Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a little ambitious considering the state of the world economy. i can already picture half empty stadiums, in the US at least

I roughly figured out the pricing in another thread for 50-60,000 seat stadia.

$250 -7-10,000
$90 - 25-30,000
$55 - 5,000
$30 - 10,000

The trick is they are utilizing the seats behind the stage to juice up overall box office.

In London? They won't have any problem selling those. Should be an awesome show.

I think they should get the team that filmed U23D to do their DVDs from now on, especially the sound mixing!

As much as I'd love a New York DVD, I doubt it'll happen this tour. Since they're only supposedly playing football stadiums, that'll put U2 in New Jersey at Giants Stadium. It won't have the same effect as a DVD at Madison Square Garden (which I want someday.)

My vote is for Wembley Stadium.

In London? They won't have any problem selling those. Should be an awesome show.

I think they should get the team that filmed U23D to do their DVDs from now on, especially the sound mixing!

U2 official DVDs tend to be mixed pretty well in general, but U23D's mix is over-the-top awesome. Thank God it's better than the recordings of the Sao Paulo proshot broadcast that exist... that bootleg is absolutely miserable to listen to. There are some really good quasi-soundboard-type mixes out there, though, like ZooTV Dublin and the Vertigo London radio broadcast.

I can't wait till it rains. THEN WHAT?

The show goes ahead anyway, the crowd get wet, the band get wet, hopefully nobody gets electrocuted. Logistically and financially, cancellation would only be a last resort if the weather / wind was so bad that there would be genuine health and safety concerns.

U2 360 dvd

They usually film material for the official DVD at 1 venue in Europe and 1 venue in North America.
I wonder which they'll record this year.

My guess is they'll do it at a city with at least 2 shows:

Europe:
- Barcelona (it's the start of the tour, so not likely)
- Milan (already Vertigo)
- Paris (already JT, but not a stadium)
- Amsterdam
- Dublin (already Slane, but it's not a stadium. Still, Croke Park can't offer true 360 feeling)
- Gothenburg
- Zagreb (the smallest stadium, I think)
- London (the most logical, and Wembley is a legendary venue)

North America:
- Chicago (already Vertigo)
- Toronto
- Boston (already Elevation)
- New York (they also live here, love the place, wrote a song about it and it's the last venue with 2 gigs... for now)

Anyway, I hope I'll be there with Hamish...

fair enough, I would like to see them bring someone new in if you ask me, Hamish tends to go a little overboard with the close-ups and quick cuts. Considering the size of this show, wide and long shots might suit it better...

fair enough, I would like to see them bring someone new in if you ask me, Hamish tends to go a little overboard with the close-ups and quick cuts. Considering the size of this show, wide and long shots might suit it better...

Agreed.

I quite liked how U23D was shot, I'd like to see Catherine Owens give this tour dvd a shot.

:yes: I think they need a film maker this time around versus someone who is more in the TV vein...

I don't even mind Hamish all that much compared with how others around here feel, I just think that given the mood of this new album it's time to try someone new.

Anton Corbijn would be the obvious choice given his work on Linear, does he have any concert filming experience?

I don't care where they film the next U2 concert DVD, I just want a version of it released in 1080p Blu-Ray with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 sound, bonus HD footage from other concerts, a tour documentary in HD and 2CD audio of the entire concert. Just like the "The Police Certifiable" Buenos Aires Blu-Ray set put out last year. And they should also release the Chicago dvd from the last tour in Blu-Ray. HDNet aired a shortened version of the Chicago concert in HD a couple years ago. It'd be nice to have a proper Blu-Ray version with Dolby TrueHD lossless surround sound.

I agree. Its about time they embrace the new technology and release concert footage on blu-ray, with superior video and sound! That would be awesome!! :yes:

As Mucgh as I liked to hacve the DVD shot in Amsterdam (with corbijn ofcourse ;) The Dutchman) But that wont do good to the sound quality... So yeah, maybe just in Camp nou for the sake of it. It will be huge.

As Mucgh as I liked to hacve the DVD shot in Amsterdam (with corbijn ofcourse ;) The Dutchman) But that wont do good to the sound quality... So yeah, maybe just in Camp nou for the sake of it. It will be huge.

Not necessarily. That the sound is bad in the stadium doesn't mean it is bad when recorded, the recording goes trough the amps and cables, not trough the air.

Corbijn directing would be amazing, but it'd be strange to see material from him in color. I just hope whoever filmed (and especially whoever edited) the live in Boston "Magnificent" video isn't invited back.

Back
Top Bottom