Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean not released this year, or none of the concerts performed this year will be filmed for eventual DVD release? I can believe the former, but not the latter.

I don't think we'l see one filmed or released this year on DVD.

Something tells me they will go Popmart or ZooTV with this one and leave it late. South America hopefully

Los Angeles
It's time and it WILL happen.
One night only at the Rose Bowl
90,000+ people.
Second to last date of the U.S tour.

As a resident in the LA area, and fan going to the Rose Bowl show, I would love to have a blu-ray disc of this show. It certainly does make sence, with one of the largest capacity shows near the end of the leg with a well-rehearsed band on top of their game, in one of the largest markets. Only downside is having to wait until 2010 to get the recorded show.

Well, they could go for a compilation. They're filming footage EVERY NIGHT sofar, and as far as I know they're saving what comes on the big screen. So who knows..

They bring out a box set with all the gigs separately:wink: I would totally buy that.

It'd be ridiculous if their third tour DVD running was filmed in the US.

one from the US, and one non-US seems to have been the trend for the last three dvds. That is if you count Milan as a complete dvd.

Id probably be okay with one from the Rose Bowl and then one from _____________

no need for 2 releases this time. Boston to Slane were 2 completely different productions. Same with Chicago to Milan. This time around it's just 1 big Claw so I think they will settle for the one release.

Santiago would be perfect but I think they will fo for a complete oval stadium for full visual impact of 360 so Sao Pauol (Morumbi), Rose Bowl or Wembley. I'd be more than happy with any of those

no need for 2 releases this time. Boston to Slane were 2 completely different productions. Same with Chicago to Milan. This time around it's just 1 big Claw so I think they will settle for the one release.

Santiago would be perfect but I think they will fo for a complete oval stadium for full visual impact of 360 so Sao Pauol (Morumbi), Rose Bowl or Wembley. I'd be more than happy with any of those

why not two releases? The tour (if continued next year) could likely evolve enough to take on another life...along with new songs perhaps....so why not have a release from the second or third leg and then a fourth leg?

I think it is absolutely a possibility for one DVD from either of the first 2 legs, and one from a show post-songs of ascent

why not two releases? The tour (if continued next year) could likely evolve enough to take on another life...along with new songs perhaps....so why not have a release from the second or third leg and then a fourth leg?

The 1992 and 1993 versions of Zoo TV were very different productions, yet there was only ever one official release.

Not another US recorded concert please FFS!
European Crowds are far better.....Not just my opinion, but most recording artists I have heard asked the question also!
I am having a mental block, but i think i am right in saying, Slane is the only official full (ish) concert there is from Europe from the 30 yrs u2 been going

At the very least, i would like to see a compilation of the (percieved) best performances of each song appear on the DVD.

European Crowds are far better.....Not just my opinion, but most recording artists I have heard asked the question also!
I am having a mental block, but i think i am right in saying, Slane is the only official full (ish) concert there is from Europe from the 30 yrs u2 been going

It's crazy to realize that, but it's true... unless you count Stockholm '92 or something, which was easily good enough to be officially released (that show... :drool: ).

The last two tours had stadium and arena setup so it was a part of why we got two DVDs. (I'm not sure Slane was planned officially as Boston or Chicago were - but certainly Milan would not have happened if it wasn't for U218).

This time, one stage setup entire tour and one DVD, shot this year. Recent releases - U23D leaves out S. America and Milan leaves out Europe (additionally if you were counting on Croke they already filmed the hometown show with Slane). Since they probably won't wait with the shoot until 2010 (let alone as late as those final Autumn dates in Australia/S. America/etc), it's back to the States. After Chicago and Boston, New York is the obvious choice. Maybe Wembley but we'd be hearing rumours by now.

And I really don't think we're getting a compilation DVD with "song _____ from _____" with 22 songs from 22 locations.

The 1992 and 1993 versions of Zoo TV were very different productions, yet there was only ever one official release.

So? This isn't 1992/93 now is it :sexywink:

Okay maybe the do one "official release" outside of America just to make everyone happy :wink: and then a limited edition DVD at the Rose Bowl or wherever to go along with fan club renewal? Or to go along with SOA limited edition?

At the very least, i would like to see a compilation of the (percieved) best performances of each song appear on the DVD.

I completely AGREE with the above statements! :applaud:

Now let´s see if they will do it.
Most likely never.

Am I the only one who doesn't want a compilation?

I remeber the cries when people found out Boston Elevation and Chicago Vertigo were split over a few nights.

I much prefer the cohesion of one full show.

Yes a mix of 2 shows like Boston and Chicago would suck but knowing that fucktard Hamish Hamilton it will probably happen. I'd actually like to see a live PPV broadcast like the Zoo TV Sydney and POPMart Mexico shows were.

Oh and Dan, those edits were pretty obvious at least on the Boston DVD when Edge throws down his guitar.

^ If you're talking about Gone, I am fairly sure that he is using the same guitar, it's just the way the red followspots catch the black when it is reflecting plain white light. There is a shot from a lower angle where the guitat turns from black to red. It is clearly black from above, but there are shots where it appears red.

^ we dont even know when/if a DVD is being made (safe to assume there will be one though), so how could we know Hamish F Hamilton is involved?

Am I the only one who doesn't want a compilation?

I remeber the cries when people found out Boston Elevation and Chicago Vertigo were split over a few nights.

I much prefer the cohesion of one full show.

Filming a DVD for just the 1 night is risking the chances of mistakes, filming over 2 nights imo relaxes the band more.

granted, they will film in HD

Chicago(shown in genuine 1080ip on US TV?) and U23D were HD. Probably Milan as well. R&H is film so that too can be HD ready is mastered properly(the HDDVD got lukewarm reviews due to compression formats)

I THINK Sydney and Mexico now looks on DVD as good as they ever will. Although audio can be greatly enhanced on blu-ray.

No idea about Boston, Slane or the Lovetown Australia/Dublin video formats.

so what's all this talk of DVD? wouldn't you guys want Blu-ray?

anything over Canadian Cable is compressed to shit, blame Rogers, Shaw, Cogeco, EastLink on that front, so I would not want to watch anything special on PPV neither.

Back
Top Bottom