Thoughts about the new stage design? + Rolling Stone re: T H E C L A W

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!

god if only U2 and Willy knew the demon they created when they decided to build this stage the Guantaflope....
Fixed. :wink:

(It's a meme from the "Give the stage a name" thread, along with the cute 'lil Bonocrab from the page before this one. Don't ask.)

where did you read that lifting part and 170 ton part?

Furthermore, I read from the stageco-guy that there will be 3 stages touring around, and that 26 persons (incl. 10 drivers) will be busy to build the stage. This building will take 5 days to be ready...

It was in the newspaper called "het belang van limburg".Belgian newspaper.

Hi everyone!!!
Yesterday we knew that u2 didn't put Belgium on the list:sad:
but today, we Belgians got some good news!!!
U2 wants to put Belgium on the list!!!!!Herman Schueremans(Belgiums best festival organizer(remember U2 in Werchter in '83))negotiated with U2!!!
But also :The stage is once again a Belgian production(stageco) and they revealed a little bit about the stage!!!!

something will be lifted!!!that something weighs 170 ton!!!
and it also stretches something over the entire football field!!!!

If someone knows more about the stage itself, just let us know!!!
Coooooolllll:hyper::hyper:

yeah I know that the stage was a Belgian production on the Vertigo Tour, so it would not be nice to ignore the country were they get the stage and stagebuilders from!! :mad:

The more I look at it i think that this x stage moves out along the black square towards the crowd. If this is true it would bring the stage half way to the stadium thus bring it to a 360 view.I also noticed most of the diagrams have a thin elliptical skecth outline around this stage. I believe the fans would be in this circle and the stage would float over them. If the stage doesnt move towards the center then it would not be a 360 view eniterly, cause Elevation and Vertigo both had 360 views of the stage so this nothing new for U2 or any other band either.

no U2 and many others did it before on indoors
and outdour Celine Dion was the first to give a full 360 performance in 1999 (10 years ago) so there has to be smth else new, or Bono was lying...haha

Asuming that this gigantic spider will not walk to the middle, it looks more like almost an 'end stage' with the difference that the open structure allows many more people in the stadium, which means more tickets that can be sold, which also explains why it is possible to sell cheap 30 euros tickets this time...

if the spider would circle round,then people should also try to avoid its knees and at the same time watch u2 perform

GA is massive :uhoh:

On the U2.com site if you enter and hit the 2nd camera orbit at the bottom right it gives you a full view

People, get real! The structure is not going to move, either around or in any linear fashion. Believe me, it's more than enough of an engineering feat for such a complex and graceful temporary structure to be created just to hold up the rig and screens never mind wanting it do do something tacky like move around...

no U2 and many others did it before on indoors
and outdour Celine Dion was the first to give a full 360 performance in 1999 (10 years ago) so there has to be smth else new, or Bono was lying...haha

Ah, but did Celine Dion have an animated .GIF of her screaming head attached to a crab body? I think not.

This structure moves. If you study the diagrams you will notice the stage will reach its half way point on the field at the end on the dotted lines. U2 have had many in the round concerts. the 360 tour means the audience will be in proximity to the stage. how can no one understand this. if iam wrong then why has U2 listed blueprint(diagrams)of the stage? they have never done this before,why? cause they are focused on the engineering of the stage. Anybody who is not picking up on the sublte hints the band has laid out is stupid. This is something new. never seen before. 92, Zoo tv was out of this world, never seen before. 97, Popmart , never seen before. 09, never seen before. The name of the tour is based on the stage . pick up on this. the limited info on the site is just the basis for is to come. you will al be shicked.

Not going to move. Just the cost and liability alone to move the thing 20 yards would be insane. After all, in this economic downturn it wouldn't do to crush your fans. Or nix out prime real estate up front so you could move the stage to the center for some bizarre reason. Can you imagine what it would take to move all that freaking gear? And, again, the payoff isn't worth it - "I saw U2 last night. The stage moved from slightly off center to center! It blew my mind!" :applaud:

That stage setup is pretty spectacular from an engineering standpoint. Engineering doesn't necessarily mean moving.

This structure moves. If you study the diagrams you will notice the stage will reach its half way point on the field at the end on the dotted lines. U2 have had many in the round concerts. the 360 tour means the audience will be in proximity to the stage. how can no one understand this. if iam wrong then why has U2 listed blueprint(diagrams)of the stage? they have never done this before,why? cause they are focused on the engineering of the stage. Anybody who is not picking up on the sublte hints the band has laid out is stupid. This is something new. never seen before. 92, Zoo tv was out of this world, never seen before. 97, Popmart , never seen before. 09, never seen before. The name of the tour is based on the stage . pick up on this. the limited info on the site is just the basis for is to come. you will al be shicked.

Ok, so we're stupid now? :lol: :eyebrow:

And how could it move? People in GA would have to move with it and someone might get crushed! :ohmy:

Not going to move. Just the cost and liability alone to move the thing 20 yards would be insane. After all, in this economic downturn it wouldn't do to crush your fans. Or nix out prime real estate up front so you could move the stage to the center for some bizarre reason. Can you imagine what it would take to move all that freaking gear? And, again, the payoff isn't worth it - "I saw U2 last night. The stage moved from slightly off center to center! It blew my mind!" :applaud:

That stage setup is pretty spectacular from an engineering standpoint. Engineering doesn't necessarily mean moving.

They'd never move all or part of the stage around. Ever.

lemon.jpg

maybe the 2 objects at the end of the floor section are 3D imagers that will project light onto an area above the claw?

I've seen something cool like that while window shopping in Montreal, albeit a smaller example

Who else did a 360 stadium beside Foo Fighters Wembley and (I think) Rod Stewart in the mid 90's in the UK? Springsteen sold rear stage tickets in Stadiums on very rare occasions, but the show was not designed for them. Beatles/Stones/Elvis 35-45 years ago don't fit the criteria.

I think it's a first for the US.

I'm fairly sure that the "carousel" stage Phil Collins used on his Serious tour (1990) was a free-standing structure. They could put it in the middle of stadiums. So it has been done before (if I'm recalling correctly, that is).

I'm fairly sure that the "carousel" stage Phil Collins used on his Serious tour (1990) was a free-standing structure. They could put it in the middle of stadiums. So it has been done before (if I'm recalling correctly, that is).

That was hung from ceiling of arenas.

I'm not aware of any concert tour that was hung from a stadium roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom