IT SAN SIRO Snow Patrol Mar. 20
11-JULY PARIS, FR STADE DE FRANCE Kaiser Chiefs Mar. 20
15-JULY NICE, FR CHARLES EHRMANN Snow Patrol Mar. 20 NIKAIA
18-JULY BERLIN, DE OLYMPIC STADIUM
20-JULY AMSTERDAM, NL ArenA TBC SOLD OUT!
21-JULY AMSTERDAM, NL ArenA TBC SOLD OUT! 24-JULY DUBLIN, IE CROKE PARK Glasvegas Mar. 20
25-JULY DUBLIN, IE CROKE PARK Kaiser Chiefs Mar. 20
31-JULY GOTHENBURG, SE ULLEVI Snow Patrol SOLD OUT!
01-AUG GOTHENBURG, SE ULLEVI Snow Patrol SOLD OUT!
06-AUG. CHORZOW, PL SLASKI STADIUM Snow Patrol Mar. 20
10-AUG. ZAGREB, HR MAKSIMIR STADIUM
14-AUG. LONDON, UK WEMBLEY STADIUM Elbow Mar. 20
18-AUG. GLASGOW, UK HAMPDEN PARK Glasvegas Mar. 20
20-AUG. SHEFFIELD, UK DON VALLEY STADIUM Elbow Mar. 20
22-AUG. CARDIFF, UK MILLENNIUM STADIUM Glasvegas Mar. 20

So at least 10 shows go on sale this weekend, plus potentially some additional shows if some of the 10 sell out fast enough.

Good luck. Some people are going to be awful busy trying to track down multiple tickets.

Strange they are only having one support per show? last time out we got 2, i.e. manchester 1 had The Bravery and Snow Patrol.

Strange they are only having one support per show? last time out we got 2, i.e. manchester 1 had The Bravery and Snow Patrol.

Probably more to be announced later. Last time, both the support acts for a single show often weren't announced at the same time.

Probably more to be announced later. Last time, both the support acts for a single show often weren't announced at the same time.

Ah your right, if i remember correctly Snow Patrol where the only support announced at first,

sorry my bad.

come on, everyone knows those weren't ALL the tickets.
Stadiums bring out tickets step by step, the initial batch is sold out, yeah, but not all of it.
I'm basing my entire Paris trip on this so I better be right.

^ It IS right. "Sold out" is never really "sold out", of course the tickets come in batches, there is only a certain quota of tickets for pre-sale. Like I said before, I have always been able to get into every concert I wanted, even those that were "sold out" officially. There are always certain batches of tickets available after the official pre sale sites close the sale. So I don't think anyone needs to worry. But I understand the worries, these are turbulent times. I don't pity people trying to get tickets for multiple shows this coming weekend. I think the system sucks, because it's really difficult tracking down tickets if you want to go to more than one show and all the sales are starting at the same day. :crazy:

Well I bought No Doubt tickets through Live Nation on Sunday and it went pretty smoothly. They also just emailed me today to tell me that the tickets have shipped :up:

I've bought a few shows in the last couple weeks from them. I notice they ship pretty much same day or next day and the tickets are HUGE, like 3" x 6".

Back
Top Bottom