Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some stadiums I don't think have them cause a lot of them are way outside the city. I am not sure about Giants Stadium. It doesn't really have a lot of housing around it, close enough to effect them. Same with Gillette.

SMB

Wait. Don't most arenas have curfews to make neighbors happy?

Arenas answer to the union of the ushers/staff. If the act goes overtime they pay a fine($1,000 minute, several thousand for ever minute beyond the first 10-20 minutes)

There's a Pearl Jam live DVD where Vedder introduces the last song as "The next song will cost us $14,000 to perform, it's ok, you earned it"

Wembley Stadium threatened u2 with a lifetime ban if they went overtime. Sports game are allowed to end when overtime finishes.

Arenas answer to the union of the ushers/staff. If the act goes overtime they pay a fine($1,000 minute, several thousand for ever minute beyond the first 10-20 minutes)

There's a Pearl Jam live DVD where Vedder introduces the last song as "The next song will cost us $14,000 to perform, it's ok, you earned it"

Wembley Stadium threatened u2 with a lifetime ban if they went overtime. Sports game are allowed to end when overtime finishes.

That was OLD Wembley!! LOL (i need to look that story up! have never heard that before!)
Would new Wembley really ban U2 for life?!

Wait...didn't Oasis put out a pretty good concert video from Wembley?!

My vote is for Wembley or Gillette! :sexywink:

Foo Fighters just released a great DVD/Blu-ray, Live from Wembley Stadium (and their stage was open on all the sides like U2360)

Amsterdam, as the Dutch are pretty hardcore:wink: otherwise this

Come on, people. Surely the venue is obvious. The Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz!

Failing that, how has there not been a DVD of U2 live in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan? They've only played there never times!

Actually, I couldn't care less where they're filming....Just don't hire that guy named Hamilton.:down:

Dublin? Oh please god no...

The DVD will need a place that has seats behind the stage and it will need a fully open stadium in order to get great aerial shots.

I really think U2 would do better if filmed several shows more like R&H, but just make it a concert film.

from me,

foxboro would be dandy since they play their best shows in boston. but they did elevation from boston on dvd already. they'll probably do it on a two-stop location. i think they like the spontaneity that dublin affords them, so i would rule that out. given only the first three cities are multiple stops in north america, maybe it won't be on this leg. Toronto would be feasible though.

maybe they'll just wait till legs 3/4.

from nick,

the past few dvds have been released in november, so it would have to be shot on this leg for that to happen, unless they change it up

from nick,

the past few dvds have been released in november, so it would have to be shot on this leg for that to happen, unless they change it up

from me,

I bet they change it up this time around. they had released the past two albums october/november, and relased NLOTH in March this year. past calendars can be thrown into the trash.

I know it won't be Boston.

But this topic reminded me of how awesome my Boston show will be:drool::drool:

As long as there's a good crowd and there aren't any songs cut out I'll be ok.

I'd also love to see a third leg show, but that won't happen.

Please let it be Cardiff, the last night of the European leg, in one of the best stadiums around (and it even has a retractable roof, so if it rains, they can close it... or they can just close it to make the crowd louder). Their show there on the Vertigo tour was legendary. ... plus that's my show :drool: :wink:

I'm guessing Wembley or Dublin, third night. It's too early in the tour to be Nice. And no matter what, I'm sure we'll have a dvd by November/December, they won't waste Christmas time.

Back
Top Bottom