Thoughts on U2 Playing a Whole Album Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i started an online petition last year to convince U2 to do whatever i wanted them to do. unfortunately, no one signed it because what i wanted wasn't what everyone else wanted.

Keep enjoying of Acrobat, Fez, Red hill mining town, Heartland... in U2 concerts, have been played live many times!! :lol: :applaud:

And do you honestly think the reason U2 don't play these songs is because they think we don't want to hear them? Think about it!!!

I'm sure it would go something like this:

:adam: Hey guys I went to the UIB meeting over the weekend that they held in Munich and you wouldn't guess what I found out.

:edge: What's the UIB meeting?

:adam: The United Internet Bitchers...

:larry: Cool, I should join.

:edge: Well what did you find out?

:adam: Our fans like the song 'Acrobat' and want us to play it.

:larry: Really?

:edge: Why didn't I think of that?

:adam: Yeah, I didn't really think our fans wanted to hear that song.

:bono: What song?

The brief but effective discussion

:bono: Hmmm ... I can do Acrobat.
:edge: You sure ? I certainly don't remember the effects on the guitar for that one
:adam: I'm cool with anything.

pause

:larry: We're not playing Acrobat.

:edge: i heard that members of the Taliban are defending us on a U2 fan forum.
:bono: no way!
:edge: way!

AB or JT would 'work' being played all the way through in live shows since most of those records are known to casual fans anyway. I'm not sure the casuals would have the patience to sit through the likes of Boy or October, however.

But frankly, I'd just rather see U2 mix up their setlists to include tracks from several albums, rather than let one record dominate the evening.

I'm not a fan of the whole concept of playing an entire album live. It makes a show feel like ticking off the boxes in a way that even the static repetitive setlists don't. I saw Sonic Youth play Daydream Nation from start to finish and frankly for me the gig only really came to life once they were done with the album and just played a normal selection of songs from across their catalogue.

i thought about this when I read about Sparks doing all 21 of their albums start to finish, one album per night. I saw them play three albums in full when they came back to do two nights in London in 2009.

I thought if U2 did that. One album a gig (plus encore etc etc, fine!) from Boy to the present day, it would A) be amazing to see if they could pull it off and B) an almighty shitstorm trying to get tickets.

i thought about this when I read about Sparks doing all 21 of their albums start to finish, one album per night. I saw them play three albums in full when they came back to do two nights in London in 2009.

I thought if U2 did that. One album a gig (plus encore etc etc, fine!) from Boy to the present day, it would A) be amazing to see if they could pull it off and B) an almighty shitstorm trying to get tickets.

That would be incredible, but I doubt that the band is able to do that

i started an online petition last year to convince U2 to do whatever i wanted them to do. unfortunately, no one signed it because what i wanted wasn't what everyone else wanted.

What petition?

Back
Top Bottom