To Stadium or To Arena: A Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where would you rather see a U2 concert?

• Outdoor Stadium with 50,000 or more people

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Indoor Arena with 25,000 or fewer people

Votes: 84 63.2%

• Total voters
While I appreciate just getting to see U2 live in any
venue, I say arenas all the way. Smaller venues, less
crowd to deal with, and, usually, better sound. Like
jphelmet said, I go to hear the songs. For me, the
spectacle isn't a necessity for me to enjoy the show.

I've never seen them play in a stadium before, so I'll get back to you on this after my shows. :wink:

.............. However, I'm very excited about seeing this tour with loads of other people. It should be fun! I think it helps that I have seats near the floor

Same here! I've only seen them in an arena so if this poll is still around after October I'll vote. Gotta say though I am EXCITED about seeing the spectacle of the CLAW. :love:

Depends on the set up etc, I prefer Stadiums myself because they sound is better I think, and arenas get tight sometimes, BUT I never seen U2 at all so I can't really vote that way based off them. I'm not picky though when it comes to concerts I love to rock our indoors and out doors ( as longer the weather is nice)

Word. I'm excited for there to be a stadium show again, I doubt we'll see anything this big again from them (and by extension, anyone) again.

However for the actual performance, I prefer the arena stuff of Elevation/Vertigo, still big enough for them to have fun with their theatrics, but it doesn't have to distract them from the performance. Plus, with the stage set up they practically transform an arena into an intimate venue, whereas many of the top artists are lost even in that size venue.

Arena, I guess, mainly because I like to camp out, and based on the past tours we've gotten comfortable at certain venues that are nicer to fans (for example, the United Center allows us to camp on the grass, park right there on the street, and unlocks the porta-potties).

Stadiums rule!!! Think POPmart and ZOOTV people, imagine if those were inside arena's (ZOOTV indoor doesn't count) no one would still be talkng about them, calling them the greatest Tours of all time....no indoor show gets that label, it's just not the same in an arena.

Stadiums rule!!! Think POPmart and ZOOTV people, imagine if those were inside arena's (ZOOTV indoor doesn't count) no one would still be talkng about them, calling them the greatest Tours of all time....no indoor show gets that label, it's just not the same in an arena.

ZooTV indoors >>>> ZooTV Outside.

ZooTV > Popmart

ZooTV was that good, and had nothing to do with the stadium. The indoor leg was better than the stadium version.

ZooTV indoors >>>> ZooTV Outside.

ZooTV > Popmart

ZooTV was that good, and had nothing to do with the stadium. The indoor leg was better than the stadium version.

I wouldn't say 'better than'... some people (such as myself) prefer the stadium epicness that ensued when ZooTV went outdoors.

Stadium every time,

More tickets, more chance of getting in.

Big screens, big stage.

STADIUM HANDS DOWN!!!!

This is where U2 sound there best and are far more inovative (zoo tv indoors would not work). And as for rain...when a concert starts the rain never bothers me!!!:sexywink:

Oh ya..80,000 fans screaming the lyrics so far this tour is way better than 25,000!! but that just might be European fans as they tend to be louder than those in the US!...IMHO!!:reject:

if they're going to play the same setlists with only a few minor variations here and there, then i want the huge visual multimedia clusterfuck that stadiums allow.

if they're going to have rotating setlists where you don't know what you're gonna hear on any given day, then i don't care where they play. arenas would probably be better.

considering as U2 will never use a rotating, non-static setlist, i prefer stadiums.

STADIUM HANDS DOWN!!!!

This is where U2 sound there best and are far more inovative (zoo tv indoors would not work).

um, zootv did work indoors and quite well. the shows i saw for zootv the indoor version was much better than the stadium shows. there certainly wasn't anything more innovative about the stadium version vs. the indoor. unless you consider things being physically larger more innovative (i don't). :shrug:

um, zootv did work indoors and quite well. the shows i saw for zootv the indoor version was much better than the stadium shows. there certainly wasn't anything more innovative about the stadium version vs. the indoor. unless you consider things being physically larger more innovative (i don't). :shrug:

I'm not sure I agree, ZooTV outdoor felt like an event, not just a concert. I don't understand why people prefer arena's to stadiums, arena's lack that special atmosphere. One of the thing's that sucks about living in North America is the excess of arena concerts, but Europe does it right -properly in stadiums.

I'm not sure I agree, ZooTV outdoor felt like an event, not just a concert. I don't understand why people prefer arena's to stadiums, arena's lack that special atmosphere. One of the thing's that sucks about living in North America is the excess of arena concerts, but Europe does it right -properly in stadiums.

I agree... but the apostrophe abuse is a tad annoying. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom