Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the first Vancouver show on Vertigo, while something was being fixed prior to U2 coming out, a roadie or someone came up on stage and thanked us for our patience, and said that U2 would be filming that concert for the DVD. Obviously that never happened, but it sure as hell got the crowd even more fired up!

I'd love to see a Canadian city get the tour DVD.

London is the obvious choice. They never film early as the show is raw, and then for the next month B's voice is up and down with the strain of touring. Should be hitting their stride in London, plus the 2 dates give them scope to record both and do a mix.

As for US, id love to see them film Toronto.

:lol:

Wembley for 2009, maybe NY, or even somewhere in a new part of the world (meaning for U2 DVDs, not uncharted lands) for 2010.

Toronto isn't in the U.S.

I'd love to see Giants Stadium, but that's because I'm seeing them there. :D

im aware of this. I was referring to the US leg of the tour.

Good luc at the show, ill be very jealous over here in the 3rd world country that dont get any shows on the tour :(

:wave:

wembley or stade de france is maybe a nice place to make an dvd film

11-07-2009 Paris (GA)
12-07-2009 Paris (seats)
21-07-2009 Amsterdam (seats)
03-08-2009 Gelsenkirchen (GA)
14-08-2009 London (GA)
20-09-2009 Boston MA (GA)
21-09-2009 Boston MA (seats)
24-09-2009 East Rutherford NJ (seats)

Come on, boys, let's give Washington, D.C. a DVD!

The nation's capital, Bono. That's gotta give you goosebumps. Give us a DVD, we never get one! D.C. doesn't have the prestige of a New York show. I don't know of a major band who has filmed a live DVD in DC.

Slane or not, what about the 3 dates in Dublin on this tour ? How's that for a DVD...

Slane or not, what about the 3 dates in Dublin on this tour ? How's that for a DVD...

If they did that, how awesome would it be if they did a gatefold arrangement that had all 3 shows?

It would be the ultimate tour DVD.

Massively changing setlist, bring out The Dublin Tapes, 45 DIFFERENT songs over three shows, plus the new staples.

where ever the hell it's filmed they need to get rid of hamish and get whoever does Springsteen's live videography...

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - The Wrestler - Live From Glendale, Arizona - Working On A Dream Tour - 2009

honestly... the images being shot live as it happens with such a spontaneous act such as Bruce is more striking, more dramatic and overall just better than the shit that hamish takes months to plan out.

the fact that he missed the most dramatic part of the show last tour... bono's emerging seemingly out of the middle of the crowd... for some overhead pan shot just shows that hamish should never be allowed to touch a u2 dvd again.

where ever the hell it's filmed they need to get rid of hamish and get whoever does Springsteen's live videography...

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - The Wrestler - Live From Glendale, Arizona - Working On A Dream Tour - 2009

honestly... the images being shot live as it happens with such a spontaneous act such as Bruce is more striking, more dramatic and overall just better than the shit that hamish takes months to plan out.

the fact that he missed the most dramatic part of the show last tour... bono's emerging seemingly out of the middle of the crowd... for some overhead pan shot just shows that hamish should never be allowed to touch a u2 dvd again.

i agree. the Chicago DVD was such a disaster. there's no need for all the switching cameras. i had a headache after watching it.

David Mallet over Hamish any day. His 'laid-back' direction of Zoo TV and Popmart makes them appear even more epic. And what this tour certainly will be by the looks of it is epic.

Back
Top Bottom