Thought this would be a friendly place?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acrobatalley

The Fly
At 35 years old I have been a U2 fan for over 20 years. I found this site while searching information on the upcoming tour. I usually do not get into the whole forum thing because, well because of things like post being deleted and people censoring other people. We all must have rules in a civilized society, but sometimes, just sometimes, people are able to handle themselves in an appropriate manner while not being censored.

I am certain that my posting this is in the wrong place. Will be deleted, moved, locked. I'm not so much upset that the thread I posted earlier was locked as I am with the tone that was taken in correcting me. A simple, hey you're new here, welcome, but we frown on that and a direction to where it was posted in forum rules not to ask the question which I posted would have been great.

So let me ask my question now after this rant. Are the people that I will be standing in line with in Chicago as staunch as this? Will my homemade brownies be welcomed? If I cover your back when you make a bathroom run will you have mine? Even though I have never met you before and I don't have thousands of post? I'm just wondering, and I'm not trying to cause a big uproar. But where is the love?

brownies1.jpg

Now I'm dying to know what you wrote earlier!

Well, not really...that should actually be "I'm bored and would kinda like to know what you wrote earlier, as long as it doesn't require a lot of work on my part." :wink:

Now I'm dying to know what you wrote earlier!

Well, not really...that should actually be "I'm bored and would kinda like to know what you wrote earlier, as long as it doesn't require a lot of work on my part." :wink:

It was just a trivial question a little further down the line. Like I said I don't really care about the question. I just thought perhaps someone could constructively redirect if you will. I'm looking for little drama and to just be able to chill and relax with cool people.

At the last stadium concert I went to people from a fan club were at one of the entrances and I felt I was in WWII Germany I kid you not. I'm hoping to find other like minded fans full of love and peace, ( unless line jumping is involved of course) CooCooKaChoo

This is a friendly place, and we welcome delicious, gooey, yummy awesomepants brownies. :drool:

Cut the mods a little slack - it's been crazy and stressful around here with all the ticket sales and the 65 billion questions being asked, so if they're a little curt with you to close your thread, don't take it personally.

And welcome to the insanity! :)

:hmm:

Sicy (Our mom), loves Lemondrops and eating brains. That's a good person to have in your corner.

Just don't tell her she can't dance.:crack:

Thanks guys! Now for those of you that will be in Chicago, Boston...with or without nuts?

{stewie from family guy}For every nut I find in my brownies, I shall kill you! {/stewie}

See you in Chicago. I'll just look for the guy with a big plate of nut-free brownies!

I'm actually your age and have been a fan for the same amount of time as you. :up: There is plenty of love here. I apologize if it was my post that came across as 'staunch' but the moderators have to read and manage hundreds and hundreds of posts every day here and it can get a bit crazy. So if we happen to be short at times its not meant in offense so please don't take it personally. I actually don't think our rules are that strict compared to many other music band's forums that I've participated in. Most of it is common/basic knowledge.

Here is a link to our forum policies for your reference.
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=rules

What is unacceptable in PLEBA? (and the rest of the forum)
Posting about the band's "private parts" in any way will not be allowed. Any threads about the bands private parts, subtle or not, may be closed, and the author may receive a warning via pm or email.

Posting about the band's private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed. Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

*Additionally, posting which hotels the band are staying at during tours or any other travels, is not allowed.

And unfortunately you're right, this is not the right place for this thread. If you have an issue with a moderator or the closure of a thread, please contact the person in private. This is also in the FAQs.

You are more than welcome to discuss the Chicago show and your brownies :) in the following thread:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f308/september-12-13-soldier-field-chicago-195031.html

AND WELCOME! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom