Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the DVD will be filmed next year. I see no reasoning behind a first leg DVD.

We've had 2 DVD releases each for the last 2 tours sure, but I reckon that's only because they had 2 different stages per leg. We had indoor 'intimate' Elevation, and the rarer outdoor setup for Slane.

Same again with Vertigo with the 1st leg arena setup and the stadium setup for Milan. I reckon they will do a ZooTV or Popmart style release this time and just do the single release

No reason? The 2010 leg is potentially in support of another album, meaning the two years of the tour would be showcasing different songs, also this is Paul McGuinness' band we're talking about here, they have to have something to sell us in November. I bet we get a 2009 DVD and a 2010 one.

Actually, I couldn't care less where they're filming....Just don't hire that guy named Hamilton.:down:

yeah PLEASE PLEASE dont hire that bloodnut again

and who cares where and how many dvds I will just string the best youtube bits together and make my own ( proberbly better than hamiltons efforts)

Los Angeles
It's time and it WILL happen.
One night only at the Rose Bowl
90,000+ people.
Second to last date of the U.S tour.

I was thinking that U2 might do a 360 documentary "DVD/Blu Ray" with the different songs performed in different stadiums/cities. The cameras their using at the shows look pretty impressive. Boom/track cameras are recording every show. I think they could take that footage and release a movie of some sort on DVD of course. As an extra disc they might just have the best show just to have a complete show.

I was thinking that U2 might do a 360 documentary "DVD/Blu Ray" with the different songs performed in different stadiums/cities. The cameras their using at the shows look pretty impressive. Boom/track cameras are recording every show. I think they could take that footage and release a movie of some sort on DVD of course. As an extra disc they might just have the best show just to have a complete show.

I can kinda see where your coming from here. Like there doing a long interview aswell as talking about the tour, and the interview cuts out into a song from a certain show, although a full dvd concert would be better, this would be interesting.

For what it's worth, I didn't see any obvious additional cameras in Dublin (above and beyond those feeding the video screens). Much as it pains me to say this, I wouldn't have filmed any of the Dublin shows for the simple reason that they aren't demonstrative of the full 360 experience (with one whole side of the stadium empty). I predict that, if they want a DVD out this year, it'll be filmed on the US leg - if nothing else, the band still seem to be fine-tuning and adjusting the setlist on a rolling basis.

For what it's worth, I didn't see any obvious additional cameras in Dublin (above and beyond those feeding the video screens). Much as it pains me to say this, I wouldn't have filmed any of the Dublin shows for the simple reason that they aren't demonstrative of the full 360 experience (with one whole side of the stadium empty). I predict that, if they want a DVD out this year, it'll be filmed on the US leg - if nothing else, the band still seem to be fine-tuning and adjusting the setlist on a rolling basis.

Yes Dublin will be very unlikely for getting the DVD, 2 reasons, first, like you said, 1 stand is empty so they cant release a tour dvd saying 360 when the video shows a none 360 experience, and second reason dublin has already had a dvd, my bets are on London, Amsterdam or Paris for the Europe dvd.

There was a time lapse camera set up just beneath my seat just as the show ened tonight at Croke. Looks like it was recording the take down of the stage. We have got these time lapse things as bonuses on previous DVD releases.

There was a time lapse camera set up just beneath my seat just as the show ened tonight at Croke. Looks like it was recording the take down of the stage. We have got these time lapse things as bonuses on previous DVD releases.

Dublin wont be the DVD, the stadium doesnt appeal to a 360 crowd as the small stand was well empty or something. But as a phew others said, we might get a dvd with songs from all shows, and an interview with the lads dropped in-between the performances.

Dublin wont be the DVD, the stadium doesnt appeal to a 360 crowd as the small stand was well empty or something. But as a phew others said, we might get a dvd with songs from all shows, and an interview with the lads dropped in-between the performances.

yea no doubt Dublin won't be the DVD but the time lapse could be on there as a bonus feature

Just for a change, I'd love to see a DVD from S America or Australasia. The Vertigo TV broadcasts from S America were amazing, and so a pro-shot DVD release would be very welcome (only if Hamish Hamilton isn't directing though - I wish he'd watch Rattle and Hum to see how to shoot U2 live). But, if / when the tour reaches more distant territories, a new album could've been released and so the setlist could be very different from the present one. So I agree with everybody's who's suggesting two DVDs shot in different territories. If they want a DVD out for this Christmas, then we should see evidence of this at a concert(s) in the near future. But, will they bother if there's clearly going to be a Super Deluxe version of The Unforgettable Fire out this autumn? Could that in fact be this year's product?

Seeing the Crazy Tonight promo and rewatching the COBL begs the question, why not have Alexander Courtes film an entire concert? He gets a lot closer to bring the spectacle to film than Hamish Hamilton or even those behind the 90's film. Just whoever films it and wherever its done, its time someone got the point that music DVDs need way less edits/cuts than they use nowadays.

Muse filmed in Wembley with a daylight start and it turned out alright. Fair enough their setup was nothing like this but still.. . .

Mid August sunset will be just before 8:30pm, coumple that with the fact that the opening at the top of Wembley is about the size of a postage stamp then it could be pretty dark by 8pm. Might they get special permission to close the roof for the first half hour for the sake of filming a DVD?, then open the roof during the show perhaps? Pipe dreams maybe

I'm betting on no DVD this year though

Back
Top Bottom