Thoughts about the new stage design? + Rolling Stone re: T H E C L A W

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
visiting the claw!

Hey everyone!!
Because I live nearby I decided to put on my fly shades and visit the claw they are building and man...MAGNIFICIENT!!
Check out these pictures!!
22052009174.jpg

22052009175.jpg

22052009178.jpg

22052009181.jpg

Nice pics Kenny A:D,Just how big is the claw?,we can only guess looking at your fantastic pictures,also can you confirm that they are starting to take it down now so this is the last we'll being seeing of it until Barcelona.

Nice pics Kenny A:D,Just how big is the claw?,we can only guess looking at your fantastic pictures,also can you confirm that they are starting to take it down now so this is the last we'll being seeing of it until Barcelona.

The claw doesn't look as huge as might suggest, I added a picture where you can see some people underneath the center of the claw.I think it's 35 to 40 meters in height.
In the picture I took from the car, you see a church, the church is 47 meters high,and the distance from church to claw is like 60 a 70 meters.
I couldn't tell if they were breaking it up or building it,there weren't a lot of people doing something at the time.
22052009182.jpg

Is the spire just a lighting rig? Does anyone think there will be a canvas type screen on top of the CLAW, and the LED screen below the CLAW?

i still think rogers centre will kinda dwarf this stage, being there for PopMart and looking down from the outfield restaurant....

nonetheless will look much larger than PopMart

I still wanna know more about the hoberman screen they will likely use...

Just came accross this from Wrestlemania 24

2414821119_34fe9c27ed.jpg

I was reading this long list of threads and I have to say that this looks in size a lot like what I've seen today.
Only U2's claw has a 4 massive arms instead of 8 smaller ones like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom