Top 3 Moments You Saw During Vertigo/Top 3 Moments You Hope To See Live During U2360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rwolins1

The Fly
Thought this might be interesting and imaginative. Here's mine:

Vertigo Tour

1) Hawaii 12/9/06 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (courtesy of Michael Mitchell) :hug:
2) MSG 11/21/05 - Instant Karma/Bad/People Have the Power Finale :up:
3) Hawaii 12/9/06 - Encores (Achtung songs, Saints w/Billie Joe, Rockin' in Free World w/Pearl Jam, AIWIY Finale) :drool:

U2360

1) Chicago 9/12/09 - Red Hill Mining Town/Electrical Storm/Unknown Caller played back to back to back. :drool:
2) Giants Stadium 9/25/09 - Acrobat played for first time ever. :happy:
3) Chicago 9/12/09 - Where the Streets Have No Name opens show for first time in 20 years. :applaud:

what did you think of the album, rob?

all i want to see is them play bad or running to stand still at one of my shows. actually i shouldn't even say that, i just want to see them come here first :lol:

Since playing a live version of All I Want Is You at our wedding dance, I want to hear 50000+ people at the Roger's Centre sing it with Bono.

:drool::drool::drool:

hhm, can't do Vtour because I didn't go, but I went to wembley back in August 09. happy days.

You should have heard the legendary seques between city of blinding lights, streets, and unknown caller.

the most epic rendition of moment of surrender took the roof off of the house!

and then bono dived from the top of the claw.

:wink:

The only show I've seen is May 7 05 in Chicago. My two favorite moments of that show are:

1) They opened with LAPOE, which I was hoping they would. Waiting for the show to start, I knew the odds were that it would be COBL, but sure enough, they played LAPOE, which I think is the better opener of the two.
2) They played Bad.

I guess the moments that I'm looking forward to the most are:

1) The "Let me in the sound" part of GOYB
2) I hope they play One. There's been all this speculation on this forum of dropping regulars, but I really hope they keep One.
3) Hearing any of the following: Gone, Please, Electrical Storm, Love Is Blindness, Stuck In A Moment, The Unforgettable Fire

Vertigo
10/17 Philly- U2 and The Boss playing People Get Ready
All I Want Is You in Hawaii

Hearing any of the following- Acrobat, Ultrviolet, Electrical Storm and Two Hearts Beat As One

1) Toronto, Sept 17th 05 - Discotheque (!!)
2) Chicago, Sept 20th 05 - The First Time
3) every show I saw - Miracle Drug, when Edge went into his guitar solo and then sang his verse. A mundane moment for some, maybe, but it was special to me and always gave me chills.

Honourable mentions:
-Toronto, Sept 14th 05 - very long, epic version of Bad. Lanois joined in on guitar, and Jess (MrsEdge) was pulled onstage to dance.
-Detroit, Oct 25th 05 - MLK, in honour of Rosa Parks
-Toronto, Sept 12th 05 - the tour premier of Fast Cars
-many, many more. I saw a really awesome string of shows that were probably the most varied as far as the setlist goes.

As for this tour, I don't really have any expectations. I'll be thrilled to be there no matter what they do. :)

Vertigo:
1. One Tree Hill, first night Auckland---tears...it was all I could do to not sniffle in the recording.

2. Electric Co. at the SD opener--so glad I got to hear that live finally.

3. Fast Cars MSG Oct. 08 or Crumbs premier in Minneapolis.

360:
1. Magnificent--this song will so rock the stadiums. :rockon:

2. I really hope to hear either UC or FezBB played. The sorrowful solo from UC :drool: and I just love FezBB, great song, different from the usual U2.

3. Bono's heartfelt, meaningful mention of America electing President Obama. Short and sweet works Bono! No need to belabor it, but it deserves a mention.

Mark

Vertigo:
Electric Co. > An Cat Dubh > Into The Heart
Gloria > The Ocean
Bad

360:
MLK > The Unforgettable Fire > Exit
Window In The Skies
Bad

Dunno about 3 moments, but I'll give you the top one.

1st show in Sydney on Vertigo 10/11/06

Kite. After the final verse Bono gets the Kite out, and the wind drops, and he is having trouble getting it flying, the instrumental bit starts up, and the wind picks up, taking the Kite back towards the stage, and it gets stuck flat to the video wall in the top right corner, they play on for a while and the crowd are glued to the Kite, Bono sings some more, then Edge fires up the second solo: as he hits the slide up the fretboard, the wind instantly lifts the Kite off the video wall and out of the stadium, ascending higher and higher into the clouds, still perfectly in everyones vision.

It was absolutely amazing.

Dunno about 3 moments, but I'll give you the top one.

1st show in Sydney on Vertigo 10/11/06

Kite. After the final verse Bono gets the Kite out, and the wind drops, and he is having trouble getting it flying, the instrumental bit starts up, and the wind picks up, taking the Kite back towards the stage, and it gets stuck flat to the video wall in the top right corner, they play on for a while and the crowd are glued to the Kite, Bono sings some more, then Edge fires up the second solo: as he hits the slide up the fretboard, the wind instantly lifts the Kite off the video wall and out of the stadium, ascending higher and higher into the clouds, still perfectly in everyones vision.

It was absolutely amazing.

Very cool. Is there video of that somewhere?

what did you think of the album, rob?

all i want to see is them play bad or running to stand still at one of my shows. actually i shouldn't even say that, i just want to see them come here first :lol:

only time will tell...of course...but right now it's about a 4.45/5 if 5 is a masterpiece....better than ATYCLB, much better than HTDAAB, arguably better than Pop and arguably better than Zooropa, but I'm still not sure...also need to hear it on the upcoming tour to be accurate :)

And if there was one track to highlight off of it, it'd be MOS....I think it is a truly great U2 song that will stand the test of time :up:

cmon, its Seattle 4/25/05. :)

U2tours.com - concert details

jason6.jpg

then Vertigo x2. man. THAT was a show.

For U2360 I hope:

- red background and whit flashlights are back during Streets
- Running to Stand Still, Gone and the whole RedRocks-setlists will be played
- NO BONO-PREACHES about Africa/obama or whatsoever, fill that time with extra songs!

For U2360 I hope:

- red background and whit flashlights are back during Streets
- Running to Stand Still, Gone and the whole RedRocks-setlists will be played
- NO BONO-PREACHES about Africa/obama or whatsoever, fill that time with extra songs!

Would you have a problem with his speeches if they played 2 more songs every show anyway?

Last tour:
1. Montreal, The Arcade Fire/U2 cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart
2. Honolulu, Pearl Jam/U2 cover or Keep On Rockin'..
3. Bono and Edge trying to get the speaker phone to work in Toronto so they can call BB King :giggle:

I'm sure I'll remember more obvious ones and want to run back in here, but there you go.

Upcoming tour:
1. ASOH
2. ASOH
3. Mofo

Got that, Bono? Kthx.

upcoming tour:
1. Edge singing "Van Diemen's Land"
2. 2 Hearts/A Man & a Woman/Drowning Man
3. Bono saying stuff that makes sense & needs to be said but annoys people :)
4. Technological tricks/cutting edge tech & surprises that no one can anticipate

I hope they do the opening from:

HMTMKMKM from Popmart...when Bono does the cough-cough-cough-.......FUUUUCK YES!!!! *crowd goes insane*:applaud::applaud:

Opening from Gone: Going, going....Gone!

Also, from Vertigo: the Zoo Station intro, w/Bono doing the 'kick', it's my favorite moment from that tour, I was shocked to see it!!! I won't complain if I never see Zoo Station (my fav song) again, but I would like to be shocked like that again.

Vertigo Moments:
1. 2005-05-26 Boston encore fly,EOTW, OOC (completely impromptu as Adam had already started playing the next song on the setlist which was....), WOWY, ABOY, OOT, bad - 40

2, 2005-10-08 NYC them playing fast cars
3. 3rd leg acoustic encores, First Time and Wild Horses

Upcoming tour:
1. Breathe (heard this live already in Boston, but cant wait to hear it again)
2. seeing the screens

EDIT:
just thought of 3:
hearing NLOTH and MOS if they ever learn to play it.

Back
Top Bottom