The "X" Factor, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just because the better tickets have lower numbers doesn't prove this theory... the x's could mean the order in which they were sold... whereas the better seats would obviously sell first, thus having higher "x" numbers.

That's certainly not true, because I got three D-Bag seats in Chicago I about three minutes after the first presale began with a higher X number than the single Houston D-Bag seat I got two days before the show.

I can probably look into this a bit. I work for a company that sells our events with TM. In a few days I will be in possession of a good majority of all the tickets available for an upcoming event. I can take a look at them and see what I see. :hmm:

Looking at a few tickets I had here from a previous event. The only number with an x I see is on the left side of the ticket. The better seats have a 2x, and the lesser seats have a 6x.

My Anaheim 6/6 and 6/7 2010 tickets are 3x, and 33x. Paid the same for both tickets.

That's certainly not true, because I got three D-Bag seats in Chicago I about three minutes after the first presale began with a higher X number than the single Houston D-Bag seat I got two days before the show.

ok fine... again. all i want is an actuall source as to where this came from. did someone just figure it out here and it makes sense so we're running with it? or is there an actual source to confirm what sounds like a pretty good theory?

why is this so hard? source, please.

Hmm... I've never seen an official source... it's just something that Interference generally believes is true that has always proven correct in my experiences, and, I believe, everyone else's. :shrug:

I have a 4th row center stub, and a 5th row center stub- both have 1x. I think I got the 4th row seat (for Arcade Fire) about 10-15 minutes into the sale, after worse seats were sold. I only got the 4th row seat so late because it was a single. The show sold out a few minutes later.

Man figured out that the earth rotated around the sun through evidence, not because anyone told us it was so.

I keep all of my stubs, and never knew about this "x" business until I saw this thread 4 days ago. Going through them, I can confirm that the best "seats" (including standing room only) have low "x" numbers. The worst seats, in terms of distance from the stage, have the highest.

Obviously, not every seat will have its own individual x number. Certain sections, for the purposes of ticket sales are "the same" and will have the same x number (e.g. Rows 20-30 of section 140 will have the same x number as rows 20-30 in section 110 in some stadiums).

Why is this so hard to believe?

I keep all of my stubs, and never knew about this "x" business until I saw this thread 4 days ago. Going through them, I can confirm that the best "seats" (including standing room only) have low "x" numbers. The worst seats, in terms of distance from the stage, have the highest.

Obviously, not every seat will have its own individual x number. Certain sections, for the purposes of ticket sales are "the same" and will have the same x number (e.g. Rows 20-30 of section 140 will have the same x number as rows 20-30 in section 110 in some stadiums).

Why is this so hard to believe?

I think it's not made public because it's a TM proprietary thing. For the record, I think the "X number" is the order in which the ticketing system should present available seats when a customer selects "best available", as opposed to the best view. Both are probably roughly the same though. When there's a starting public sale on TM with hundreds or thousands of sessions, the system needs a very fast way to pull up the "best seats". And it's a lot faster to search that one pre-calculated data element compared to running a seating algorithm :nerd:.

I think it's not made public because it's a TM proprietary thing. For the record, I think the "X number" is the order in which the ticketing system should present available seats when a customer selects "best available", as opposed to the best view. Both are probably roughly the same though. When there's a starting public sale on TM with hundreds or thousands of sessions, the system needs a very fast way to pull up the "best seats". And it's a lot faster to search that one pre-calculated data element compared to running a seating algorithm :nerd:.

winner

Back
Top Bottom