Tour Rumours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i want the tour announcement to hurry up too.. I may fly to dublin to see them there.:hyper: Depending on the prices for airfares, hotels etc. Me and the spousal unit are in discussions about it. :D

My tax return will cover the airfare and I just got it back. A girl I work with told me to wait to book it because the prices might go down.

This thread is getting me super excited about the tour! I've never seen U2 live (I'm 22 now and couldn't afford to go on the last tour) so I'm really looking forward to getting to a show. I'm bummed that they may play stadiums, because I know that I'm going to end up so far from the stage. But I'm excited nonetheless!!!!!:hyper:

I hope they announce something soon, I have to plan some vacation time around this. I just hope they come to Detroit, I don't see why they wouldn't, but you never know I suppose.

A friend of mine from Rome called me, that in the radio it was announced, that U2 are thought to play in Rome on August 3rd ... let's see!

we received this...

http://www.zooitalia.com/cms/tour/le-date-del-tour.html

The source is another website who received an email from an another fan.
This guy claims to have a cousin in LiveNation!!!

The last concert will be free in an open space with live tv streaming!

-------------
EUROPEAN OUTDOOR LEG

June 27 Barcelona, Camp Nou
June 28 Barcelona, Camp Nou
June 30 Sevilla , Olimpic Stadium
July 02 Lisbon, Portugal, Estadio Jose Alvalade
July 05 Zurich, Switzerland ,Letzigrund Stadium
July 06 Milan ,Italy, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
July 08 Marseille,France, Stade Velodrome
July 10 Paris ,France ,Stade De France
July 11 Paris ,France ,Stade De France
July 13 Brussels, Belgium , Roi Baudouin Stadium
July 14 Brussels, Belgium , Roi Baudouin Stadium
July 16 Amsterdam, Netherlands , Amsterdam Arena
July 17 Amsterdam, Netherlands , Amsterdam Arena
July 20 London, England ,Wembley Stadium
July 21 London, England ,Wembley Stadium
July 23 Cardiff, Wales ,Millennium Stadium
July 25 Dublin, Ireland , Croke Park
July 26 Dublin, Ireland , Croke Park
July 27 Glasgow, Scotland, Hampden Park
July 29 Oslo, Norway ,Vallehovin Stadion
July 31 Stockholm,Sweden ,Olympic Stadium
Aug. 01 Helsinki, Finland , Olympic Stadium
Aug. 03 Rome , Italy , Olympic Stadium
Aug. 06 Vienna, Austria , Ernst Happel Stadium
Aug. 07 Bucharest, Romania , Steaua Stadium
Aug. 09 Moscow, Russia, Luzhniki Stadium
Aug. 12 Copenhagen, Denmark ,Parken
Aug. 13 Warsaw, Poland , Gwardia Stadium
Aug. 20 Berlin, Germany ,Olympiastadion
Aug. 21 Berlin, Germany ,Olympiastadion
Aug. 22 Munich, Germany , Allianz Arena
Aug. 24 Zagreb ,Croatia ,Maksimir Stadium
Aug. 25 Sofia, Bulgarian ,Vasil Levski Stadium
Aug. 27 Istanbul ,Turkey, Atatùrk Olympic Stadium - not confirmed -
Aug. 29 Athens, Greek, Olimpic Stadium
Sep. 05 Sicily,Italy, Festival Ground) -not confirmed -

------------------

What do you think?

Valencia is confirmed at the Autodromo on the 3rd of July in Spanish Newspaper....this tourdates looks like.....:lol: ....missing my backyard they play.

Double night in Brussels and in Berlin.....shure and also a tripple night in Timbuktu also.

Yeah Moscow, Zagreb, Athens, Istambul, Sicily....shure....i would say it with Adams words from Rattle and Hum...."I think this is kind a bullshit"

ok.. thank you.. but this is an "official" news

I have talked a minute ago with one of my source (an italian friend of Bono).

he said that this Tuesday will be decided the dates of the concerts here in Italy. It's very very probably only 2 dates: Milan San Siro 7-8 July!

ok.. thank you.. but this is an "official" news

I have talked a minute ago with one of my source (an italian friend of Bono).

he said that this Tuesday will be decided the dates of the concerts here in Italy. It's very very probably only 2 dates: Milan San Siro 7-8 July!

Okay, don't get me wrong. But your new info collides with your dates for Milan (6th July), Marseille (8th July) and Rome (3rd August) – I know, what you mean with "official", but ...?

official is the italian promoter.

I've talked with him 30 minutes ago, he said that this calendar is not reliable, it's probably fake!

he said that this Tuesday should receive notice of the final dates in italy from the management. It's very very probably only 2 dates, 7-8 july in Milan. Not Rome in August.

we received this...

http://www.zooitalia.com/cms/tour/le-date-del-tour.html

The source is another website who received an email from an another fan.
This guy claims to have a cousin in LiveNation!!!

The last concert will be free in an open space with live tv streaming!

-------------
EUROPEAN OUTDOOR LEG

Aug. 27 Istanbul ,Turkey, Atatùrk Olympic Stadium - not confirmed -
Sep. 05 Sicily,Italy, Festival Ground) -not confirmed -

------------------

What do you think?

Are those 'not confirmed' ones meant to create the illusion that the rest are confirmed?

I think we need to take the whole list as 'not confirmed'.

the last date for wembley stadium to hold concerts this summer is the 18th july. as they will be laying the pitch for the new football season the following week. so they can't be playing on the 20th and 21st. lets just wait and see everyone!!!

Only 2 dates for amsterdam? bullshit. Holland has been getting 3 nights for as long as I can remember.
This list looks way too alike the vertigo tour dates to be real. And wtf, Russia, romania, bulgary and turkey? Sicilia? U2's never played there!

Got a word from my ticket broker friend about the stage set up this morning.

It's in the round (he said the diagram given to his comapny was a heart shaped stage but he thinks it's a temp design since they've already used the heart) the thing that he told me which i will believe when I see it (and he said the same cause he doesn't know how thye'd do this) is that the stage lifts up mezzanine level, leaving no bad seats in the house.

He said there were dates booked for meadowlands in NJ and that all the shows they've been told about so far have been outdoor with a strong rumor from Live Nation that U2 may be ending their 2 year tour with shows at MSG here in NY.

We'll see.

I was able to speak very briefly to Paul McGuinness yesterday as he was getting into his car at the hotel to go to the Grammys. I asked him when the tour would be announced and he said "mid March". I then asked if it was stadiums only and he said "yes".

As I said in another thread here;

The devil is in the details. As far as we know, this tour announcement could be just for the European Leg. A mid-March announcement, an end of March ticket sale, 3 months till the first gig. That puts it at the end of June at the earliest. I really don't believe that a NA tour announcement is coming out so soon. We'll see.

edit - I just noticed that these thoughts are completely in line with the Spain rumours (end of June/ early July).

It makes sense that they are ONLY talking stadiums when the tour announcement ONLY concerns the European Leg. I am assuming the NA leg (Leg 2) gets another announcement sometime this Summer.

Back
Top Bottom