Time for a new 360 tour film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schnumi

Refugee
Come on with the guys playing like they are doing now and with all the new unreleased songs i can't help but feeling they should make another dvd/bluray movie for sure.

They can't just say that the 360 live in the rose bowl stands for the 360 shows as a whole, that would be fooling the fans. I mean who wouldn't want a new movie with songs like Mercy/North star/Glastonbury/HMTMKMKM etc etc etc.

Come on U2 we need a new movie! :drool::drool:

I would love a European show to make it to DVD - and if they do, I really hope it's got more long shots of the Claw.

That's my biggest beef with the Rose Bowl DVD - why not show off its majesty and awesomeness? Total missed opportunity. :grumpy:

Oh HELL yea. This leg totally BLOWS last year out of the water by so many miles. It would be a disgrace not to film it.

End the tour in Dublin next october and tape it? Otherwise, it's about time the Dutch get a dvd! Bono keeps saying how much of a bond he has with our country since we were the first that welcomed the band on mainland Europe, time to show it!

Well a european show would be great, why not do it in the next couple of weeks? Im sure that can be arranged quite easily.

But a south american/down under video would do as well. It's just that the 360 tour has improved so much lately that it just can't be ignored. And why not go for another oppertunity to make some cash? Because a new dvd/bluray movie will sell like mad again. :)
Oh HELL yea. This leg totally BLOWS last year out of the water by so many miles. It would be a disgrace not to film it.

End the tour in Dublin next october and tape it? Otherwise, it's about time the Dutch get a dvd! Bono keeps saying how much of a bond he has with our country since we were the first that welcomed the band on mainland Europe, time to show it!
O yes definitly a dutch dvd would rock a lot. But please NOT in the Amsterdam Arena please!!! Just get back to "De Kuip" in Rotterdam. So much better for this concert, i mean just imagine the claw high above the roof of de kuip and great sound as well!

But there are problems with the Kuip so they can't host too big concerts anymore, the venue is too old and could possibly crack from the tremors. They had those issues at a Marco Borsato gig, imagine how bad it'd be at a U2 concert!

:shifty: And there's a problem with that venue. It's in Rotterdam. There's far too many Rotterdammers there for me to like.

I could see them doing one next year. I was thinking Australia could have a chance to be featured again, but I'd think the band would do one centered around a new album (if they do end up releasing one by springtime anyway.

I would love a European show to make it to DVD - and if they do, I really hope it's got more long shots of the Claw.

That's my biggest beef with the Rose Bowl DVD - why not show off its majesty and awesomeness? Total missed opportunity. :grumpy:

i agree!!

I think they're more likely to film what should be a more polished show in 2011 than the live demo-ing of 2010, plus that gives the market a break from buying a 360 DVD. I think this could definitely happen if the Ireland/UK closing rumors prove true.

I think they're more likely to film what should be a more polished show in 2011 than the live demo-ing of 2010, plus that gives the market a break from buying a 360 DVD. I think this could definitely happen if the Ireland/UK closing rumors prove true.

And common sense wins!!!

I think U2 Live from Wembley is something that's due to happen

or it's just TOO obvious?, like U2 live from MSG ?

what about U2 at O2 ?

or U2 Live From Chile :love:

Not quite yet...maybe near the end of the second American leg, simply because there's a fairly good chance they'll have a new album out by then.

I doubt we'll get another full 360 concert film. Hopefully we'll get something like the Milan bonus DVD. Maybe it'll be filmed during one of the final 360 gigs in Ireland possibly.

I would love to have the 360 version of Hold Me Thrill Me on DVD.

With the more 'interesting' places they played in Europe this year I would have to liked to have seen a relativley low budget type of R+H with various performances from different shows, perhaps of the songs not on Rosebowl, and a bit of behind the scenes type thing, flesh it out to a couple of hours and sell it cheap. In fact they probably have the footage too do this type of thing and it would be a better subscription gift than the usual crap everyone already has.

With this being the biggest produced rock n roll show ever, I would think U2 is documenting this tour for some kind of film/documentary release.

Assuming they film another show, they should bring back Breathe for that concert, and Bono should sing the "ten inch cockatoo" line again, and then insist that both the song AND the line be left in.

Keep in mind the previous two tours have had 2 dvd's...Plus Vertigo had a movie on top of that.

I hope we have another 360 dvd/blu-ray to better represent this tour, I believe that a 2011 show sounds like a more logical choice (as songs from "Songs of Ascent" would also be featured), ...but yes, this tour has evolved and yes, for the better, Willy Williams, has done wonders with the lighting and through experimentation, he has found what works and what doesn't work, ...if you ask me, "The Claw" seems "alive" now, ...I also think that the band got their "mojo" back and I/M/H/O I truly believe that Bono's accident made him appreciate-that-much-more what he does for a living, german-engineering did him wonders,...the band as a whole has this "energy" about them that was lacking in the earlier 360 shows, ...I mean, look at Adam, this is the Adam of "Red Rocks" once again, THEATRICS has once again joined this show ...my only recommendation for this new dvd/blu-ray would be that it would be filmed in a "brighter" and more "colorful" way, showcasing the majesty of "The Claw"...mind you, dark contrast is fine and actually necessary for filming but I/M/H/O the 360 Rosebowl dvd/blu-ray was too "dark" and too "grainy-looking" for my liking, ...it wouldn't hurt to increase the sharpness of the final product!!! (1080p or 1080i ...I really don't know what it all means but I want HD to look like HD) ...Australia or South America should be showcased!! if not so...maybe MIAMI :reject:

lol I agree with EVERYTHING you said except for that last bith. :up:

Australia got ZooTv, South America Popmart and U23d. It's time for a UK or Dutch dvd. :wink:

With the more 'interesting' places they played in Europe this year I would have to liked to have seen a relativley low budget type of R+H with various performances from different shows, perhaps of the songs not on Rosebowl, and a bit of behind the scenes type thing, flesh it out to a couple of hours and sell it cheap. In fact they probably have the footage too do this type of thing and it would be a better subscription gift than the usual crap everyone already has.

Because that's all it takes... just a couple of hours. No biggie.

Back
Top Bottom