Tour Visuals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theFly51

New Yorker
Ok I don't if i'm posting this in the right forum but....

I was looking at the stage design on U2.com and I was wondering is the 360degree screen just gonna keep a constant view on the band or are they gonna have some sort of visuals for each song?

How do you think the visuals will be for the songs on NLOTH?

And for the old tunes, you think they would change them up or keep them the same? Ex: walking man from SYCMIOYO or the texts from The Fly

I think the screen will be wide enough to have some sort of spectacular visual like the flags montage that played at the beginning of WTSHNN, but I could be wrong....

your thoughts?

Ya I'm not sure, I think it will be used for both (like POPmart), the screen will be massive if the CLAW is 164 feet tall (it needs to be so the people in the 2nd/3rd tier can see) - I think the visuals will be spectacular I'm sure, as U2 seems to be trying to go high-tech on this tour! Very excited.

I was thinking if they do bring back The Fly or UTEOTW, maybe the texts/numbers will circle around the screen really fast or have two different texts going opposite ways and inter crossing with each other

Well we've already seen some visuals for Boots, so I'm pretty sure we're going to have some type of animations and what not other than just shots of the band.

some are speculating the canopy of the claw will have images projected onto it. for elevation and vertigo, you had the band close-ups above the stage and the visuals behind them. maybe the canopy will offer a similar mix

For the round video screen, I could see a chyron-type effect being used (the scrolling info at the bottom, sometimes top of news channels). That would be cool for The Fly (although I don't really need to hear/see The Fly again.). It could be words or images with the band still on the screen in the middle.

I'm sure there will be other video screens of some type. Like people have suggested--the Claw Legs could have something.

Mark---and then there's whole middle-spike thing or Bonor.

Streets and The Fly aside, they haven't ever reused graphics tour-to-tour, so don't expect the Walking Man again any more than you'd expect the ape-man sequence if they did EBTTRT.

I doubt they'll pull out The Fly this time, but if they did... imagine how immense the 2001 arrangement would be in stadiums?!

For the round video screen, I could see a chyron-type effect being used (the scrolling info at the bottom, sometimes top of news channels). That would be cool for The Fly (although I don't really need to hear/see The Fly again.)

:tsk: The Fly is always awesome live.

The one thing I see being different with the 360 tour is that the band won't have visuals DIRECTLY behind them. Thinking back to the U23D video, all the camerapeople had to do was zoom in on the band and have constantly changing backdrops that made the show interesting. Now that the visuals will be above the band I think the way we view the band will change a lot.

I also imagine that the setup will affect the lighting of the whole stadium more than previous tours. Since so many lights will be strung up on the claw I can easily see them casting lots of different colored spotlights/effects over the crowd instead of all the light emanating from an endzone stage.

I expect the experience of those in the GA/under the claw to be MUCH different from the visuals that people up in the balconies or across the stadium will see.

Can't wait! :hyper:

I'm sure the visuals will be awsome :hyper:

I wonder if they'll have additonal screens to show the band (for the people who are in the more distant seats) and if the 360 screen will be mostly used for visuals :hmm:

U2 would NEVER do a show without visuals.

Neo Hall, promoter of U2 concerts in Spain since 1992, says this about the visuals in an interview with the spanish newspaper El Pais (translated by Goggle Translate)

"I think that the circular stage of the mast is over 50 meters tall, it will be seen from outside the Nou Camp," he explains. "The structure of the scene is like a giant four-legged spider, and the screen that surrounds it is mobile, it contracts, expands, and acts as translucent curtain backdrop projection. Come on, dazzling.

About this screen, Neo tells a story: "The team from the tour were three bids for the display, an expensive, other means and finally the cheap. They proved with the environment and found that in certain conditions, could problems, so I opted for the expensive. As they told me, who gave them the screen told them that he did not see why so many doubt if the total difference in price was led by 1 euro. He forgot that the screen has 500,000 leds . Neo estimated 12 cameras will live images of the group, which will complement, it is assumed spectacular display audiovisual projections."

It will be nice!

500.000 leds?

:ohmy:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Popmart one "only" had 150.000, right?

Well, if the whole thing can also be seen from outside the stadiums, why do we all bother so much to get tickets? :lol:

Just ask someone who lives in the upper floor of a building next to the stadium if you can come and watch.

Wow. All of this really sounds spectacular.

Well, if the whole thing can also be seen from outside the stadiums, why do we all bother so much to get tickets? :lol:

Just ask someone who lives in the upper floor of a building next to the stadium if you can come and watch.

Wow. All of this really sounds spectacular.

The sound system will cause each concert to be mistaken for a hydrogen bomb exploding... so we'll be able to hear it across each city, too!

Us poor souls in whatever is left of each stadium are going to come out either as craters or, at least, totally deaf.

Back
Top Bottom