Tour Rumours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, here's a tour rumours thead :hyper:

So what about these rumours? Are they confirmed? Will U2 tour in 2009? And if so: Where? And when and how can I buy tickets?

:cute:

U2 aren't touring until 2011. They'll be playing theatres, and probably won't even sell them out. U2.com members get free GA to a show of their choice!

I heard there will be no alcohol served at these shows since Bono is an inch away from being an addict.

There is actually a secret service charge they charge at the door because U2 are whores that hate the poor.

They will not play one single song pre 2000 except One because they only want the pop kids, and you will get ejected if you even mention the album Pop.

there's been murmurs of Acrobat, Mofo and Lemon non-stop since Edge dropped hints in that interview in january

They're rehearsing "The Wanderer" as an encore. Johnny Cash's ghost will appear in 30-foot-tall hologram form. It will be followed by "Wake Up Dead Man", thus showing that Pop-era irony is back in fashion.

They should just have will.i.am be the hologram at the shows where Black Eyed Peas are opening - he already has experience being a hologram from CNN's election night coverage.

Part of my original prediction was based on the assumption that Philly and Washington, DC would be included on the first North American leg. And he damn well knows that. But now that the actual dates are out, he also knows that if Philly wasn't skipped on this first North American leg, the Washington, DC show wouldn't have a hope in hell in selling out. And that scenario can be utilized for many different markets on this tour...

Don't forget Atlanta and the Georgia Dome, whats your explanation for that one?

They may not be playing Philadelphia on this leg of the tour, but based on how rapid the sellouts were in New York, minutes for the first, less than 2 hours for the second show, they could easily fill up a show at Lincoln Financial Field in Philly.

What you seem to be leaving out is the fact that U2 is playing a stadium show just south of Washington DC in Charlottesville VA. Charlottesville VA is closer to Washington DC than Philadelphia and definitely impacts the DC market more than Philadelphia does. Yet, they are on their way to filling a 60,000 seat stadium there. Even if the arguement about Philly was correct, you can't ignore the impact that the show in Charlottesville has on the DC market. You also can't ignore how fast they soldout in New York. New York and Philadelphia are much closer together than Philadelphia and Washington DC.

While its true on other stadium tours U2 played both Washington DC and Philadelphia on the same leg, they did not have stadium shows in central Virginia and central North Carolina. While you could argue that not playing Philly helps DC, playing Charlottesville hurts DC attendance, and to a lesser extent so does Raleigh.

Back
Top Bottom