Time for a new 360 tour film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep in mind the previous two tours have had 2 dvd's...Plus Vertigo had a movie on top of that.

Milan was only a 10-song part of the U218 Best of special edition. Chicago was always going to be the official Vertigo tour DVD.

Slane is really the anomaly of video releases -- did we ever really find out why that one got out ? I know there was a petition but I doubt the band would check on the internet for that type of thing...they weren't unsatisfied with Boston DVD (the first one with HH directing) because the same director filmed the next tour as well. So... :shrug:

They might as well, they have their very own stadium for those shows. :lol: I can't wait.

Montreal imo is the single city in North America where they're guaranteed the closest thing to the exuberance, excitement and U2 crazed sell-out atmosphere of a European show - and, it's close to the border so the die hard US fans can drive up. It's going to be insane, the world in Montreal is going to stop that week. Nothing will matter more than U2. Nothing.

Maybe if they play Pasadena again in 2011 we can have:

U2 360 Live at the Rose Bowl 2:
RETURN OF THE BREATHE GUITAR

Does anyone know if they were filming the Munich show? They put up signs that they were filming but I didn't see a camera except for the usual cameras, and it wasn't even mentioned by Bono during the show.

Does anyone know if they were filming the Munich show? They put up signs that they were filming but I didn't see a camera except for the usual cameras, and it wasn't even mentioned by Bono during the show.

That sign is at EVERY show this leg. It just means the footage on the cameras can be used on clips on U2.com, as they did with footage from Frankfurt and Hannover.

That sign is at EVERY show this leg. It just means the footage on the cameras can be used on clips on U2.com, as they did with footage from Frankfurt and Hannover.

Hmm, I didn't see that sign on the Frankfurt show. Maybe I was too excted about the show to notice :D

With them filming to a high standard for the video screen at every gig, and some performances standing out as winners it could make sense to release a tour film featuring almost every song played but from different venues according to the performance/crowd reaction etc. on the night.

This would also possibly help sales as people might be more willing to pay for a movie that includes a show they were actually present at.

Just a thought.

But there are problems with the Kuip so they can't host too big concerts anymore, the venue is too old and could possibly crack from the tremors. They had those issues at a Marco Borsato gig, imagine how bad it'd be at a U2 concert!

:shifty: And there's a problem with that venue. It's in Rotterdam. There's far too many Rotterdammers there for me to like.
Who cares? It's rock 'n roll, not football. Otherwise I wouldn't go to the Amsterdam Arena.

With them filming to a high standard for the video screen at every gig, and some performances standing out as winners it could make sense to release a tour film featuring almost every song played but from different venues according to the performance/crowd reaction etc. on the night.

This would also possibly help sales as people might be more willing to pay for a movie that includes a show they were actually present at.

Just a thought.

Thats a good idea. As an aside, i don't know why they don't sell official bootlegs from every concert like other bands are starting to do. Even just $5 for a download and you'd get a soundboard quality bootleg from the show you were at! And U2 would make a bit of cash in the process. Each concert is recorded anyway so they wouldn't even need to do anything special. Just a quick edit afterwards and put it online.

^ if they put 24 hours into editing/mastering the show, and sold it for 5 bucks, theyd make huge profits. If they did that in Sydney, theyd have 90,000 people, 5 bucks a pop for half of those is $225k

Hell, they could sell video bootlegs given that they film every show, but that would degrade the sales of their official DVDs. Alhough, I don't know of any big time bands that sell bootlegs besides Pearl Jam that pioneered that practice.

Hell, they could sell video bootlegs given that they film every show, but that would degrade the sales of their official DVDs. Alhough, I don't know of any big time bands that sell bootlegs besides Pearl Jam that pioneered that practice.

Phish, Pixies, Duran Duran, The Who, Depeche Mode, Grateful Dead, plus MANY more all sell boots of their shows. (I've bought one of every show I attended that sold one. Even when I taped)

The Who did one tour where everyshow was available on DVD too. So there are bands out there selling videos too.

OK, I remember The Who video thing, but wi the exception of some Pixies stuff, none of the artists you mentioned interest me, which is why I didn't know they also did that.

Do those band actually sell video recordings? I was aware of bands like Metallica and Pearl Jam, but they only sell audio soundboard recordings.

I just watched the Vertigo Chicago DVD again. Bringing that boy on stage was a weird awkward moment. :huh:

I think they should make 360 version of Rattle and Hum.

This is how I envision the song list:

Crazy Tonite
Your Blue Room
Breathe
No Line On the Horizon
Magnificent
Electrical Storm
I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
Unknown Caller
Mercy
Glastonbury
Stingray
Every Breaking Wind
Moment of Surrender
Ultraviolet
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
North Star

I just watched the Vertigo Chicago DVD again. Bringing that boy on stage was a weird awkward moment. :huh:

What, why? :huh:

Bono used to do that a lot during the Vertigo tour. I felt it was actually a very touching moment, at least until it became a kind of routine. It fittet the album's and the tour's theme of experience vs. innocence. Bono has said so many times himself. I actually prefer the kid over the whole "bringing up girls on stage" thing. Having a young girl up on stage who's young enough to be your daugther, numbling an awful version of Wowy into her hip and dancing with her while her pants come off (Milan :huh:) - that actually seems very awkward.

Montreal would be ideal to film - they're doing back to back nights in a stadium they are building for the event. Add to that the crazy Montreal fans (and New Brunswickers, ha ha) who are waiting an extra year to see them and you're guaranteed an awesome show.

Bono used to do that a lot during the Vertigo tour. I felt it was actually a very touching moment, at least until it became a kind of routine. It fittet the album's and the tour's theme of experience vs. innocence. Bono has said so many times himself. I actually prefer the kid over the whole "bringing up girls on stage" thing. Having a young girl up on stage who's young enough to be your daugther, numbling an awful version of Wowy into her hip and dancing with her while her pants come off (Milan :huh:) - that actually seems very awkward.

Yeah I guess it does fit in with the theme of the song/album.

Montreal would be ideal to film - they're doing back to back nights in a stadium they are building for the event. Add to that the crazy Montreal fans (and New Brunswickers, ha ha) who are waiting an extra year to see them and you're guaranteed an awesome show.

:up::hyper::applaud::drool:

I back you up on this one!!! Montreal is anticipating this concert big time!!!And don't forget the fans who are driving up from New England!!!

:up::hyper::applaud::drool:

I back you up on this one!!! Montreal is anticipating this concert big time!!!And don't forget the fans who are driving up from New England!!!

:hi5:

I'm sure the French Canadian fans are anticipating even moreso having an extra year wait thrown their way and not having 2009 shows.

hahaha...LU, here you go...great quality clip :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2vvhwtQZYU

Back
Top Bottom