This is puzzling (& irritating)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyJB

Refugee
Me and my 4 mates are all excited about a trip to Dublin for the 1st Croke park show - first time any of us will have been over to Dublin or seen U2. In our excitement and panic at getting through to the purchasing page on the day tickets were released, we accidently bought 6 GA tickets instead of the 5 we needed. No worries, I told them, people will be gagging for these tickets, U2 in Dublin tickets are like gold dust! We'll easily be able to get rid of it.

However, I've been listing it on this site for ages now, on the Facebook group for ages and have had it on eBay for several days now with not a whiff of interest from anyone! (Need I mention that we're charging face value for this ticket, nothing more). In fact, perousing through the other U2 tickets available on eBay no one else seems to be having any more luck - there are scores of tickets going at face value with no one bidding on them. I'm just wondering why on earth this is?! This tour looks set to be the hottest tour of 2009, why is there not much more demand? I know its a recession an all but there were plenty of people who missed out on the tickets they wanted first time around.

Hopefully this is just a lull before the tour hype machine kicks in and we will be able to shift our ticket, otherwise I fear we'll end up selling it to a tout outside the door for probably about 20quid!

Anyone else facing similar issues and/or problems??

i wouldn't worry. i think with the state of the economy, people are purchasing less and less. but once you get closer to the show date, people will be jumping all over them.

by the way, if you pay for my flight from Green Bay and give me a place to stay, i'll gladly purchase the ticket. haha! ;)

Just wait a bit closer to the day. :) I'm sure someone will bite.
Dublin isn't the highest demand since they got three shows.
I put two amsterdam 1 tickets on sale on a Dutch auction site and I literally had the money handed to me three hours after I put up the ad.
Lots of people were ripping off on that site with asking 250 euros for a GA ticket so that might've helped too.
Perhaps try a smaller place rather than eBay?

I've seen a couple of GAs for Dublin go on Ebay for way over face value. You may need to improve the listing, or its title.

You'll find that most of your bids on Ebay will come within the last hours...

There's one now for the Croke show (2) GAs going for 255.00 with only 2 hours to go...

I wish it were 2 , then I bought them, people tend to buy them sooner when there are couples.
If you get another ticket available please notice me :sexywink: I'd be very keen to buy one.
Since I cant go to dublin on my own I need to bring my friend

I have a spare one for Glasgow it is possible I may have to try and sell it and I am not confident.

There is deffinately not as much hype and interest in this tour as the last one.

Mind on saying that I was going to see madonna with my wife at Wembley last year and we had to cancel a week before the show. I only got face value on ebay when I thought they would go for a bit more.

I think concerts are not as well attended at the minute. But in U2's case I think the new album just hasn't sparked the way Atomic Bomb did. I put this down to the lack of main stream music shows Top Of The Pops, CDUK etc. Digital downloading is not to everyone's liking I don't think there is even a proper top 20 anymore.

I guess what I am trying to say is the true fans will go regardless but the demand from the casual punter isn't there. Lets be honest as far as sales go Boots was no Vertigo was it?

Well, to be honest, I think the majority of people will go to the concert simply because it's U2, regardless if they liked the last album much or not. Most people I've met at U2 shows are casual fans who don't even own all of their albums.

They still sell very well, but we're in a recession after all, so it's no surprise that some tickets don't sell so fast. Also, there are a lot of different artists touring this year, a lot of festivals, music fans simply don't have the money for everything. I'm going to some other concerts this year as well, like Springsteen, and his shows are far from being sold out.

I think U2 will be fine and the tour will be great.

Mikey don't sweat it. Assuming you're a die-hard and will be in the GA line for a better portion of the day, you'll have little problem finding a fan who is in need. Look out for people walking up to the box office. If they have any doubts as to whether you're a scalper or not, invite them over to where your group is camped out in the line and they'll see that you're a real fan ;)

Thanks for the advice guys. I suppose thats another problem, that we only have the one ticket to sell. Not many people are gonna be interested unless they are so keen to go that they don't mind going on their own, or they need one to make up their required group amount.

Ah well, I'm sure itll find someone who wants it, really don't wanna have to sell it to a tout to flog on at a high price.

Well, to be honest, I think the majority of people will go to the concert simply because it's U2, regardless if they liked the last album much or not.

Exactly! I couldn't care less for Rattle & Hum but I still saw them in concert :heart: Concerts are not about an album recital it is much more than that :cute:

Back
Top Bottom