Tips For A First Time Ticket Buyer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjboog

Refugee
Hey all!

I became a fan of the band in 2004 and have never been able to see them live. I am not a member of U2.com, and I'd love to be able to get my hands on a couple of tickets to the Vancouver show in October.

So how do I do this? You guys are all experienced. Do they go on sale on Ticketmaster? Do I need to order them like the instant they go on sale? It'd be so sad if I wasn't able to get my hands on tickets :sad:

HELP!

GREAT ARTICLE!

I just have one question!

Are the tickets (U.S) going to be sold through LiveNation's website? Or Ticketmasters?

I think it is Ticketmaster, but I'm not sure.

I got tickets through the general sale for Vertigo. You have to do it right away

^Okay! Thanks Laura!

I just set up an account for Ticketmaster, already had one for LiveNation...don't have a pre-sale code...

Is it far too late to purchase one?

Livenation.com has the first for N.A. dates listed, but that doesn't mean they won't be sold through TM. Didn't someone say that Live Nation will sometimes direct you to TM for the actual sale?

Mark

Livenation.com has the first for N.A. dates listed, but that doesn't mean they won't be sold through TM. Didn't someone say that Live Nation will sometimes direct you to TM for the actual sale?

Mark

Generally I think we can expect to be directed to the TM site. In any case we'll know in advance (if they're going to be on TM, they'll be listed there at least a few days in advance).

The new LN ticketing system is pretty much only applicable to the venues they own - e.g. most of the sheds in the U.S. I'm pretty sure they don't own any NCAA or NFL statiums :)

The biggest thing to remember is that if you have bad luck on the day of the sale, DONT FREAK OUT. I have gotten GA Floor seats to the last two tours the day of the show. I did that in Charlotte for the Elevation tour and in Philly for the last tour. Actually the last tour I went to the box office to ask for directions to the bathroom and flippantly asked if they had any tickets left and the lady at the booth said, "I am afraid that all we have left are the GA tickets." I bought two, took a leak, and then went out to sell my $160 tickets (That one is a whole other store). Anyway, show up the day of the show and you will probably find tickets for sale.

Try and get a few people to help you out. We were trying on two computers and the telephone.

Stay positive, you will get tickets! :)

Back
Top Bottom